Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
    Who are we seeing in goal tonight?
    Millan tonight and Monday, barring an injury.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Millan tonight and Monday, barring an injury.
      ****, and I was looking forward to "The Quiet Storm" Alex Greer
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        ****, and I was looking forward to "The Quiet Storm" Alex Greer
        I think you mean "The Quite Storm".
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think you mean "The Quite Storm".
          The title was edited, and the "latter" issue has been fixed, but the URL apparently can't be changed and still says "quitely."

I also love that there's a poll on this. I'm suprised most people haven't gone for the Other option, which could easily mean "Who the heck is this," "Why can't you spell," "Stop spamming, you're a tool," or "What about your undisclosed brain problem?"
          Boston University 2009 Champs
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
            I think the poster is the kid. Why else would there be such an obsession with him? Especially since no one else has ever heard of this kid.
            There's no way anything about this thing is real, including the kid. Even a young person lacking all experience who aspires to be a sports journalist knows that you include the name of the high school, or his record number of points, or his injury. And I highly doubt a high school league keeps stats on hits. I bet it's a poster on this message board who just wanted to see if he could get people to believe his story for ****s and giggles. Or someone experimenting or trying to prove a point about internet/recruiting rumors.

Comment

THREE IN A ROW, MUTHA FUCAHS!!!

1-New Hampshire===GP(19)__12-4-3____27===ppg(1.42)^
              2-Boston College===GP(19)___11-6-2____24=====(1.26)*
              3-Maine=========GP(18)___10-6-2_____22=====(1.22)
              4-Massachusetts==GP(20)____11-9-0____22=====(1.10)*
              5-Mass.-Lowell====GP(18)___8-8-2_____18=====(1.00)*
              6-Boston University=GP(19)___8-9-2____18=====(0.95)
              7-Vermont========GP(18)__7-8-3_____17=====(0.94)
              8-Northeastern====GP(19)___8-10-1___17======(0.89)
              9-Merrimack======GP(17)__6-11-0______12======(0.71)*
              10-Providence=====GP(19)__4-14-1____9======(0.47)

BU owns tiebreaker*
              BU loses tiebreaker^

SAT
              New Hampshire at Maine
              Vermont at Providence
              Mass.-Lowell at Merrimack

(no help tonight)
              Last edited by mookie1995; 02-05-2010, 08:49 PM.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

.500!
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hammer time View Post
                  are those real things? they do kinda sound legit

fail
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Didn't see it ,but any road win in HE this time of year is a good one. Next weekend's back to back with Maine (haven't forgotten Monday) looms large for a whole bunch of reasons. Great time of the year for hockey fans!
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

.500!

glass is half FULL terrier nation!
                      Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                      when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                      "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

where was colby tonight?
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          where was colby tonight?
                          Lower body injury. Questionable for Monday.

Comment

Lower body injury. Questionable for Monday.
                            practice thing? no colby = terrible powerplay = very shorthanded for monday.

Comment

Great win tonight. It was great to see the defensive corp have one of their best games this season. Gryba, Shatty, and Warso were all pretty lockdown in our own zone. Even Nicastro and Escobedo stepped up their game.

Lowell's quick goal was probably the best thing that happened that game. Woke us up and let the team know that they would have to really skate.

My one big concern was the number of times we had a clear, easy chance to clear the puck out of our zone, whether it was even strength or on the PK, and we either whiffed on the puck, made half-contact, or shot it into a Riverhawk's chest. Thankfully our defense was solid enough to block most of the shots and Millan handled any that got through, but if we do that against BC on Monday, they'll be sure to convert the second chances we give them.

But still: .500!
                              GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                                My one big concern was the number of times we had a clear, easy chance to clear the puck out of our zone, whether it was even strength or on the PK, and we either whiffed on the puck, made half-contact, or shot it into a Riverhawk's chest. Thankfully our defense was solid enough to block most of the shots and Millan handled any that got through, but if we do that against BC on Monday, they'll be sure to convert the second chances we give them.
                                This is true, but Lowell also is probably the best team in hockey east at boards play, pestering the team trying to clear the zone, and keeping it in at the blue line. They absolutely killed us last year in the HECG at this.

Comment

Working...
                                X