Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA @ SCSU Feb. 5/6: No time for a Clever Title, just make sure its got the Red Face!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA @ SCSU Feb. 5/6: No time for a Clever Title, just make sure its got the Red Face!

SCSU coming off a split in CC where neither side remembered to dress their blueline. UAA in a shocker looked like butthole Friday night, only to rebound and win Saturday!

Anchorage lost a couple of close home games to the Huskies to start December, but have gone 4-3-1 since in a decently tough stretch. SCSU's gone 9-2-1, with all three of their blemishes against CC.

Party on Wayne...
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: UAA @ SCSU Feb. 5/6: No time for a Clever Title, just make sure its got the Red Face!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    SCSU coming off a split in CC where neither side remembered to dress their blueline. UAA in a shocker looked like butthole Friday night, only to rebound and win Saturday!

Anchorage lost a couple of close home games to the Huskies to start December, but have gone 4-3-1 since in a decently tough stretch. SCSU's gone 9-2-1, with all three of their blemishes against CC.

Party on Wayne...
    Surprised you didn't say how UAA has never won at the National Concrete Center. This years team will change that. That is all.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Re: UAA @ SCSU Feb. 5/6: No time for a Clever Title, just make sure its got the Red F

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

Party on Wayne...
      Party on Garth!
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Re: UAA @ SCSU Feb. 5/6: No time for a Clever Title, just make sure its got the Red Face!

We need points. We get them by sweeping. Let's start by winning on Friday.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Re: UAA @ SCSU Feb. 5/6: No time for a Clever Title, just make sure its got the Red F

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Surprised you didn't say how UAA has never won at the National Concrete Center. This years team will change that. That is all.
          What is the status of Tommy Grant for this upcoming weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
            I'm sure he'll be out for this series. On top of the concussion he suffered a leg injury. i dont know the specifics though

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
              Well, he does have a concussion, and he gets an MRI on his knee tomorrow, so I am sure he'll be out for awhile. Thanks to Lucia's cheap shot.

Haddad and Gorham may be out as well.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well, he does have a concussion, and he gets an MRI on his knee tomorrow, so I am sure he'll be out for awhile. Thanks to Lucia's cheap shot.

Haddad and Gorham may be out as well.
                Not good, what are their injuries?
                SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                  Not good, what are their injuries?
                  Hip pointer (I think), lower body, and concussion with possible knee.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

If UAA play SCSU like they did against DU and MN the last couple weeks, a split would be minimum I think for UAA.

While SCSU kicked MN's arse, it was more capitalizing on MN's mistakes (which yes, good teams do), not creating chances on their own. Note: this is NOT NOT NOT a "we lost that series, you guys didn't win it" stance.

Now, I had to rely on Sonmor/Shaver for the UAA-MN series, so I can't really get into specifics on the nuances of those games, but 7-4 the first night says that UAA can score, and 2-1 the second night says they have a good goaltender/defense. Relating to the DU series, I agree. It's a matter of getting them both in sync on the same night.

Just one thing, you Huskies: please (legally) level Clark. Over and over again. I really dislike that guy.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      If UAA play SCSU like they did against DU and MN the last couple weeks, a split would be minimum I think for UAA.

While SCSU kicked MN's arse, it was more capitalizing on MN's mistakes (which yes, good teams do), not creating chances on their own. Note: this is NOT NOT NOT a "we lost that series, you guys didn't win it" stance.

Now, I had to rely on Sonmor/Shaver for the UAA-MN series, so I can't really get into specifics on the nuances of those games, but 7-4 the first night says that UAA can score, and 2-1 the second night says they have a good goaltender/defense. Relating to the DU series, I agree. It's a matter of getting them both in sync on the same night.

Just one thing, you Huskies: please (legally) level Clark. Over and over again. I really dislike that guy.
                      LOL, we all love Clarkie! He is so much fun to watch, if he is on your team that is. Nobody plays with more heart than #9. You just hate him because he is a Gopher killer.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

LOL, we all love Clarkie! He is so much fun to watch, if he is on your team that is. Nobody plays with more heart than #9. You just hate him because he is a Gopher killer.
                        Actually, I hate him because while he does have some skill, he's a *ing goon.

His actions in the DU series were embarrassing.

You should be honored, as it's the first UAA player I had any sort of feeling towards.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Actually, I hate him because while he does have some skill, he's a *ing goon.

His actions in the DU series were embarrassing.

You should be honored, as it's the first UAA player I had any sort of feeling towards.
                          This is not a good time for you to talk to me about any UAA "goons". Did you see Lucia's cheap shot to the head of Tommy Grant? He is out with a concussion and maybe a knee injury as well.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Unless UAA finds some offense, I don't think they can win in the NHC.
                            SCSU is going to score goals, likely in bunches, so for SCSU, it's up to the defense to get back to form.
                            We're the only team to put a sweep on UAA in their building and out of the last 16 games, the Huskies have put up 3 or better in 15 of them.
                            I don't know if UAA can shut down the Huskies enough to win.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

This is not a good time for you to talk to me about any UAA "goons". Did you see Lucia's cheap shot to the head of Tommy Grant? He is out with a concussion and maybe a knee injury as well.
                              I didn't, as the video was overloaded and didn't really play on my comp. I won't/can't comment on it until I see video. But you know me, I'll call it straight, if I see the hit.

Example: I was livid at tDon2's actions last year in ND (the Hill-coached series).

Comment

Working...
                              X