• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Playoff Picture

Originally posted by JB View Post
    PU,
    Go, you Princeton Tigers!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

If it gets to the point where BU looks incredibly unlikely to get home ice (are we there already?) we should probably just play to get BC in the quarterfinals... the Eagles seem to be the only team we can get up against! Except maybe UMass...
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        The road in numbers are the composite record of remaining opponents. I only used in league records. Take the winning % of all remaining opponents and averaging. This says that BU has the easiest road in with their average opponent only winning 43.6% of the time in league. This makes sense with BU playing 6 of there last 9 against PU, UVM and NU or teams 7,8 and 10 in league.

For several years I have been playing with a better way to predict the end of season records and understand when things are locked in for a certain team. This type of remain schedule information is "free" based on the other stuff I am looking at. One of these days I will actually come-up with something useful. I really only work on it for a couple hours per year and hence nothing gets advanced. One of these days if I get the motivation I will write a computer program to spit out the data instead of doing it by hand with tables.
        Ah ok, that makes sense! I should have assumed, but wasn't sure, thanks for clarifying. Too many numbers hurt my already gigantic noggin

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Go, you Princeton Tigers!
          Good point, it didn't look right but it did highlight the status of the program these days...
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            What are you basing that on?
            The coaches comments
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              If it gets to the point where BU looks incredibly unlikely to get home ice (are we there already?) we should probably just play to get BC in the quarterfinals... the Eagles seem to be the only team we can get up against! Except maybe UMass...
              Not UMass, our record in Amherst in recent years has been horrid.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                I think they'll get home ice, but I'm more concerned about not getting UNH until the final.

I like our chances better in a final game in the Garden than a semi...no real science, just a feeling that UNH will already be in and have a seed 90% pinned down while we'll still be trying to make sure we're in or don't get a terrible seed.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X