"If I'd Known..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If I'd Known..."

Hand-in-hand with our New Year's resolutions goes the end of Beginuary regrets over those things we would have done differently (or not at all).

Not to be confused with the ill-fated local cable sports show "What If?" which was a complete failure as it tried to figure out what would have happened in such signature sports moments at Billy Buckner muffing the ball for the 1986 Mets-Red Sox game 6 (spoiler alert: the Sox would have lost anyhow).

I offer the opportunity to express your hockey-related regrets:

To whit:

"If I'd known that the Brown hockey thread would be such a HUGE time suck, I would never have started reading it."
    "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
    -- Thank You For Smoking

Re: "If I'd Known..."

If I had known that no one on here would realize that I'm right 100% of the time, I might not have started posting on here!
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

..that winning or losing a game by 16 or 17 goals was actually a character builder, I would have done something other than coaching."

Comment

...what great play by play commentators they had on WIRY.com in Platty I never would have stained them about not webcasting. Now if they could just get WIRY to commit to airing all women's home games...they will really have something unique.

Comment

how to play hockey, I'd have a new hip by now
          Illegitimum non carborundum
          Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
          Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
          Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

...when i started covering women's hockey two years ago that i would enjoy it this much, i would have become a writer from the beginning instead of a guinea pig for my college's newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              ...what great play by play commentators they had on WIRY.com in Platty I never would have stained them about not webcasting. Now if they could just get WIRY to commit to airing all women's home games...they will really have something unique.
              I knew...and I tried to tell the world several times...but, would they listen...noooooo...oh well...look what you missed.

Comment

".....that the Beavers could play outside I never would have built a $75 million arena on the south shore of Lake Bemidji."
                --Mayor Dick Lehmann
                Bemidji, MN

http://www.paulbunyan.net/weathernew...entcenter.html

Comment

...........i was so beautiful. I would have worn a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                    ...........i was so beautiful. I would have worn a mask.
                    that CHG was so beautiful and didn't wear a mask, I'd being calling him "Dimples"
                    "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                    -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Phil D. Stands View Post
                      that CHG was so beautiful and didn't wear a mask, I'd being calling him "Dimples"
                      .....5 4 Fighting could be so eloquent,articulate and impassioned ( see Brown posting of early this morning) i would not have called him a redneck..... oh wait it was Mrs. Chirping that called him that.... so i really shouldnt be posting this ... how do i delete this..... Fade to black....

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
                        .....5 4 Fighting could be so eloquent,articulate and impassioned ( see Brown posting of early this morning) i would not have called him a redneck..... oh wait it was Mrs. Chirping that called him that.... so i really shouldnt be posting this ... how do i delete this..... Fade to black....
                        Ya both Mrs. Chirping and that tiger at RIT are going to get there oats someday. Keep looking over your shoulder you two...it will never be safe for either of you to go back in the water.....

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                          Ya both Mrs. Chirping and that tiger at RIT are going to get there oats someday. Keep looking over your shoulder you two...it will never be safe for either of you to go back in the water.....

Whilst the toothless tiger in kodakville has sent many a fan scurrying with his ill aimed " T-shirt-zooka" it pales in comparison to the damage done by Mrs. Chirping and subsequent sin bin visits for that new womens college hockey call that is oft heard emanating from the zebras mouths .......

" 2 for leg whipping" ... Easy fiver . Ever been leg whipped? or know anyone who has?

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
                            Whilst the toothless tiger in kodakville has sent many a fan scurrying with his ill aimed " T-shirt-zooka" it pales in comparison to the damage done by Mrs. Chirping and subsequent sin bin visits for that new womens college hockey call that is oft heard emanating from the zebras mouths .......

" 2 for leg whipping" ... Easy fiver . Ever been leg whipped? or know anyone who has?
                            As a matter of fact I have seen the leg whip penalty`of which you speak called once. Last weekend at the domes. Wasn`t sure if it was a 2 minute call or 10 yard penalty and repeat 3rd down....

Comment

...that some of the Brown contingent are such whiners, I would have asked Phil D. Stands to send them some cheese...

Comment

Working...
                              X