This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Tough ending to the game tonight...I think we battled hard but gave H too many chances in the 3rd period.

Merth's drop pass to no one behind our net with about 2:30 to play led to a turnover and faceoffs, possession leading to a goal. And then we iced the puck when H had their goalie pulled which negated our chance to ice the game. Hard fought game, D'Amigo got mugged again tonight, including a hit from behind that should have been a 5 Minute major...it was no different then the call Bergin got tossed for at Q...same old inconsistent ECAC zebras...lucky for us Jerry wasn't seriously hurt.

Two recruits at the game tonight -- let the guessing begin. One kid was seriously tall - my guess is better than 6'4" - short dark hair. The other kid had blonder hair about 5'9-10. I saw them again after the game behind Sect. 1 looking at the blow up of the RPI schedule. Not sure is they were traveling together...I think maybe as I only saw one adult with them. One of you computer geniuses can run a scanning program looking for Jr. players over 6'3" should be able to narrow it down for us...
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-23-2010, 06:32 PM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Tough ending to the game tonight...I think we battled hard but gave H too many chances in the 3rd period.

Merth's drop pass to no one behind our net with about 2:30 to play led to a turnover and faceoffs, possession leading to a goal. And then we iced the puck when H had their goalie pulled which negated our chance to ice the game. Hard fought game, D'Amigo got mugged again tonight, including a hit from behind that should have been a 5 Minute major...it was no different then the call Bergin got tossed for at Q...same old inconsistent ECAC zebras...lucky for us Jerry wasn't seriously hurt.

Two recruits at the game tonight -- let the guessing begin. One kid was seriously tall - my guess is better than 6'4" - short dark hair. The other kid had blonder hair about 5'9-10. I saw them again after the game behind Sect. 1 looking at the blow up of the RPI schedule. Not sure is they were traveling together...I think maybe as I only saw one adult with them. One of you computer geniuses can run a scanning program looking for Jr. players over 6'3" should be able to narrow it down for us...
      1) We have got to learn how to close out games. We have let 3rd period leads slip away several times this year and it will cost us in the standings.
      2) Wish you had a camera with you for the recruits. A picture would have helped search for these fellows. Of course I like the size of the second boy
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMZepMUD3jA

Press conference post-game.

Comment

Merth's drop pass to no one behind our net
          Merth was one of the most ineffective players on the ice this weekend. He was the slow guy in every puck race last night, and tonight, while hustling a little better, his decision-making was poor at best. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him benched for a game, as I wonder if he's helping or hurting more the way he's playing right now.
          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
            Merth was one of the most ineffective players on the ice this weekend. He was the slow guy in every puck race last night, and tonight, while hustling a little better, his decision-making was poor at best. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him benched for a game, as I wonder if he's helping or hurting more the way he's playing right now.
            Coach called out that a certain defensemen didn't do very well decision-wise on the 3rd goal... there were 2 defensemen out there, and I would put money down it wasn't Bergin; I can't remember who was where, I'd have to look at a replay, if TWCS decides to replay the game (which they probably won't, at least in this market; the Albany games don't go on demand here; only Colgate).

Coach showed two years ago he has no shame in benching a captain after Ornelas wasn't up to snuff after the Colgate game in Hamilton. Does this mean we may see Zarbo play against Brown? Coach did mention that he wants Brutlag to stay forward...

Comment

From what your coach said on the post game YouTube clip, I'm guessing that this guy will soon be seeing a lot of pine. If this is the player he was referring to as not having followed through on his instructions during the timeout.

As much as you guys are grousing about the tie, realize that Harvard went through a miserable stretch of games where we were routinely coughing up leads in the third period as well. We blew games in every imaginable way possible. This recent stretch has seen somewhat of a reversal and we've had some long overdue luck finally come our way. The fact that it came at your expense has more to do with playing us at this particular time rather than earlier in the year. Timing is everything.

Comment

Half of me hates being that critical, but that was a needless turnover in a crucial situation...uggh. Oh well, I'm already over it...and will focus on next weekend. Now we have to figure out who the recruits were.
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-23-2010, 08:48 PM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  ... 2) Wish you had a camera with you for the recruits. A picture would have helped search for these fellows. Of course I like the size of the second boy
                  You laugh Doc, but more than once I've thought about investing in a serious tele lens for my camera..just so I could zoom on anonymous HFH visitors..
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-23-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

No we have to figure out who the recruits were.
                    Could one of them been Nick Quinn? I see he isnt playing in tonights Orangeville game. The blonder haired kid you saw kinda fits the description of Eric Ming from Cornwall, light schedule in the CJHL tonight could be anybody.....

Comment

You laugh Doc, but more than once I've thought about investing in a serious tele lens for my camera..just so I could zoom on anonymous HFH visitors..
                      You could use it to peep into windows also Seriously-just watched the post game press conference-SA is a cool customer but you could just see the steam coming out of his ears. He is one unhappy hombre right now. He figured he had 4 points this weekend and did not like settling for less one bit. This is going to be one tough week of practice for the team.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMZepMUD3jA

Press conference post-game.
                        Worth a watch. Coach knows Red has potential for even more... is holding out for more from the team in maturity and focus in key situations. When asked if he's satisfied with three of four points this weekend, he blurts out 'no' almost before the question is finished.

Two very clear quotes on consecutive Saturdays... you know where you stand. Good news.
                        Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                          Could one of them been Nick Quinn? I see he isnt playing in tonights Orangeville game. The blonder haired kid you saw kinda fits the description of Eric Ming from Cornwall, light schedule in the CJHL tonight could be anybody.....
                          No I know it wasn't Quinn as I saw him in person out at Niagara, he was there with his dad. This kid was a lot taller than Quinn. I haven't seen a pic of Ming...don't think the Cornwall site has player pics?

Comment

I just got back from the game and was going to post, but I watched Appert's press conference and he said everything that I was going to say.
                            Very disappoiting to give a point that late, but we played hard for most of the game, and Harvard gave us the first two goals.
                            I did not like the power play at the end of the game, the team looked awful. No one wanted the puck, and nothing happened.
                            I like the fact that we are not happy with a three point weekend.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Just found a pic of Ming. It was definitely him at HFH tonight...2nd kid from the left - back row.

http://www.endeavoursportsgroup.com/...aspx?NewsID=50

One kid down, one to go.
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-23-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I like the fact that we are not happy with a three point weekend.
                                You tell any of us that in the past couple years, and we probably would have slapped your wrist. I think what I like is that we're setting our standards much higher as to the team we can be. Last year we probably would have celebrated 3 points like Union celebrates after beating us in ONE game. Accountability is a good thing, it shows our maturity, and that we're going to be great in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                                X