X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    It might take that long to get an LCD scoreboard installed.
    I read in the paper today that the TUC is getting a brand new LCD scoreboard Maybe RPI can buy the scoreboard thats in there now at a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      I read in the paper today that the TUC is getting a brand new LCD scoreboard Maybe RPI can buy the scoreboard thats in there now at a discount.
      T/U website is saying that a deal with a new AHL team is imminent. My guess is either the Sound Tigers or the Wolf Pack...we'll see.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

T/U website is saying that a deal with a new AHL team is imminent. My guess is either the Sound Tigers or the Wolf Pack...we'll see.
        http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/ar...944/#more-3944

Meanwhile, the GM said one enticement for a potential new team is the seven-figure upgrade planned for the arena, which includes a new LCD scoreboard, ribbon advertising running the length of each side of the rink and new atrium lighting for the front of Times Union Center.
        I hope they can work something out, thats some pretty substantial upgrades to an arena that might just house college basketball next year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          That one would hang about 10 feet off the ice.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Somebody better have a word with our punter.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I havent been inside the TUC since the ECAC championship game last March but looking at some photos I forgot how big it actually is, I guess it would look quite obnoxious hanging inside HFH.

Comment

All these upgrades for Siena basketball and concerts. I knew Siena boosters were wealthy but that's nuts.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  All these upgrades for Siena basketball and concerts. I knew Siena boosters were wealthy but that's nuts.
                  Sadly, I am sure Siena isn't paying a dime for the upgrades. I'd bet the money is coming from the maintenance fund that accrues from a small % of money from every ticket sold.

Comment

Sadly, I am sure Siena isn't paying a dime for the upgrades. I'd bet the money is coming from the maintenance fund that accrues from a small % of money from every ticket sold.
                    If it's a small percentage then perhaps they've been saving up for this since the arena first opened.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Did someone suggest that HFH needs better skate sharpening? Check this out:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2kdo...eature=popular
                      Ahhh! Memories of D League hockey intramurals @ HFH
                      Last edited by fr joe; 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM.
                      Here we come!

Comment

An article by Ed Weaver about SA's lineup decisions http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...7210878233.txt.

Kevin Beauregard has been practicing as a defenseman.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          An article by Ed Weaver about SA's lineup decisions http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...7210878233.txt.

Thats interesting, never thought about putting Beauregard on the blue line. He has good size, if he can learn the position he might be an asset come playoff time or even next season. Then if Curadi comes this fall we wouldnt have to recruit another Dman for 2010.

Comment

Did we find out what position Greg Burgdorfer is practicing for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

This article seems a bit strange at this point in the season and I hope isn't distracting this team. Here's my question- Why is it that we have two proven, talented point producing forwards riding the pine at this time in the season? Why aren't these players performing to their potential? Just maybe the motivational techniques used are not working-not all techniques used work for all players. If this team is going to be there in the end, I believe these coaches need to figure this out because Cullen and Helfrich- when playing their best- give the team the best chance of winning. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
                                This article seems a bit strange at this point in the season and I hope isn't distracting this team. Here's my question- Why is it that we have two proven, talented point producing forwards riding the pine at this time in the season? Why aren't these players performing to their potential? Just maybe the motivational techniques used are not working-not all techniques used work for all players. If this team is going to be there in the end, I believe these coaches need to figure this out because Cullen and Helfrich- when playing their best- give the team the best chance of winning. JMO
                                I don't know why they are not playing to their potential. Certainly, the motivational techniques haven't changed from one year to the next.
                                Maybe they are playing hurt and not telling anyone, maybe it is attitude.
                                Last year, they were two of the big three players on this team. This year, they dropped to 4 and 5 at the beginning and now they are no where.
                                It could be an ego thing.
                                I can only hope that they get over it, what ever IT is.
                                We are a much better team when they are at their best.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X