No announcement yet.

The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

I hate to bring up that we were 0-5 against Denver last year, but maybe bringing it up will help karma and give us a victory due to the law of averages. We have to be at our best this weekend, because we haven't seen a better team all year. This series should be treated like it's for the McNaughton cup otherwise we don't have much of a chance.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Never thought I'd hear badger fans described as morgue-like.
      Does this mean the cadre of DU fans making the trip will out "Sieve" the home crowd?
      They have been this year on Fridays. Things usually pick up after the holidays though and I expect a better atmosphere this weekend.

Saturday is sold out and tickets are nearly gone for tomorrow.

Should be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        I hate to bring up that we were 0-5 against Denver last year, but maybe bringing it up will help karma and give us a victory due to the law of averages. We have to be at our best this weekend, because we haven't seen a better team all year. This series should be treated like it's for the McNaughton cup otherwise we don't have much of a chance.
        As some crazy old coot once said...

There you go again.

They should treat this as what it is. 1 vs. 3 in late January with 4 coming up next weekend. The Badgers are not concerned with the McNaughton right now. They want to put together 6 solid periods of hockey in the same weekend. Until they prove that they can do this, the McNaughton is a pipe dream.

Consistently playing like a top five team is the goal and if they can figure that out, the other things will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          There you go again.
          Sounds like he really wants Wisconsin to win the MacNaughton. IMO it's just something they hand out and making it to the dance with a chance to win it is more important. Still there are many who think the MacNaughton is the Holy Grail of college hockey.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
            Exactly, which is what I thought you meant originally.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Still there are many who think the MacNaughton is the Holy Grail of college hockey.
              It's pretty **** close. I'll take it over a first round loss in the playoffs any day.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                It's pretty **** close. I'll take it over a first round loss in the playoffs any day.
                Well, yeah, but you don't know that. When you hit the NCAA's hope springs eternal. It's only after losing there that you find solace in having a different banner to hang at the start of the next year.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well, yeah, but you don't know that. When you hit the NCAA's hope springs eternal. It's only after losing there that you find solace in having a different banner to hang at the start of the next year.
                  Of course not, but what you do know before hand is that winning the cup is a major, major accomplishment, so it should be fought for tooth and nail.

Comment

Sounds like he really wants Wisconsin to win the MacNaughton. IMO it's just something they hand out and making it to the dance with a chance to win it is more important. Still there are many who think the MacNaughton is the Holy Grail of college hockey.
                    Winning the WCHA regular season is an accomplishment worthy of pride, but I'm not that excited about it. Maybe it's just because we so rarely do. I'm too lazy to look it up, but we may in fact have more National Championships than Cups and for my money, those are what matter.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. A first round loss is FAR more painful after winning a regular season title.

In 91 or 92, the Blackhawks won the President's trophy for winning the regular season and then were bounced by the North Stars in the first round. I never celebrated that President's trophy, believe me. I was up in Minneapolis for the elimination game. It SUCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Winning the WCHA regular season is an accomplishment worthy of pride, but I'm not that excited about it. Maybe it's just because we so rarely do. I'm too lazy to look it up, but we may in fact have more National Championships than Cups and for my money, those are what matter.
                        Only 3 times, which is embarrassing.

Comment

Of course not, but what you do know before hand is that winning the cup is a major, major accomplishment, so it should be fought for tooth and nail.
                          Gophers won two in a row just recently and all people remember is Holy Cross and losing to UND and missing the Frozen Four after having beat them at the FINAL FIVE.

Just saying.

Comment

Gophers won two in a row just recently and all people remember is Holy Cross and losing to UND and missing the Frozen Four after having beat them at the FINAL FIVE.

Just saying.
                            And should you forget...

But I get what you're saying and I think that stems from where our programs are at. NC's are what matter. Anything less is, well, less.

The M. Cup is great, but only when you package it within a National Championship.

Comment

Just saying.
                              The gophers lost to Holy Cross?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

The gophers lost to Holy Cross?!?!?!?!?!?

It's what Sioux fans keep telling us anyways.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X