This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Congrats to CP for being names ECAC POTW. Query: Can he win the Hobey without RPI making noise in the post-season?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      Congrats to CP for being names ECAC POTW. Query: Can he win the Hobey without RPI making noise in the post-season?
      Answer: No.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

In the rankings, RPI has 7 votes, which surprises me a little given we went .500 this week. Perhaps the hat trick saved us a little?

Comment

He'll need to finish this season real strong. The team will probably need to get to Albany though for him to have any shot at it. If by some chance he scores 30+ goals and leads the country-it would make a strong case.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            He'll need to finish this season real strong. The team will probably need to get to Albany though for him to have any shot at it. If by some chance he scores 30+ goals and leads the country-it would make a strong case.
            The team has to win the ECAC title for him to have a chance. There are players on better teams with less numbers than Polacek that have all of the attention - I'm thinking Rakhshani of Denver and Geoffrion of Wisconsin. Polacek plays for freakin' RPI. That's a strike against him.

Just look at Eric Ehn a few years ago. He should have been the shoo-in, but, oh, too bad, he played for Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              True, It even always seems like the Hobey Baker winner's team is playing at the Frozen 4, so I guess we just have to get to Detroit for the 25 year anniversary, and so Chase can accept the award.

Comment

Doubtful
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  The team has to win the ECAC title for him to have a chance. There are players on better teams with less numbers than Polacek that have all of the attention - I'm thinking Rakhshani of Denver and Geoffrion of Wisconsin. Polacek plays for freakin' RPI. That's a strike against him.

Just look at Eric Ehn a few years ago. He should have been the shoo-in, but, oh, too bad, he played for Air Force.
                  Unfortunately that probably is the case. I just felt if we got to Albany and lost he might have had enough games to pile up some stats. But as you indicate, he may be just playing for the wrong team to ge the notice nationally.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Heh. I got some negative rep from a UND fan who is losing his grip on reality over my assertion that Eric Ehn should have won the Hobey Baker over a guy who wasn't even the best player on his line, let alone his team, his conference, or the nation.

Let's be real. It's an honor for Chase to be so heavily mentioned as a Hobey Baker nominee. He's probably going to be a shoo-in for the Top 10. But unless RPI wins the ECAC and goes to the national tournament (with Chase continuing to play a major role in the team's success), there's no way he'll win it short of opening a wide gap in his national scoring lead.

Comment

What Chase is really doing here is just kinda putting his name out there for next seasons Hobey Baker Award..Oh wait thats college football where the best players are force fed down your throat at week 1 not giving anyone who might have a good season a chance at winning the award.

But in reality, if Chase cracks top 10 of the Hobey List this year and then comes back next year with an even bigger season and the Engineers make some noise nationally I dont see why he wouldnt have a shot at winning the award. Who knows maybe next season RPI will have more than 1 horse in the race. However the only looking ahead Im going to do for now is at Friday and Quinnipiac in what will be an important game in the standings.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

When does the actual Hobey voting taking place? It's obviously before FF, but is it before the start of the NCAA tourney?

I agree that CP is under a handicap. Remember that Oates didn't win it either, and he was more deserving that Watson who was an average UMD player in the RPI-UMD game. (Granted that was one game.)
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I agree that CP is under a handicap. Remember that Oates didn't win it either, and he was more deserving that Watson who was an average UMD player in the RPI-UMD game. (Granted that was one game.)
                          George Servinis and Mike Sadeghpour told us that Pierre Langevin took care of that little discrepancy in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            George Servinis and Mike Sadeghpour told us that Pierre Langevin took care of that little discrepancy in Detroit.
                            I heard that too. I am going to have to watch the beginning of that game again because I don't recall it.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I heard that too. I am going to have to watch the beginning of that game again because I don't recall it.
                              Langevin's hit on Watson happened right in front of the benches, which are side by side in JLA. Watson was not a factor after that.

Comment

they also mentioned that Pierre offered up some trash talk to Watson, and it was the first and last time they heard him say more than one sentence at a time...
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X