Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

It just gives us a chance to make the tourney even if we don't see BU win HE.

But lets make sure there are no chances. Just win the HE tourney to put my mind at ease.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      I sure hope as many people as possible make the little trip up to UML to get the team up and energized on Friday.
      Had my UML friend pick up tickets today in section E.
      GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        It just gives us a chance to make the tourney even if we don't see BU win HE.

But lets make sure there are no chances. Just win the HE tourney to put my mind at ease.
        I think we'd have to go pretty close to unbeaten for the rest of the season to make it as an at-large team.
        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
          I think we'd have to go pretty close to unbeaten for the rest of the season to make it as an at-large team.
          And have to pray that the TUCs fall favorably.
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Just for Mookie --

BU Hockey: 6-2-0 in '10
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              Just for Mookie --

BU Hockey: 6-2-0 in '10
              how about a pix of your neighbors when you post that, ok?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Colby Cohen was named Hockey East Player of the Month.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...002/feb2mh.php

Interestingly, he only had 2 games last month without recording a point. Those were the two games we lost. The brain farts have mildly dialed down, and the offense is cranked up.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  how about a pix of your neighbors when you post that, ok?
                  All right, fine, I give in. This is Jane. She lives across the hall.

*****http://i703.***********.com/albums/ww31/DSPHK/9551.jpg******
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                    obviously it depends on what other teams are doing, and i'm no good at maths to 'crunch the numbers,' but as far as a general speculation goes, whereas winning out would leave us at 20-11-3 (more than good enough for an at-large bid, no?) i would guess based on history that a 17-14-3 record, with maybe even room for a tie or two (16-13-5ish), give us 2 more wins for a trip to the garden and that would put us at least closeto the mix. that isnt entirely unreasonable. if anyone can estimate more matter-of-factly what kind of record is going to be the cutoff for 14th in PWR by some math, i'd be curious.
                    Last edited by Terrierist; 02-03-2010, 12:34 AM.
                    lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
                      obviously it depends on what other teams are doing, and i'm no good at maths to 'crunch the numbers,' but as far as a general speculation goes, whereas winning out would leave us at 20-11-3 (more than good enough for an at-large bid, no?) i would guess based on history that a 17-14-3 record, with maybe even room for a tie or two (16-13-5ish), give us 2 more wins for a trip to the garden and that would put us at least closeto the mix. that isnt entirely unreasonable. if anyone can estimate more matter-of-factly what kind of record is going to be the cutoff for 14th in PWR by some math, i'd be curious.
                      too hard to estimate even, it's based so much on rpi which accounts for opponents win pct. and opp.'s opp. win % that it's way too hard to compute. 20-11-3 would absolutely get us in, i can't see how it wouldn't, but that's not at all a reasonable thought to consier. at this point, we should be concerned with fighting for home ice and trying to make the most of the postseason.
                      time to write new history

Comment

Random BU hockey content for a Wednesday.

I got bored with the Grammy's pretty quickly Sunday night, so I flipped over to the SNL sports special on NBC. They showed a skit from the late 90's with Ray Ramano as a new ESPN anchor with Tim Meadows as Stuart Scott. Lame sketch. But, when they did NHL highlights, they couldn't get the rights from the NHL, so they showed college highlights! The 1st one was Michigan beating, what looked like Colorado College (Not the '96 championship game because Michigan was in white.) and then North Dakota beating BU in the championship game in 1997. Wacky.

BU Hockey: Sketch Comedy
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I got bored with the Grammy's pretty quickly Sunday night, so I flipped over to the SNL sports special on NBC. They showed a skit from the late 90's with Ray Ramano as a new ESPN anchor with Tim Meadows as Stuart Scott. Lame sketch. But, when they did NHL highlights, they couldn't get the rights from the NHL, so they showed college highlights! The 1st one was Michigan beating, what looked like Colorado College (Not the '96 championship game because Michigan was in white.) and then North Dakota beating BU in the championship game in 1997. Wacky.

Sweet sassy molassy!
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

SNL is a shell of it's former self. I think they've had one skectch that's been funny in the last 5 years and ironically, I saw it while in a hotel room last year for the UVM game.
                            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

That's pretty funny. I must have seen and quoted that sketch a hundred times when I was a kid, but long before I was a college hockey fan. I'll have to find a video of it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                                That's pretty funny. I must have seen and quoted that sketch a hundred times when I was a kid, but long before I was a college hockey fan. I'll have to find a video of it somewhere.
                                http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=25029

Look no further!

Comment

Working...
                                X