PDA

View Full Version : The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

VarsityWisconsin
01-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Well... a tie is better than a loss. Baby steps....

Puck Swami
01-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Good hockey game. Denver got outworked for for about 75% of the game, but scored enough goals to sneak out with a point, as good teams do on the road. DU also looked dangerous in the OT, and I hope that carries over to tomorrow night.

I knew Wisconsin was going to make a run at this one because DU took the collective foot off the gas when they went up 2-0 against the run of play, and UW then exploded for three goals to take the lead.

Maiani's goal with just under two minutes was clutch to tie it. Both teams had loads of chances to blow the game open, but a 3-3 tie was the end result.

Would like to see more DU feet moving tomorrow if they expect to get more points.

ScoobyDoo
01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Well... a tie is better than a loss. Baby steps....

Doesn't somebody have to win for the MacNaughton to be awarded? I guess neither team wants it.

Puck Swami
01-22-2010, 10:09 PM
12,600 fans in the house in Madison.

Would have expected a full house with #1 against #3.:confused:

Gurtholfin
01-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Good hockey game. Denver got outworked for for about 75% of the game, but scored enough goals to sneak out with a point, as good teams do on the road. DU also looked dangerous in the OT, and I hope that carries over to tomorrow night.

I knew Wisconsin was going to make a run at this one because DU took the collective foot off the gas when they went up 2-0 against the run of play, and UW then exploded for three goals to take the lead.

Maiani's goal with just under two minutes was clutch to tie it. Both teams had loads of chances to blow the game open, but a 3-3 tie was the end result.

Would like to see more DU feet moving tomorrow if they expect to get more points.

Agree with most of your assessment.

From a UW point of view, we had horrible defensive coverage on your first two goals and gave DU a few other golden opportunities from the sweet spot. Clean that up and I think we win this game, but I give credit to Denver for taking advantage.

I hope no one complains about the two late penalties as both looked legit and UW needs to move their feet in those situations.

Was that you with the Pioneer head? Even though I was 5 sections away and up one level, I swear that he was looking straight at me. Creepy as Hell! :eek:

Overall a good game and tomorrow should be another good one. How nice also that two quality WCHA teams can play an intense game without a whole lot of bush-league cheep stuff. Lotsa penalties, but they were mostly hooking, tripping etc.

Gurtholfin
01-22-2010, 10:31 PM
12,600 fans in the house in Madison.

Would have expected a full house with #1 against #3.:confused:

It's been weird this year. Don't know if the economy is the reason, but in year's past this would have been a sellout.

Puck Swami
01-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Was that you with the Pioneer head? Even though I was 5 sections away and up one level, I swear that he was looking straight at me. Creepy as Hell! :eek:

No, that was Denver Boone, DU's unofficial mascot. Expect to see him in full DU costume tomorrow night. Bummed that they didn't show him (or any other Denver fans) on the TV broadcast.

You can read more about him here:

http://www.denverpioneers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?&PALBID=360431&DB_OEM_ID=18600&USE_FLASH=YES

I wanted to come to Madison this weekend, but work travel got in the way.

Runninwiththedogs
01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Pardon me- I'm relatively new. I was just looking about for the UW vs. DU thread for the forthcoming contest, but can't seem to locate it.
Do I just start a new one then???

You, sir/ma'am, should be poster of the millennium.

2 posts in and s/he just jumps right in. Outstanding.

Timothy A
01-23-2010, 07:15 AM
UW was VERY lucky to escape with a point considering they played so horribly in their our D zone in the ot.

I like DU's moving pp.

The wife and I will be in attendance tonght. A co-oworker did some ebay surfing, bought 5 tickets, couldn't sell the extra 2, so I got a good deal. UW is 5-0 in the last 5 games I have attended. :) I got my first Culver's free ice cream earlier this year thanks to UNH. How about DU making it 2 for 2 this year? :D

Red Till I'm Dead!
01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
UW was VERY lucky to escape with a point considering they played so horribly in their our D zone in the ot.

I like DU's moving pp.

