Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

Originally posted by dude View Post
    How long before tDon starts to feel some pressure about the status of his job? IMHO I think that he gets less out of his talent than other coaches. I know the Gophs have had some injuries this year, but you think with all the blue chippers they get they should just replace one guy for another and the machine rolls on. I just haven't seen that happening lately.
    It's been discussed amongst many Gopher fans since about 3 weeks into the season.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      It's been discussed amongst many Gopher fans since about 3 weeks into the season.
      From the little I have read about the situation, it sounds like the University can't afford to buy out his contract. How many years does he have left on it?

Gee, if he were to leave, I wonder where that would leave coat-tails Hill?
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
        I'm sorry, as depressed as I was today, and as heartbreaking as that INT was, I laughed out loud listening to Paul Allen: "But why do you even ponder passing? I mean << YOU CAN TAKE A KNEE, AND TRY A 56 YARD FIELD GOAL. THIS IS NOT DETROIT MAN THIS IS THE SUPERBOWL!"

As for the series, I'll predict a split. I see nothing out of us to get a sweep and enough talent out of AA for a split. In fact, if we're not careful, we could easily get swept.
        And a couple Detroit fans go, "huh?".

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          From the little I have read about the situation, it sounds like the University can't afford to buy out his contract. How many years does he have left on it?

Gee, if he were to leave, I wonder where that would leave coat-tails Hill?
          1 year left after this year.

Here's the rumblings in a nutshell:

1. Wherever Hill or tDon go, the other goes (I think we all agree on that one)
          2. tDon will stay on as coach
          3. tDon will resign (maybe under pressure but the official spin will be because tDon2 graduates this year)
          4. tDon will get fired, and Blais will use his supersecretspecial out-clause to coach MN
          5. MN tries to get one of the Serratore bros or Blasi.

Frankly, out of all these scenarios (some of them of them ridiculous), I think #2 is the option that will happen, at least until the contract is officially done. After that? Then I could see the Blasi (or someone similar not named Serratore) situation.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
            It's gotta suck to be a gopher fan.
            It does indeed this season. Can you council us on it, please? We're just not used to, but if anyone knows about sucking, it's a JBSU fan. Just don't go telling us to start performing enemas on strange men like you prefer to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              It's gotta suck to be a gopher fan.
              They won the WCHA regular season and postseason titles just three years ago and were an OT goal away from advancing to the frozen four. When was the last time SCSU did any of those things, let alone all of them in the same season?

The bottom line is no matter how poor a season MN is having, it'll never ever be as painful or depressing to be a Gopher fan as it is to be a follower of that team in Stearns county.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                The bottom line is no matter how poor a season MN is having, it'll never ever be as painful or depressing to be a Gopher fan as it is to be a follower of that team in Stearns county.
                QFT
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Are these games going to be on FSN this weekend?
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    No.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post

There is a link to UAA's webcast on the 1st page and they will have the games on for free from what it sounds like.
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        1 year left after this year.

Here's the rumblings in a nutshell:

1. Wherever Hill or tDon go, the other goes (I think we all agree on that one)
                        2. tDon will stay on as coach
                        3. tDon will resign (maybe under pressure but the official spin will be because tDon2 graduates this year)
                        4. tDon will get fired, and Blais will use his supersecretspecial out-clause to coach MN
                        5. MN tries to get one of the Serratore bros or Blasi.

Frankly, out of all these scenarios (some of them of them ridiculous), I think #2 is the option that will happen, at least until the contract is officially done. After that? Then I could see the Blasi (or someone similar not named Serratore) situation.
                        With Lucia's past successes, it makes me wonder if this is tied to his health?

Sometimes recruiting all those blue chippers may cause more problems than it solves. Too many "chiefs" on the team?
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sometimes recruiting all those blue chippers may cause more problems than it solves. Too many "chiefs" on the team?
                          It seems lately some of the "blue chippers" haven't panned out like they were suppose to coming into college and the ones that do leave too early.
                          sigpic

Comment

With Lucia's past successes, it makes me wonder if this is tied to his health?

I've stated it a couple dozen times, and I'll state it again: too many "stars" is not what is plaguing this team. There isn't evidence of selfish play; and lack of effort, at least from my perspective, hasn't been an issue.

The biggest problems that I see are inability to execute, inability to adhere to/play with/be prepared with any sort of system or systems, and lack of any sort of team identity.

All of these things, when occurring intermittently either game-by-game or season-by-season, would be an indictment of the players on the roster. But the situation has become chronic and as such points to a more systemic problem. That doesn't exempt the players from any sort of responsibility; it is simply to say the issues appear to be at least partially attributable to the coaching staff.
                            Last edited by Stauber1; 01-26-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

If being ranked in the top 5 in the polls and in the PWR is depressing, what would be "happy"? Top ranked and a #1 seed in St. Paul? Gophers split.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                I've stated it a couple dozen times, and I'll state it again: too many "stars" is not what is plaguing this team. There isn't evidence of selfish play; and lack of effort, at least from my perspective, hasn't been an issue.

The biggest problems that I see are inability to execute, inability to adhere to/play with/be prepared with any sort of system or systems, and lack of any sort of team identity.

All of these things, when occurring intermittently either game-by-game or season-by-season, would be an indictment of the players on the roster. But the situation has become chronic and as such points to a more systemic problem. That doesn't exempt the players from any sort of responsibility; it is simply to say the issues appear to be at least partially attributable to the coaching staff.
                                Correct.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X