• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Part II

No flashy title this time...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Part II

MarkEagle is the man for the FCS-P heads up.

Flipping between Rangers-Habs and QU-Niagra. Yes please!

Comment

Yup, that sucked.

1-9-2

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
        MarkEagle is the man for the FCS-P heads up.
        Nah, I'll take the assist. Wonger gets the goal.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

I'll definitely take a tie over a loss any day.
          Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Yup, that sucked.
            Well, we didn't lose! Except for two absolutely horrible softies, we were the better team tonight. Hopefully they can build off the good things they did tonight.

We still couldn't buy a goal but I thought we had better quality chances tonight. Wong got the headlines but the best guy offensively tonight was Goodman. His passes were things of beauty. The D stepped up their game and except for the giveaway for Niagara's 2nd goal I thought they were vastly improved over last night.

I too will take the tie over another loss.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

I guess I'm looking at it from the standpoint that we went into the third period at home against a team we have the quality to beat with a two goal lead and end up tying.

It's a tie but I'm struggling to take too much solace in that fact that we didn't lose.

Comment

btw- Thanks Wong. Was great to watch a full game of the team on the TV instead of a comp screen.

And to beat a dead horse. Saw a few CH games in HD today. Buddy at the game tonight said the cameras were HD, can't confirm since I don't get that network in HD.

Comment

It's a tie but I'm struggling to take too much solace in that fact that we didn't lose.
                  Giving up the lead was painful, but they didn't give up. That showed me something positive. Being as deep as we are in this slump, we've got to focus on the positives.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

not a win but i'll take it. I'll even forgot about the fact that we gave up a 2 goal lead.

Can't believe how well the Niagara goalie played. Lots of saves and not all easy. In the 3rd he stopped a one timer that saved the game for Niagara in my opinion.

Pleasantly surprised to see McGann dressed but the poor guy couldn't catch a break as he got cut buy a puck that came into the bench. Also surprised to see Clarke start for that matter.

Comment

New Thread and now a new season!

60 shots last night...not sure we have seen that many in a weekend series ever before.

Was able to get the game on DirecTV (623)

http://www.youtube.com/quinnipiacathletics

On to Hanover for two points

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
                        New Thread and now a new season!

60 shots last night...not sure we have seen that many in a weekend series ever before.

Was able to get the game on DirecTV (623)

http://www.youtube.com/quinnipiacathletics

On to Hanover for two points
                        You're right Fred, the new thread is just the thing to get the team turned around. You put nearly 110 shots on goal in two games and only come away with one meaningless point, something has got to give. The offense is hot but like the past two weekends ran into some scorching hot goaltending. I am not worried in the least bit. I know that may sound strange given our recent abysmal record, but we have played really well...aside from the two extremely soft goals early in the third, Clarke stood strong on some tough attempts.

The only negative I'm seeing out of the offense is the relentless stuff shots. The stuff shot only works if it is used sparingly, when Lampe alone tries 10 stuff shots a game the goalie knows his main objective is to close off the post. I'll say it again, they need to use their point men more efficiently. Greg Holt has a magnificent way of threading a wrister through some bodies from the point, which is why I'm sure Rand keeps him on as a fourth forward on the PP. Continue this and use the stuff shot and the hard angle shots (like Wong's second goal) with less frequency, they are more effective this way.

But after 50 and 58 shots, I'm really not gonna complain anymore. We will rebound and look at it this way...I'd rather the losses and tie come from SCSU and Niagara than a league game where it would affect us in the standings.

Go Q! We're still holdin on!

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                          You're right Fred, the new thread is just the thing to get the team turned around.
                          That's why you keep me around here...

You put nearly 110 shots on goal in two games and only come away with one meaningless point, something has got to give. The offense is hot but like the past two weekends ran into some scorching hot goaltending.
                          I was able to watch most of the 2nd, 3rd and OT as the game was replayed on FCS-P early this morning. First off, I realize it was a Niagara broadcast, but that color guy was such a homer it wasn't even funny.

Anyway, watching the replay it was easy to see that while we were getting the shots, better than half of them weren't "quality". Too close, too much traffic, down when they needed to be up and vice versa, etc. Just outright poor puck luck. As for the Niagara goalies, I wouldn't say they were hot, but they did make the saves they needed to. Noonan got a lot of help on the other side of that luck equation.

I am not worried in the least bit. I know that may sound strange given our recent abysmal record, but we have played really well...
                          We're definitely playing better now than at the start of this slide. We seem to be regaining some of our confidence.

aside from the two extremely soft goals early in the third, Clarke stood strong on some tough attempts.
                          Seeing the game on replay I have to Clarke some benefit of the doubt. The first goal was a rising shot that deflected off someones hip and drastically changed direction. The third goal was low but hit off a skate to get redirected up and in. The second goal off the turnover was just about point blank and unmolested. I'm going to say that Clarke did the best he could, which doesn't mean he shouldn't have stolen at least one of them. Again, as case of some bad luck.

I'll say it again, they need to use their point men more efficiently. Greg Holt has a magnificent way of threading a wrister through some bodies from the point, which is why I'm sure Rand keeps him on as a fourth forward on the PP. Continue this and use the stuff shot and the hard angle shots (like Wong's second goal) with less frequency, they are more effective this way.
                          The stuff in close is definitely not working and is probably what's causing them to press. All those shots and action in close seemed to come with 4 or 5 dark jerseys at the ready. Whenever we crashed the net, they did as well. Too many bodies to shoot through. Moving the puck out to get the D moving would open things up and create some better chances.

The fact that we didn't fold up our tent after giving up the lead was what impressed me the most last night. We had several opportunities at the end of the 3rd because they guys continued to skate hard. That continued in OT, but in the end Lady Luck wasn't kind again.

The tie wasn't a moral victory, but provided a bunch of things to build on going into the final stretch of the season.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of shots.

Go get em in D/H, Q!

Comment

After watching last nights telecast I have to agree that the Niagara announcers are very homerish. But watching their intermission programming, I have to say, it'd be great if Quinnipiac could start something like that. With the incredible media department we have, wouldn't it be great to have a QUTV available for people in the area? I know that that have channel 30 on campus, but maybe an all sports all the time Quinnipiac network which could air games in all sports not just hockey or basketball.

Comment

Working...
                              X