Congratulations Coach!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Coach!!!

I just wanted to congratulate Coach Bill Mandigo on his milestone 400th team victory last Saturday against Williams! I really do not know how this has escaped our collective recognition. Whether you love Midd or love to hate Midd, his team's 401-102-21 career record is pretty amazing. I can directly trace my interest in women's DIII back to a Polar Bear-Panther tilt up in Brunswick and I might never have gotten there if not for the Midd mystique.
    Thanks Coach.

Re: Congratulations Coach!!!

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    I just wanted to congratulate Coach Bill Mandigo on his milestone 400th team victory last Saturday against Williams! I really do not know how this has escaped our collective recognition. Whether you love Midd or love to hate Midd, his team's 401-102-21 career record is pretty amazing. I can directly trace my interest in women's DIII back to a Polar Bear-Panther tilt up in Brunswick and I might never have gotten there if not for the Midd mystique.
    Thanks Coach.
    Ditto. I just saw reference to this milestone achieved by Coach Mandigo earlier today on the Midd Athletic website. My congrats go out to Caoch Mandigo as well. And thanks for keeping us fans on our collective toes, Obserbear!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      Thanks Coach.
      I mentioned it in my column last week and interviewed Bill about the accomplishment and the Panthers' season to date

Apparently no one reads my column nowadays...

The NCAA press release actually took a quote from my story in their press release.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
        Apparently no one reads my column nowadays...
        I do.

Comment

Well done indeed!! That shows commitment and dedication as well as a terrific ability to bring success year in and year out!

Anyone know what Coach Houle's record at Platsburgh would be? I don't think it's in Mandigo's neighbourhood, but it has to be quite impressive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
            Well done indeed!! That shows commitment and dedication as well as a terrific ability to bring success year in and year out!

Anyone know what Coach Houle's record at Platsburgh would be? I don't think it's in Mandigo's neighbourhood, but it has to be quite impressive as well.
            His current record is 156-25-10.

You can find a list of all time wins leaders here

http://ahcahockey.com/coaches/alltime/women.html

And here you can find a list of all current D-III coaches records and win %.

http://ahcahockey.com/coaches/active/d3wom.html

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post

Very impressive. Straight from Plattsburgh's website (of course this was at the start of this season):

Kevin Houle is arguably the most successful coach, men's or women's, in NCAA ice hockey circles today. With three National Coach of the Year citations from the American Hockey Coaches' Association (AHCA) in a row from 2006 to 2008, Houle has led Plattsburgh State to back-to-back NCAA Division III women's championships in 2007 and '08. He owns an .838 winning percentage on a 143-24-9 career record, which ranks first among ALL active men's and women's coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                You can find a list of all time wins leaders here
                http://ahcahockey.com/coaches/alltime/women.html
                And why is the heading Mens winners?????????
                4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                  And why is the heading Mens winners?????????
                  Ask the AHCA?

I'd appreciate the fact that someone out there is actually tracking the stat rather than complaining about a minute detail.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I'd appreciate the fact that someone out there is actually tracking the stat rather than complaining about a minute detail.
                    I do appreciate that someone is tracking the stat, I was hoping someone from the AHCA might see the comments and correct the oversight.
                    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Working...
                    X