Sweet
    43.97%
    Meh
    27.66%
    Stupid
    13.48%
    Freddy Meyer
    14.89%
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Re: The Beanpot is...

I think it is by far the best in-season tourney. Boston bragging rights. Local interest. Local rivalries. Private and public schools. Rotating opponents (unlike the GLI that is set up to have that "great" matchup of UM-MSU). Storied past. What more could you want?
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Not much local interest 30 minutes north. Boring. Either BU or BC always win. Even tho we are supposed to genuflect everytime someone mentions it I could care less who wins.

Comment

The Beanpot is great. It's great for the four schools, Boston, college hockey and fans of other schools. There aren't many things in sports as unique and with as much history as the Beanpot.

In CT, I would love to have implemented a lower tier version including Quinnipaic, Yale, Sacred Heart and Uconn. Women's college hockey currently does this and calls it the Nutmeg Classic, but Uconn is on a much higher level in women's play than in men's. Regardless a yearly holiday tourney featuring these four would definitely be a plus in a state that loves their hockey.
        Last edited by allnightwong; 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
          I think it is by far the best in-season tourney. Boston bragging rights. Local interest. Local rivalries. Private and public schools. Rotating opponents (unlike the GLI that is set up to have that "great" matchup of UM-MSU). Storied past. What more could you want?
          Which Beanpot participant is a public school?

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
            Harvard
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Harvard
              Sarcasm, right? Because it's most certainly not (as far as I know?)

I don't see the "BU Invitational" option, so I'll go with the closest one, Freddy Meyer.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Love it but is there anything that can be done to "fix" it ? Parker himself said of the BC-BU thing that except for those schools, most are sick of it because of the sameness (the BC-BU matchup) and while i tend to agree, how about the others freaking winning a game? NU 17 in a row vs BU in 'pot matchups and when was the last time Harvard beat BC? NU ! win a freaking game against BU ,can you please? same with Harvard vs BC. And it's not like they both are always terrible and never, ever beat BU or BC but in the Beanpot................totally impotent, the BU-NU thing is insanity!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                  That's actually not what I meant to write, but I don't want to write what I intended because it might be taken the wrong way, as an insult, which is not what I would intend either. Yeah. Stopping now. Foot firmly planted in my mouth...

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    Love it but is there anything that can be done to "fix" it ? Parker himself said of the BC-BU thing that except for those schools, most are sick of it because of the sameness (the BC-BU matchup) and while i tend to agree, how about the others freaking winning a game? NU 17 in a row vs BU in 'pot matchups and when was the last time Harvard beat BC? NU ! win a freaking game against BU ,can you please? same with Harvard vs BC. And it's not like they both are always terrible and never, ever beat BU or BC but in the Beanpot................totally impotent, the BU-NU thing is insanity!
                    I like the fact Parker said all of that to the press; I sometimes wonder if he thinks it is all moot now. H beat BC at Bright in December of '08, 4-2. The last time H won the Beanpot was 1993, last Frozen Four was 1994 the loss against LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                      That's actually not what I meant to write, but I don't want to write what I intended because it might be taken the wrong way, as an insult, which is not what I would intend either. Yeah. Stopping now. Foot firmly planted in my mouth...
                      LOL, sorry... not sure if it was a joke or a typo.

You have got to give BU and Coach Parker a tip of the hat, as they play to win the 'Pot.

Comment

...a total yawn to anybody outside of Bahsten.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

I like the concept. The one-sidedness of the results has made it a yawner, though.

I'd like to see a Governors' Cup between Maine, UHN, UVM, & ZooMass. Rotating hosts.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            I'd like to see a Governors' Cup between Maine, UHN, UVM, & ZooMass. Rotating hosts.
                            Along those lines, I wonder why BC and ND don't rotate hosting a Catholic Cup tourney. Sacred Heart, Mercyhurst and Holy Cross could rotate in as the other two each year.

Comment

I hate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X