What is it with B2TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with B2TV?

What's the deal with B2TV? I have seen maybe 1 full game all season that's allegedly webcast (whatever the term is) for my kid's team (Niagara U). Repeated e-mails to them go into a black hole. I signed up for a season's worth of games and have been sorely disappointed, not to mention RIPPED OFF!

I thought maybe it was just Niagara U with the problems but tonight's game is at Mercyhurst and the same "Preparing Video Please Stand By" is the result.

Sign me p.o.'d in the extreme,
    Fuzzy

Re: What is it with B2TV?

Glad you posted, it's not me then. Same thing is happening with the RPI women's game. I thought it might be a bad cable at the rink. Your post tells me otherwise.

Comment

Please post approximate time you lost B2. Maybe we can figure out a pattern. I just lost them again at 8:33 pm est.

Comment

Lost it again at 8:54, 45 seconds left in the game with Q having an empty net. Didn't see the end of the game!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyForHockey View Post
          What's the deal with B2TV? I have seen maybe 1 full game all season that's allegedly webcast (whatever the term is) for my kid's team (Niagara U). Repeated e-mails to them go into a black hole. I signed up for a season's worth of games and have been sorely disappointed, not to mention RIPPED OFF!

I thought maybe it was just Niagara U with the problems but tonight's game is at Mercyhurst and the same "Preparing Video Please Stand By" is the result.

Sign me p.o.'d in the extreme,
          Fuzzy
          A few years ago you could speak to someone when their service wasn't functioning properly or at all...someone actually answered the phone...even on a Saturday a couple of different times...but that didn't last long. They quickly became real short on customer service...pre-programmed generic computer generated responses is what you get for the last 2 years while you sit and wait for the game to either start or start for the 3rd, 4th or maybe 10th time. Sometimes the response/directions given are totally irrelevent to your situation.

A "black hole" is an accurate description...I've had no broadcast of several games in that period of time that, as you know, were paid for up front and every request for a refund for that particular game, if only out of principle...since the amount is trifling, has been met with silence. They don't even have the business presence and courtesy to respond to a customer. But, this is the problem with monopolies and/or oligopolies. And not only do you lose that part of your subscription but you also lose the time that you sat there waiting for it to begin because their idiotic message kept telling you to "Stand By" as if someone was actually actively engaged in trying to fix the problem. One of the links provided on their site to email them if you are experienceing problems, doesn't work!...it doesn't allow you to email them...at least it still didn't as of a few months ago...and several eventual emails to them advising them of that problem changed absolutely nothing. I was later told that no one works there on the weekends. At times I was later told that the problem was at the particular arena in question with cables that weren't connected properly or reception or whatever.

For the most part you can only conclude that they've got your money and they don't care. I've even strongly suggested to them that they should change the name of their firm to B2DeadTV to more accurately reflect the level of service that they provide.

On that happy note, I will pass along a contact name and number that I was fairly recently given but which I cannot vouch for since, luckily, I have not yet had the displeasure of having to use it.

Bruce Levine @ 1-337-303-4198

Another option that I would recommend is to call the Sports Information Director at the university in question and explain your concerns since that institution is ultimately contracting B2DeadTV to "attempt" to cover their games.

Good luck to all you Dead Heads out there.
          Last edited by Blackbeard; 01-29-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Comes in clear up here....Just kidding. Good luck with that.

Comment

I like the SID route. I'll give that one a try, thanks!

Comment

Thanks to all - glad to know I'm not alone in the wilderness (actually I know of other Niagara U parents have had the same problem with B2TV).

As to "what time did it drop out" - I would have felt lucky to have been able to see anything at all. I don't remember the last time exactly that I actually received any video at all. At least they sometimes put 50% 'truth in advertising' on the game schedule by saying "no audio" => they should say "no video" as well.

FWIW I was in Niagara earlier this year and saw TV cams and human announcers. I flagged down one of the humans but they knew nothing of B2TV as they were the local cable channel.

Also we (several Niagara parents) have brought this to the attention of the head coach with no results so far. He's busy enough so I'm not going to push him. I will be pursuing the SID, AD and university president next. If nothing else perhaps B2TV will not be a vendor welcomed at Niagara.

Finally, I have one more experiment to do - since I signed up for both men's and women's broadcasts, I have to find time to check on a men's scheduled broadcast. If it comes through with flying colors, maybe there is a gender discrimination angle to be exploited. Yes, I'm that upset...but I better go crawl back under my rock....

Comment

Please don't crawl under the rock. Maybe what we need is just some sunlight on the issue. I've already written another email, this time to the SID. Let's see what it'll bring.

Comment

Working...
                  X