Clarkson v. RPI, Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson v. RPI, Saturday

And with one minute left in the period...

GO, RED, GO!
    Here we come!

Re: Clarkson v. RPI, Saturday

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    FlagDUDE08         2- 0- 0  4 points 1.000
    Red Cloud          2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    Ralph Baer         1- 2- 1  3 points  .375
    fr joe             1- 2- 1  3 points  .375
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Waite21            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    engineerhockeyfan 14-17- 4 32 points  .457
    fr joe            14-22- 5 33 points  .402
    Ralph Baer        11-21- 5 27 points  .365
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-12- 0 14 points  .368
    rpihockeyfan13     5- 4- 1 11 points  .550
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-10- 3  9 points  .281
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 3- 1  3 points  .300
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hope to be at this game live. If not, well, radio for me since I'll still be on the road. Either way, I won't be on the board.

Best of luck to RPI in the REAL rivalry game.

Comment

After last nights game with SLU Im sure the boys will be coming out on fire looking to hit anything that wears green and gold and skates. Will be nice to have the 1985 team in the house tonight. Just have to play smart and agressive but not take too many stupid penalties to let clarkson stick around. Put this one away early get the 2 points and come out healthy from this game.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

This is one where they can take no chances-start early, get a lead and keep pressure up. Do not take bad penalties especially early. Cannot afford to allow Clarkson to hang around. We are favored in this one and we have to act like it. This is 2 points we cannot afford to give away. We played a tough game yesterday and came back late to force a tie-there should be no letdown.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This is a game that will test our maturity. I know that the people who post here think of Clarkson as the teams main rival. I don't know how Clarkson or RPI for that matter feel about it.
            If it is the rivalry that the older fans make it out to be, than Clarkson may see this as the game that saves their season.
            We have to be ready from the opening face off and not let up.
            We are playing a team that is short handed and down. We can't give them even a glimmer of hope.
            I have seen games like this in every sport that turn into disaster.
            We have to be ready.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

EHF - as an 'older fan' , I can say that this always THE rivalry. In fact, when I chose to attend RPI my Dad (Clarkson '53) was torn; how could his son choose the enemy. The irony is that my son was thiiiis close to going to Union [so I have a soft spot for them]. The accommodation that I've come up with is along the lines of the old Arab saying. "Me against my brother; me and my brother against my cousins; me, my brothers, and my cousins against the world." So I'm for all ECACH Vs the world; RPI, UC, and CU (that seems wrong, it should be CCT) against the rest of the ECACH; RPI over all.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                This is a game that will test our maturity. I know that the people who post here think of Clarkson as the teams main rival. I don't know how Clarkson or RPI for that matter feel about it.
                If it is the rivalry that the older fans make it out to be, than Clarkson may see this as the game that saves their season.
                We have to be ready from the opening face off and not let up.
                We are playing a team that is short handed and down. We can't give them even a glimmer of hope.
                I have seen games like this in every sport that turn into disaster.
                We have to be ready.
                Most Clarkson fans view SLU as their main rival, although some see it as us and some as Cornell.

I am a bit concerned that because our women's team upset Clarkson yesterday, symmetry could imply that the Clarkson men's team would beat us.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Most Clarkson fans view SLU as their main rival, although some see it as us and some as Cornell.

I am a bit concerned that because our women's team upset Clarkson yesterday, symmetry could imply that the Clarkson men's team would beat us.
                  Symmetry also implied we'd beat Union at Messa. That didn't work out. Anything can happen, that's why they play the games. This is a must win. We need to show why we yell what we yell at 19:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Not quite the same symmetry. Tied for 3rd upsetting the 1 seed is not the same as 12 upsetting #6.

I will be there tonight and am hoping that we don't play down to the level of our opponents. Two points tonight will be crucial in our quest for a weekend off in the beginning of March.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Women down 1-0 to SLU on an early goal just 2:54 in.
                      APBWiki

Comment

2-0 SLU on a power play goal at 8:52.
                        APBWiki

Comment

Usually I am not one to kick someone when they are down-but I really hope we come out with all guns blazing and firing-I have a long memory and remember getting hammered by Clarkson twice in 1965-1966.(16-1 at HFH is the worst defeat I have ever seen RPI suffer in person) This would be a lovely chance for Chase Polacek to add to his stats for the year
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

3-0 SLU on another PPG. RPI has absolutely NOTHING going on right now.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Tonight's game will be broadcast by RPI TV on Ustream at the following address:
                              http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey

We're rehashing our Replay system for tonight, so hopefully you'll see more of them!
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                              X