X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    Ed Weaver's article in the Record about the Yale game: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...2171238057.txt
    The Madmen (with help) strike again.

“Some of the greatest fans”: Congrats to Rensselaer’s traveling fans who were at Yale’s Ingalls Rink on Saturday night.

The way they cheered when Jerry D’Amigo returned from being shaken up by a hard -- and clean -- hit by Yale’s Jeff Anderson after just few minutes, fired up the Engineers just as much as D’Amigo himself did.

To anyone listening to the game, Engineers backers made it sound as if Yale had just scored each time RPI found the net.

That’s profound.

“It was great,” Appert said of the road fan support. “I spoke at an alumni function of about 150 and it seemed like there were at least 300 at the game. That’s part of what makes playing at and coaching at RPI so special. Our fans can take over a (an opposing) rink. We have some of the best fans in college hockey.”

“They were great,” Kennedy said of the RPI fans. “There were a lot of alumni there whom we don’t usually see at Houston Field House who were able to make it there. We kind of felt like we were still at the Field House. We had a little RPI corner there.”
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      The Madmen (with help) strike again.
      I know that I felt like it was an RPI home game. We made a lot of noise.
      Now, did the noise affect the play or did the play affect the noise?
      Either way, it was a great game.
      Is it just me, or is Pirri's 33 points under appreciated? I guess it is just that so many points are assists that make it feel like he shouldn't have that many points to me.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        The Madmen were making noise from the opening puck drop. If the game hadn't gone the Engineers' way the noise probably wouldn't have kept up but it sorta seemed like one fed off the other.

Comment

The Madmen were making noise from the opening puck drop. If the game hadn't gone the Engineers' way the noise probably wouldn't have kept up but it sorta seemed like one fed off the other.
          I am guessing that the madmen were the group in the middle of section 11? If I had known that you were part of that group, I would have come up and said hello. I was sitting in row b just below you.
          They certainly set the tone for the rest of us engineer fans.
          Thank you
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

I am guessing that the madmen were the group in the middle of section 11? If I had known that you were part of that group, I would have come up and said hello. I was sitting in row b just below you.
            They certainly set the tone for the rest of us engineer fans.
            Thank you
            That was us.
            APBWiki

Comment

I know that I felt like it was an RPI home game. We made a lot of noise.
              Either way, it was a great game.
              Is it just me, or is Pirri's 33 points under appreciated? I guess it is just that so many points are assists that make it feel like he shouldn't have that many points to me.
              I agree he hasn't gotten the accolades that he deserves. (Then again, #21's antics have drawn a lot of deserved atttention. )

If anyone had suggested that Pirri would have a close to a 40 pt. season as freshman, I think we'd all have signed up for that! I for one hope his goal at Yale means the floodgates have opened for a serious scoring streak. If Pirri gets it going in the goal dept., our opponents are gonna be in a lot of trouble.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                If anyone had suggested that Pirri would have a close to a 40 pt. season as freshman, I think we'd all have signed up for that!
                I was hoping for it.

From Laliberte too.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chase Polacek was named ECAC Player of the Week, and Brandon Pirri was named Rookie of the Week. It's about time these guys get recognized by the ECAC

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-1..._M_Wkly_Awards

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyfan13 View Post
                    Chase Polacek was named ECAC Player of the Week, and Brandon Pirri was named Rookie of the Week. It's about time these guys get recognized by the ECAC

QFT
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpihockeyfan13 View Post

A clean sweep -- only the GotW award was for the women (Sonja van der Bliek).
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI women's hockey senior captain Allison Wright has been nominated to participate in the Frozen Four Skills Competition this April. There's an online voting component which can be found here: http://www.ncaa.com/frozenfourskillschallenge/

Also, GLM would want you to vote for Neil Musselwhite from Oswego State, so I'll throw him in here. You can vote for multiple players/goalies, broken down by region (east/west) and gender.

Go and cast your vote!
                        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          RPI women's hockey senior captain Allison Wright has been nominated to participate in the Frozen Four Skills Competition this April. There's an online voting component which can be found here: http://www.ncaa.com/frozenfourskillschallenge/

Also, GLM would want you to vote for Neil Musselwhite from Oswego State, so I'll throw him in here. You can vote for multiple players/goalies, broken down by region (east/west) and gender.

Go and cast your vote!
                          For extra bonus support of Neil Musselwhite, I'll let it be known he had a shorthanded hat trick this year. Yes, a hat trick game with all three goals coming shorthanded.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I will go further and encourage support not only for Neil Musselwhite, but also Mario Valery-Trabucco and Jason Walters. We all know they're the bomb. Let's give them an opportunity to prove it to the rest of the country.

I'm personally requesting some support for Ryan Lasch, Caitlin Hogan, and Holly Roberts on the western end.

Comment

And, this is interesting/surprising because...
                              no different than top 10 moments of a forgotten decade, eh?
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                Those of us that have been following RPI hockey for decades would never want a coach that is even part Lou Lamoriello. I still remember him engaged with Mike Addesa in a vehement argument at the end of the handshake line after we beat Providence in the early '80s. Apparently Lou wasn't happy that RPI was starting to pull in some of the studs that ultimately led to an NCAA championship and made a remark that Mike found offensive.
                                I remember that, and I also remember it came after a bad RPI team upset PC in OT...Give Lou credit, he is a very sore loser...
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X