Boston University at UMass Lowell 2/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University at UMass Lowell 2/5

The last two times these two teams played here were some pretty thrilling games.

Is BU actually on an upswing or, like all the other ones so far this year is this just a win or two followed by more mediocrity?

Re: Boston University at UMass Lowell 2/5

Apparently nobody cares about this game... I hope the exception is the team.
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Heard they have sold 4,000+ tix so far, so someone cares. Isn't it whiteout night at Lowell or something? I think many people care about this game, but the Beanpot thread is sucking up everyone's energy right now.

Big game for both teams, although I think it's *ever so slightly* larger for a scuffling Lowell team than for our Terriers.

I'm going to say UML wins 4-2 on the strength of 3 power play goals.
      Boston University Hockey
      1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        The last two times these two teams played here were some pretty thrilling games.

Is BU actually on an upswing or, like all the other ones so far this year is this just a win or two followed by more mediocrity?
        clearly an upswing, big time!

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
          Heard they have sold 4,000+ tix so far, so someone cares. Isn't it whiteout night at Lowell or something? I think many people care about this game, but the Beanpot thread is sucking up everyone's energy right now.

Big game for both teams, although I think it's *ever so slightly* larger for a scuffling Lowell team than for our Terriers.

I'm going to say UML wins 4-2 on the strength of 3 power play goals.
          I know it's important to people... clearly it's important to me, I was just joking around because it was on the second page. I don't think this game could be any bigger for BU.. having not won 3 in a row yet all season, having just appeared in the PairWise for the first time... We need to go on a real streak, no more two game crap, this game is extremely important. It also has potential to show our ability to get up for a game like this. This is the the kind of game BU has been laying eggs in recently and we have to get rid of that habit to make a run.

As always, no predictions from me.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

where did you hear 4k tickets sold? ticketmaster has seats one section off center ice in the 6th row available.
            time to write new history

Comment

Basically where this Lowell team seems to come down to is that if they can't score more than 2 goals, they're going to lose. Strangely enough, that's not the goaltending/defense, but the offense just hasn't done it's job. Lowell's last 8 losses are in games where they scored 1 or 2 goals.

Please remember, the game's been moved to 7:30, as some of the roads in the area will be closed.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I hope that Parker doesn't start Rollie in the interest of preserving the rotation. I want to say that, this far into the season, the rotation doesn't serve a purpose anymore and Millan has been solid and approaching last year's form in recent games. If Millan does start, as I think he should, look for another solid game from him. If BU is in this game, I'm sure it will be on the shoulders of Millan.
                GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Any chance this game is on tv?
                  Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                  when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                  "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                    I hope that Parker doesn't start Rollie in the interest of preserving the rotation. I want to say that, this far into the season, the rotation doesn't serve a purpose anymore and Millan has been solid and approaching last year's form in recent games. If Millan does start, as I think he should, look for another solid game from him. If BU is in this game, I'm sure it will be on the shoulders of Millan.
                    Amen. Rollie's done nothing IMHO to force a rotation. With Millan improving by the game, start him the rest of the way. Can't afford to be giving away any games at this point.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                      Any chance this game is on tv?
                      I don't think so. Hockey night with Bernie, brought to you by Bickford's.
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                        I don't think so. Hockey night with Bernie, brought to you by Bickford's.
                        I'm impressed by how it's always a whole new game at Bickford's Grille over the last 4 years.
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Should be able to do the B2 ppv off the chiefs website
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            I'm impressed by how it's always a whole new game at Bickford's Grille over the last 4 years.
                            I don't know where else I can get downtown food at uptown prices!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

mookie, any reason the groundhog day quote in your sig is gone today on.... groundhog day? If it should be there any day, it should be today!
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                              X