The wife and I will be in attendance tonght. A co-oworker did some ebay surfing, bought 5 tickets, couldn't sell the extra 2, so I got a good deal. UW is 5-0 in the last 5 games I have attended. :) I got my first Culver's free ice cream earlier this year thanks to UNH. How about DU making it 2 for 2 this year? :D

Man I hope so. I haven't seen a win against DU on a Saturday night in quite a while an I have had season tickets since the kohl opened.
Work your mojo Tim, work it good, I would love to see a win

Wisko McBadgerton
01-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Clearly, Runninwiththedogs is the possessor of a Hawking-esque intellect. I am done posting forever now. Goodnight, and thank you Mrs. Phil, wherever you are.

Incidentally, with Timothy A in attendance, tonight's final:

Bucky- Nestle Caramel Crunch

Pine ears - James Baskett

WeWantMore
01-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Pretty good crowd tonight, I absolutely hated the overrated chant at the end though. How stupid was that?

GoBucky
01-23-2010, 10:11 PM
I love playing Denver. Very good team and you can have civil discussions on here with knowledgeable fans.

Good luck until we meet again.

sweatpants
01-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Pretty good crowd tonight, I absolutely hated the overrated chant at the end though. How stupid was that?

At 15,237 it was a sell-out or very near it. I mentioned this in the game thread, but the crowd was awesome tonight. They were extremely loud right from the get go. The student section singing "roll out the barrel" non-stop for 10 minutes was pretty amusing. I would imagine it would've kept on going if DU didn't score. Bennett scares the crap out of me, but came up big in the last couple minutes. The Badgers dominated play for loooong stretches in tonight's game and last night. That's good to see against a top team.

WeWantMore
01-23-2010, 10:44 PM
That assistant referee had a terrible weekend, he couldn't get out of the way of the puck, or DU players for that matter.

Red Till I'm Dead!
01-23-2010, 10:49 PM
That assistant referee had a terrible weekend, he couldn't get out of the way of the puck, or DU players for that matter.

Yea, he stopped two clearing attempts by the Badgers during DU's first power play.:mad:

One he stopped with his skate, the other off his head:D

VarsityWisconsin
01-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Yea, he stopped two clearing attempts by the Badgers during DU's first power play.:mad:

One he stopped with his skate, the other off his head:D

Was he the guy that called the 2 cheap penalties on the Badgers to start the 3rd period that got Denver back into the game? I wasn't very happy with the Zebra's tonight, but good thing it didn't cost us.

I think the Roll Out the Barrell song was sung even more than 10 times. It was getting me fired up for baseball season at Miller Park. 73 days until Opening Day!

VarsityWisconsin
01-24-2010, 12:47 AM
******** width="560" height="340">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVNdNltSXgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVNdNltSXgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

You have to wonder if the disorganization in the Badger Fan Base will have an effect on the Wisconsin hockey team this weekend.

Its a sad day for College Hockey when one of its finest fan bases is reduced to these shenanigans. If Wisconsin forms a Big Ten Hockey Conference, will Varsity Wisconsin be making the transition or will you just be leaving him with us along with Bimidji and UNO?

Bruce McLeod needs to take a look at the deleted thread and determine if suspensions should be handed out.

Failed assessment by dg.

Timothy A
01-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Work your mojo Tim, work it good, I would love to see a win

:D :D :D :D :D

I do have to admit, we left after the first period, my wife is having some issues right now and we couldn't stay, but that's the way life goes sometimes. :( Obviously, my just getting into the building was all that they needed. I have the power supreme. :cool: Maybe 60min wore her ears too.

I thought the student's while loud and boisterious, were off pace in their clapping. They were totally off pace in the Metallica intro anf on the "Let's go red" chant, the clap was too soon after the "d" in red. But what was really cool is up in the 3rd deck, your whole body vibrated during the intro part. I couldn't quite see the near boards, but the view was still awesome.

UW's 3rd and 4th lines really did some great work late in the game. Huge win, only 2 pts back of first place playing the first place team next.

PioneerPhanatic
01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Disappointing results on the ice but otherwise a fantastic weekend. I really enjoyed your city, your arena and, especially, your fans. Plenty of good-natured ribbing back and forth with knowledgable hockey fans. And you guys know how to drink. I did my best to keep up.:D