X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Correct.
    Gee wiz, there isn't even any hate here! No trash talking. What has this world come to?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Gee wiz, there isn't even any hate here! No trash talking. What has this world come to?
      A Minnesota Vikings loss will do it you especially when they should have won it.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        A Minnesota Vikings loss will do it you especially when they should have won it.
        That...and the fact that they got swept by SCSU one week after we were really feeling good about ourselves taking three points from UND. I believe the fight has been zapped out of us.
        Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

I once advised a young lad as to what to do with my prediction for a MN series. "Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a f*!" He took my advice. And I was correct. And here is what he did with my advice at the time, and I strongly advise you to listen:

*****http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs002.snc3/10933_1187629083955_1025148831_30521784_7501029_n. jpg******
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
            If being ranked in the top 5 in the polls and in the PWR is depressing, what would be "happy"? Top ranked and a #1 seed in St. Paul?
            It's cute how high you are on your team when they haven't accomplished a * thing.

The depression will likely hit you sometime in March. You'll know when it happens.

Comment

The Gopher fans have left the building. Bandwagon is empty. They only come around when their team is winning, which hasn't been much the last few years. Too bad, so sad. They live in the past, hanging on to past success, denying the present. I love it.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

I hate everything about Rodentsota. There should just be a wall built between WI and MN, the Mississippi should be mined. There should be a toll for anyone with rodentsota plates coming into WI of $1000.00. They should be required to have $1000.00 worth of legal products they bought while they were in the fine state of WI or spend 10 yrs in prison when they leave. Hopefully this helps. You didn't say who should hate who....

Let's go SEAWOLVES!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I hate everything about Rodentsota. There should just be a wall built between WI and MN, the Mississippi should be mined. There should be a toll for anyone with rodentsota plates coming into WI of $1000.00. They should be required to have $1000.00 worth of legal products they bought while they were in the fine state of WI or spend 10 yrs in prison when they leave. Hopefully this helps. You didn't say who should hate who....

Let's go SEAWOLVES!
                  You'd really charge all your cheese Packer bretheren $1000.00 every time they went home to pick up some more paint thinner? The only Minnesotans who find it worthwhile going into Wisconsin are the ones who left your state for a better state.
                  Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Let's go SEAWOLVES!
                    True. LOL
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                      It's cute how high you are on your team when they haven't accomplished a * thing.
                      We've won 8 straight and swept the Gophers, oh wait, you're right, that's not much of an accomplishment at all.

The depression will likely hit you sometime in March. You'll know when it happens.
                      If so, then I'll take what I can get now. Being a JBSU fan does have its perks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        I've stated it a couple dozen times, and I'll state it again: too many "stars" is not what is plaguing this team. There isn't evidence of selfish play; and lack of effort, at least from my perspective, hasn't been an issue.

The biggest problems that I see are inability to execute, inability to adhere to/play with/be prepared with any sort of system or systems, and lack of any sort of team identity.

All of these things, when occurring intermittently either game-by-game or season-by-season, would be an indictment of the players on the roster. But the situation has become chronic and as such points to a more systemic problem. That doesn't exempt the players from any sort of responsibility; it is simply to say the issues appear to be at least partially attributable to the coaching staff.
                        I agree with your first sentence, but not your second. While it hasn't been as much of a problem lately, there were several instances in the first half the season where lack of effort, for most, or a part of the game was an issue. Lots of standing around watching and waiting to react to the other team. I think some of this was related to lack of confidence. It is this lack of consistency in play that is usually the problem. They have put together some pretty good stretches where they carry the play, and generate chances, sometimes even with a guy in front of the net. (They still miss the net too much in those situations though.) They seem to know what they need to do in those situations. But then they'll have a stretch of standing flat-footed, coughing up a good opportunity for the other team. And while this is slightly different from what you said, I think either way, both the coaches and the players have to share in the responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                          The only Minnesotans who find it worthwhile going into Wisconsin are the ones who left your state for a better state.
                          Not exactly true. I've never lived there but I've driven through WI on my way to Michigan on a few occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            I agree with your first sentence, but not your second. While it hasn't been as much of a problem lately, there were several instances in the first half the season where lack of effort, for most, or a part of the game was an issue. Lots of standing around watching and waiting to react to the other team. I think some of this was related to lack of confidence. It is this lack of consistency in play that is usually the problem. They have put together some pretty good stretches where they carry the play, and generate chances, sometimes even with a guy in front of the net. (They still miss the net too much in those situations though.) They seem to know what they need to do in those situations. But then they'll have a stretch of standing flat-footed, coughing up a good opportunity for the other team. And while this is slightly different from what you said, I think either way, both the coaches and the players have to share in the responsibility.
                            I'm not sure I have seen standing around, but I agree there have been too many instances of moving either their feet or the puck a little too slowly, and of waiting and reacting. For me, that seems to stem from not knowing what they are supposed to be doing or having a clear objective in the direction of their play. And that's coaching. If effort were an issue it would be apparent in forecheck and backcheck, and in grinding along the sidewalls, in the corners, and in front of either net. That hasn't been the case.

Comment

Let's go SEAWOLVES!
                              I'm all for building a wall. Keep them dam Cheeseheads out of my fine state.

And let's give Alaska to Canada. They don't really belong here anyways.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I hate everything about Rodentsota. There should just be a wall built between WI and MN,
                                For hating Minnesota so much, you seem to have no issue with echoing a Minnesotan's idea almost verbatim. Interesting.

I'll go ahead and throw in some trash talk:

Gophers suck. Hard.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X