'Cats and 'Dogs--NMU @ Ferris, Feb 5-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cats and 'Dogs--NMU @ Ferris, Feb 5-6

NMU is coming off a win and shoot-out win against Alaska. Ferris' series with tOSU ended in a loss and shoot out win.
    This. Series. Is. HUGE, especially for NMU.
    Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: 'Cats and 'Dogs--NMU @ Ferris, Feb 5-6

Time for the Cats to make a statement. A sweep may be a bit much to expect, but they must play at high level to get ready for the CCHA tourney. I was able to see them last year @ Miami of Ohio during the playoffs, and it is time for them to start playing with that level of confidence and determination.
    This should be a good series.
    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Can someone give me an update on all of the Cat injuries?
      GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
        Can someone give me an update on all of the Cat injuries?
        Walt will likely give an update on the NMU Sports Roundtable show tomorrow night. His segment begins around 7:30 pm.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          NMU is coming off a win and shoot-out win against Alaska. Ferris' series with tOSU ended in a loss and shoot out win.
          This. Series. Is. HUGE, especially for NMU.
          Discuss.
          Each game is HUGE for the CATS!!!!!! Its time to build on the things learned (DON'T TAKE STUPID PENALTIES) and building some momentum forward each weekend. Just like last week, treat each game as a Playoff game and play WILDCAT HOCKEY!!!!

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Alaska recap, look to Ferris

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2hT7joZ2wY&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2hT7joZ2wY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Interview with Brian Nugent and Kory Kaunisto

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dy-O_o8Nv5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dy-O_o8Nv5Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
            Cat Chat - Covering NMU Hockey since 2008

Comment

Saturday's game will be televised on FSD+ at 7 PM. I'm going to try and get tickets to that game, if possible.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

So I was thinking...and maybe Aparch or someone else could do a little research to see who holds NMU's record. Did you know that Alan Dorich has played in 123 career games at NMU and has yet to score a goal? I think we should start the Dorich watch. I know he is a stay at home defenseman but with that many games not a single goal to his credit...come on Big Al!!! You can do it!!! I like the game that he plays and I know he isn't asked to contribute offensively but wouldn't it be great to see him light one up?

As for last weekend...a **** shame that Tom Anastos and Steve Piotrowski continue to let that worthless worm of a ref named McGinchak (or whatever the spelling) wear water wings and have an impact. That is precisely the problem, he has an impact, and it is never for the better of the game. Hell, NMU had what 6 powerplays on the weekend to Alaska's 18? Go figure??? He still doesn't know what a good hip check is versus tripping and wouldn't know contact to the head unless I met him in Flannigan's and let him witness it first hand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                  As for last weekend...a **** shame that Tom Anastos and Steve Piotrowski continue to let that worthless worm of a ref named McGinchak (or whatever the spelling) wear water wings and have an impact. That is precisely the problem, he has an impact, and it is never for the better of the game. Hell, NMU had what 6 powerplays on the weekend to Alaska's 18? Go figure??? He still doesn't know what a good hip check is versus tripping and wouldn't know contact to the head unless I met him in Flannigan's and let him witness it first hand!!!
                  It's a rarity anymore, but I'm in full agreement with MOJO. What a joke of an official.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Mojo think mid-1990's. This hometown product graduated with Kujo in 1990 played with the Electricians and the NAHL with Kalamazoo. He's a great guy who always hung out across the street from where Kujo and I were raised. Kujo name that hometown former Worcester AHL defensemen! Hint: He played from 1991-1995 with the Cats and lettered all four years while at NMU! He holds the record of never scoring a goal while lettering all fours years. He was a supplemental draft pick in 1994 by the Edmonton Oilers.
                    Last edited by kariya; 02-01-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
                      Mojo think mid-1990's. This hometown product graduated with Kujo in 1990 played with the Electricians and the NAHL with Kalamazoo. He's a great guy who always hung out across the street from where Kujo and I were raised. Kujo name that hometown former Worcester AHL defensemen! Hint: He played from 1991-1995 with the Cats and lettered all four years while at NMU! He holds the record of never scoring a goal while lettering all fours years. He was a supplemental draft pick in 1994 by the Edmonton Oilers.
                      How about Chad Dameworth!!!
                      Former Marquette Electrician and NMU Wildcat.

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckRalph View Post
                        How about Chad Dameworth!!!
                        Former Marquette Electrician and NMU Wildcat.
                        You are correct!!

Dameworth: 117 games 0 goals
                        J. Kyle : 107 games 0 goals

Mr. Dorich: 123 games (and counting) 0 goals

IF Al does happen to score I sure hope it's at home.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that we seem to be the only fans (outside of Tech) that ever post in our weekly series threads?

I am hoping for a Wildcat Sweep and I'm really pumped that I'll be able to catch the game on Saturday. I'll be in Santa Monica for business and I've already found a bar that will carry it.

Whoo Hoo!
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Santa Monica Billy, must be nice. I'm looking forward to a trip to Florida come early March. It will be worth missing a couple of playoff series to bake in the sun in Sarasota, Lauderdale and The Keys.

Anyway back to hockey. NMU has a real opportunity to right the ship and make a serious push this coming weekend. Ferris State has come back to reality a bit since the New Year. While the Cats won't underestimate them, and nor should they in a tough venue, they can win both games with a tremendous effort.

Hopefully the team which was on the ice at The Berry and not the one in Omaha takes to the ice and brings home the majority of points. I'm optimistic that a good showing is in the forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Saturday's game will be televised on FSD+ at 7 PM. I'm going to try and get tickets to that game, if possible.
                              Saturday's game is at 7:35pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X