Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sad day in USCHO when I have to admit that the UND posters are the sane ones in a thread. Now where is wasmania?

Comment

• Re: UND at SCSU: Which goon will cheap shot Marvin first?

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      It's a sad day in USCHO when I have to admit that the UND posters are the sane ones in a thread. Now where is wasmania?
      Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies.

Huskies Sweep
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I don't. I have Comcast, so unless it's on Channel 12 or 15 (basically community channels in Minnetonka), no tv.
        Doesn't comcast show a game of the week any more?
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          I haven't been able to find it on my lineup. I think too many people enjoyed it and Comcast couldn't figure out a way to charge for it so it was yanked

Comment

They finally figured out that hockey on TV loses money.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
              Just checked Ticketbastard.... Nothing available on Friday. SRO still available for Sat.
              Just called the hockey center. They haven't even started selling SRO tickets for Friday's game because regular seat tickets are still available (not many though). Saturday does still has SRO left.

Comment

Originally posted by grabij View Post
                I haven't been able to find it on my lineup. I think too many people enjoyed it and Comcast couldn't figure out a way to charge for it so it was yanked
                That sounds about right. Greedy thieves!

Comment

Article in the Herald:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/150719/

“This weekend is for Chay,” Zajac said. “We’ve got to be playing for Chay and we’ve got to get those two wins for him.”

Getting two wins — not revenge on Marvin for the illegal hit on Genoway — was the common theme among Sioux players this week.

“We put it, more or less, behind us as a team,” Zajac said. “We’re looking to get two wins this weekend. Those other things settle themselves out in the end. Right now, we’re going to get two wins and play good, consistent hockey and get ourselves rolling.

“There are times you want to retaliate and do something back, but this team is bigger than those moments right now. We need to get rolling and get on the right track. Winning these games is more important than retaliating at this moment.”

Malone added: “We want to do the right thing for Chay, but the team comes first, always. I don’t think anyone is going to put themselves ahead of the team and let their emotions get away.”

Defenseman Joe Gleason said: “The whole thing with Chay is upsetting, we miss him and he wishes more than anything he could get back here with us, but our goal as a team is four points and we’re going to do whatever we can to get that done.”
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

From that same article,

McLeod did say that the league will start considering lengthier suspensions for flagrant hits, though. The WCHA’s standard has been handing out one-game suspensions, which is what Marvin got for his hit on Genoway.

In contrast, the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, in dealing with two recent illegal hits to the head, suspended one player for the entire season and another for 15 games.

McLeod said that the NCAA had a conference call after Marvin’s hit on Genoway to clarify the rule and another one with the league’s teams to warn them about a crackdown.

“(Longer suspensions) would definitely be a consideration after the warnings,” McLeod said. “Knock on wood, we haven’t had to deal with another one and hopefully we don’t.”
                    All for them increasing suspensions for those situations.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                      1st grade my ***. http://www.addictinggames.com/50statecapitals.html Take that, and tell me the number "perfect", the average miles off, and the amount of time you took (on the first time you take it). I'll divide any number of perfect states you get by 2, as well as average number of miles and times it by 2, and then add 1 minute to whatever you say, and we'll be good to go.
                      I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I did this anyway, 'caus it was fun...43/50, Avg error 8 miles, 3 min 51 sec
                      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                        From that same article,

All for them increasing suspensions for those situations.
                        Agree, because if this weekend becomes a hack fest the WCHA only has itself to blame. Teams wouldn't be so inclined to seek revenge if they felt the offending player was properly punished.
                        "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                          Agree, because if this weekend becomes a hack fest the WCHA only has itself to blame. Teams wouldn't be so inclined to seek revenge if they felt the offending player was properly punished.
                          I think that this is a very valid point... I, like most Sioux fans, am still very angry at the lack of punishment geared toward Marvin. I think if he would have been given a 10 or even 5 game suspension it would have done more to prove that the there is no room in the wcha for this type of hit. That being said, if Marvin is challenged this weekend, he should man up and drop the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            They finally figured out that hockey on TV loses money.
                            Did they pay Charter a lot for that feed? I would think since Cahrter pays the production cost it would be cheap to just show the feed?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Those comments work well for Friday night, but what happens if SCSU wins Friday and is up two or three goals saturday? The brawl will be on.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Those comments work well for Friday night, but what happens if SCSU wins Friday and is up two or three goals saturday? The brawl will be on.
                                Which brings up the question, Will the Huskies take off their tea gloves and put down their purses for the brawl? I doubt it.

Huskies Sweep
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X