X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Originally posted by Beman View Post
    This be da new tread? What happened to return of the Seth that was so Neardy Star Warzian. It was........beautiful I will miss it. This one sounds like some Troylet made it up.

I aaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm just a teenage dirtbag baby. Jacoby La forget it. Will they wait till he is 30.

Could O'Grady be the best freshman???
    Is SA scared that Jake could mess up his Locker
    I wish the Babelfish had an option to translate whatever language this is.
    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
      I don't think "Insane" is a language.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
        Loosely translated, I think he said: " I'm not sure about the new thread title, I wish Laliberte would get here already", and " I ran out of medicine..."
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Loosely translated, I think he said: " I'm not sure about the new thread title, I wish Laliberte would get here already", and " I ran out of medicine..."

Medicine in this case may mean Jim Beam.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
            I'm sure it's on your list of 22 already, but Freakout 2005 is probably my all-time favorite. That GWG by Kirk MacDonald is one of the few moments from RPI hockey that I can picture perfectly in my mind years later.
            That was a fabulous game. However, I didn't say it because I had assumed it was already on the list, as well as Freakout 2002, aka The Death of Horn 3.

Comment

RC,

For the games of the decade, these 3 automatically jumped into my head, all for one reason or another, in no particular order of favoritisim.

1. March 8, 2003, Ben Barr's 2 short handed goals in game 2 of ECAC Quarterfinal to sweep Union in Mess of a Rink.. I didnt have a voice for 3 days after that game. I think we were the 11th seed that year.

2. February 9, 2002, Big Red Freakout vs. Clarkson, down 3-0 in the 3rd, come back with 3 in the 3rd to tie it, and Carson Butterwick wins it in OT.

3. March 16, 2002, the last year the ECAC's were in Lake Placid , trailing in the
              3rd to Clarkson in the consolation game, Matt Murley wins the game, in his LAST game with RPI, on a PPG, to beat Clarkson. What a feeling that was.

Also as mentioned earlier, Kirk MacDonald's OT winner vs Brown in the BRF rates up there as well, but, the first 3 I'll never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                That was a fabulous game. However, I didn't say it because I had assumed it was already on the list, as well as Freakout 2002, aka The Death of Horn 3.
                Both of those games were among the first that crossed my mind too. The 2002 game was especially good because it was the annual satellite broadcast and the comeback shut up all the Clarkson fans. Those broadcasts were always fund when RPI won.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here are my top 10:

3/17/2000 Colgate/RPI ECAC Semifinal at Placid - This was my first season following RPI, and this was a hell of a game. Too bad SLU had to screw everything up for us.

2/9/02 Clarkson @ RPI - Miracle Freakout - No explanation required. I was the conductor of the pep band at this game.

3/16/02 Clarkson/RPI Consy at Placid - My last game as official conductor of the pep band, and we came from behind to beat Clarkson....again.

2/8/03 Brown @ RPI Freakout - win with 7.1 seconds left...

3/8/03 RPI @ Union - The Ben Barr incident.

2/14/04 RPI @ Brown - The St Valentines Day Massacre. Yann Danis was supposed to school us. Instead, we won 4-0. "Hey Brown, it's Valentines Day, and YOU CAN'T SCORE"

2/12/05 Brown @ RPI - Freakout win w/ 8.3 seconds left in regulation.

10/21/05 RPI @ BU - RPI won 3-2 at Agganis. Not a stellar game, but it was satisfying as hell winning at BU.

11/21-22/2003 SCSU @ RPI - I missed this series but wish I had been there. RPI swept No 5 St Cloud at the Field House. I know, it's a series, not a game...but who cares, we won.

12/29/2009 RPI/Michigan GLI - I threw this in, just because I needed 10, and beating Michigan at the GLI sounds impressive. (beating Bryan Hogan is a little less impressive.)

Honorable mention:

10/29/99 RPI @ UNH - It's out of the time window....but beating UNH 6-0 at the Whitt is pretty ******* sweet.

10/12/2007 RPI @ Minnesota - Yeah, we blew a 3-0 lead and lost to the Gophers...but the two periods of silence at the XCel Energy Center will ring in my ears forever.
                  Last edited by Timmah!; 01-21-2010, 10:49 PM.
                  RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                  UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Jerry D'Amigo is quoted in an article about the US's WJC victory in the 1/25/10 issue of The Hockey News.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As far as the top 10 games thing is concerned, I would add one game and argue against another that everyone seems to be mentioning.

I would add the recent BU win (5-3 on 12/11/99). Why? Because it was a 3rd period comeback on the road after a series of tough losses. And I think it marks the beginning of our long awaited surge to the top of the standings. The play that Malchuk made to set up the tying goal (took a big hit to make a pass) was the epitome of hustle and hard work. Things have been uphill ever since.

The game that I would not put on the list, even though it ended in exciting fashion, is the Brown freakout game that Kirk M won on the dash down the wing. Up until that point that was a boring, boring game to watch between two very mediocre teams. Just an awful game to watch. I think in this year alone there were 5 games that were better (3 Union games, BU and Michigan). With 9.5 other seasons to choose from there have got to be 5 other games that were better than that snoozer.

Comment

Actually, after thinking about it, one game I think should be nominated for consideration is the Northeastern game in 05-06. I realize we gave up quite a few goals in it, but it was a defining moment both on and off the ice (mostly in the Poly).

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post

Honorable mention:

10/29/99 RPI @ UNH - It's out of the time window....but beating UNH 6-0 at the Whitt is pretty ******* sweet.
                          I know -out of the time frame-but glad you mentioned it. Jenny and I travelled to this one and saw the most incredible game by an RPI team. Tapper was just unbelievable and the crowd was just stunned!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            The game that I would not put on the list, even though it ended in exciting fashion, is the Brown freakout game that Kirk M won on the dash down the wing. Up until that point that was a boring, boring game to watch between two very mediocre teams. Just an awful game to watch.
                            You know, you're probably right. The fact that I remember only one moment from my entire first Freakout probably should have tipped me off. I barely even knew enough about hockey at that point to know what was going on, and being in the pep band for Freakout is mildly distracting from the game.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Actually, after thinking about it, one game I think should be nominated for consideration is the Northeastern game in 05-06. I realize we gave up quite a few goals in it, but it was a defining moment both on and off the ice (mostly in the Poly).
                            Yes. Good call. This game was amazing - probably one of the best comebacks I've seen, and one of the worst hoarse throats I've had the next morning. Not often you see your team win a game after being down 0-4. Remind me - what was the off-ice/Poly significance in this game?
                            RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Jerry D'Amigo is quoted in an article about the US's WJC victory in the 1/25/10 issue of The Hockey News.
                              Even better, unless someone has already said it, but Jerry D'Amigo is in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated in the Faces in the Crowd section. Just a couple tid bits about his play on team USA. (and RPI is mentioned)

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
                                Remind me - what was the off-ice/Poly significance in this game?
                                In the previous weeks, there were some arguments going back and forth in the "Letters to the Editor" portion about proper sportsmanship, some of it stemming from the game against our former travel partner. Let's just say it was one of the two times I was motivated to actually write something to be published in the Poly. After the Northeastern game, there was an ed/op from the team (probably one of the captains) thanking everyone for support.

http://poly.rpi.edu/old/index.php3?IssueID=150

This is the link to one of the first ones. Increase the IssueID by 1 to see more progress on that, 154 is where the hockey team (captains) wrote in.

Comment

Working...
                                X