UMass at Boston University 1/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass at Boston University 1/29

Well the beanpot thread is already out...

This is a game that would normally be considered a trap game, not so much now.

Whats the goaltending situation for Friday/Monday?

Re: UMass at Boston University 1/29

You'll see Paul Dainton in net for UMass, unless something wild comes up.

UMass is playing better than the last time these two teams met, but I'm not particularly upbeat about the outcome. For much of the year the UMass PP was a difference maker, and given BU's prospensity for ending up in the box, this would seem to bode well for the Minutemen. However, the UMass PP is 2 for their last 23. Hopefully that changes.
    It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

I've decided I should approach all remaining BU games this year with the expectation of a loss. Then I can possibly be pleasantly surpised if they win. I was getting too frustrated looking at it in the other direction.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

We'll know for sure tomorrow, but I feel very safe in saying Millan will start Friday, and I'd venture a guess he'll start Monday as well. Parker seemed much more satisfied with the way KM played this weekend than Rollie.

Again, we'll find out for sure tomorrow at Beanpot luncheon.
        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Bump, less than 30 hours til the puck drops

Comment

Any news on who gets the start, etc?

Photography

Comment

The lack of chatter in this thread is upsetting. This is an important league game. We need to focus on this game tonight and not think about what the near future holds. I'm.........concerned. I know everyone can talk about not focusing on Monday till after tonight's game, but will it actually happen??? Hope so!! The Terriers need these two league points tonight.

I think we see Millan tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                The lack of chatter in this thread is upsetting. This is an important league game. We need to focus on this game tonight and not think about what the near future holds. I'm.........concerned. I know everyone can talk about not focusing on Monday till after tonight's game, but will it actually happen??? Hope so!! The Terriers need these two league points tonight.

I think we see Millan tonight.
                Agreed. This is a crucial game for BU. Must take 2 points. Finishing with a W and a 5-2 record in January would renew some of the hope lost following Saturday's abysmal performance.

The Freep confirmed that Millan will start tonight.

Comment

I don't think the lack of chatter reflects a lack of concern - more that everyone knows that these two points are necessary, and that the team is in big trouble if they look past this game. There's nothing to discuss about it. It's a must-win, period.

I do think that there is a lack of chatter in part because there don't appear to be any UMass fans who care about this game. Where are they in this thread?

Photography

Comment

I think the lack of chatter is caused by this game being at Agganis. The only thing BU fans ever seem to want to talk about concerning these two programs is how they are treated at the Mullins Center.

There. I mentioned BU fans and their treatment at the Mullins Center. If that doesn't get this thread going, nothing will.
                    #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                      I don't think the lack of chatter reflects a lack of concern - more that everyone knows that these two points are necessary, and that the team is in big trouble if they look past this game. There's nothing to discuss about it. It's a must-win, period.

I do think that there is a lack of chatter in part because there don't appear to be any UMass fans who care about this game. Where are they in this thread?
                      No, no, no. I'm upset because we need more chatter about a regular season game!!! It's al about me me me!!! Haven't you realized that by now? Sheesh. Get with the program!!! The lack of chatter doesn't reflect a lack of concern. It's just that we're usually much more chatty about games. And who gives a rat's behind about the UMass fans and where they are?? They will probably just swear anyway. [/gauntlet]

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                        I think the lack of chatter is caused by this game being at Agganis. The only thing BU fans ever seem to want to talk about concerning these two programs is how they are treated at the Mullins Center.

There. I mentioned BU fans and their treatment at the Mullins Center. If that doesn't get this thread going, nothing will.
                        Hee! Excellent job!

Are any of you potty-mouthed hooligans making the trek to the Big City???

Comment

Hee! Excellent job!

winger made it to Chicago. Is that what you meant?
                          I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

No, no, no. I'm upset because we need more chatter about a regular season game!!! It's al about me me me!!! Haven't you realized that by now? Sheesh. Get with the program!!! The lack of chatter doesn't reflect a lack of concern. It's just that we're usually much more chatty about games. And who gives a rat's behind about the UMass fans and where they are?? They will probably just swear anyway. [/gauntlet]
                            Of course, how could I have forgotten?

I personally would really like to see the upperclassmen and captains put their sticks where their mouths are. All of the interviews about stepping up and knowing that they need to be better captains is great, but they need to play like leaders, too. Truly great captains can put their entire team on their back and swing a game - let's see it!

Oh, and unrelated, but at the place where I play now, Shattenkirk is pretty much viewed as a god. Kinda bizarre.

Photography

Comment

Hee! Excellent job!

I sure hope so. I'd hate to be sitting all by myself with a bunch of BU people.
                              #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                              X