No announcement yet.

The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Guys,

every fanbase has people you don't agree with. But we have free speech. You don't have to agree with everyone (caveat: I don't know either of the 2 posters you refer to in the beginning at all). I don't necessarily agree with the posters you mention but they can have their say on whatever just like everyone else.

This strikes me as supremely childish. You don't like what someone says, then ignore it. done.

...on a tangent, this thread could have been titled " UW vs. DU get me a 7 and 7" referring to UW *hopefully* getting NCAA Title #7 to match DU, and referencing Goodfellas while doing so
    Then you won't mind me saying that VarsityWisconsin makes Corky look like Albert *ing Einstein. Correct?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Guys,

every fanbase has people you don't agree with. But we have free speech. You don't have to agree with everyone (caveat: I don't know either of the 2 posters you refer to in the beginning at all). I don't necessarily agree with the posters you mention but they can have their say on whatever just like everyone else.

This strikes me as supremely childish. You don't like what someone says, then ignore it. done.

...on a tangent, this thread could have been titled " UW vs. DU get me a 7 and 7" referring to UW *hopefully* getting NCAA Title #7 to match DU, and referencing Goodfellas while doing so
      I'll delete it and rename it! Give me a minute here...

Comment

Guys,
        I don't necessarily agree with the posters you mention but they can have their say on whatever just like everyone else.
        Of course, but you don't delete a thread 3 days and 6 pages into it just because you're feeling embarrassed about what you wrote. You take your lumps, learn from them and move on.

Comment

I'm surprised this series has generated so little interest here so far seeing as how the winnner gets the MacNaughton.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I'm surprised this series has generated so little interest here so far seeing as how the winnner gets the MacNaughton.
            Wisconsin fans are "pioneering" the latest in hybrid thread technology, replacing threads every 24 hours to save bandwidth. By reducing old out of date content the same way that Mike Eaves discards unwanted recruits, readers can zip through shorter more efficient threads saving electricity, bandwidth and time.

It is believed that over the course of an average season the Wisconsin Hybrid Thread Technology Method© will save millions of trees and help reduce polar ice cap melting. Expect to see message boards around the world adopt the technology within the next few months.
            Last edited by dggoddard; 01-21-2010, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Then you won't mind me saying that VarsityWisconsin makes Corky look like Albert *ing Einstein. Correct?
              of course. say what you will. this is why I don't pay attention to the little green and red dots.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

of course. say what you will. this is why I don't pay attention to the little green and red dots.
                FTLT/Rabid might actually have a bigger sense of humor than you.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-21-2010, 06:09 AM.

Comment

bump!! Ok, we have about a day and a half before the puck drops. Now can we talk hockey? Must be a great atmosphere at the Kohl center. With DU's recent record there, the fans must be especially fired up! I remember back in the old DU barn, the Badger fans were always the most vocal. A sea of red, some guy beating on a drum leading a most ominous cheer of "sieve" Very cool!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    bump!! Ok, we have about a day and a half before the puck drops. Now can we talk hockey? Must be a great atmosphere at the Kohl center. With DU's recent record there, the fans must be especially fired up! I remember back in the old DU barn, the Badger fans were always the most vocal. A sea of red, some guy beating on a drum leading a most ominous cheer of "sieve" Very cool!!
                    I don't know what kind of atmosphere to expect, I would hope for 14,000+, at the least, but that might be doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                      I don't know what kind of atmosphere to expect, I would hope for 14,000+, at the least, but that might be doubtful.
                      Make that 14,100 on Saturday night. 100 DU fans will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                        Make that 14,100 on Saturday night. 100 DU fans will be there.
                        I'm not basing that number on a huge sample size or anything, our series with the Goofs this year saw us draw 12,500 on Friday and 14,060 on Saturday, which was kind of disappointing in my opinion. Hopefully tomorrow gets a little better turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          FTLT/Rabid might actually have a bigger sense of humor than you.
                          That's not possible.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                            I'm not basing that number on a huge sample size or anything, our series with the Goofs this year saw us draw 12,500 on Friday and 14,060 on Saturday, which was kind of disappointing in my opinion. Hopefully tomorrow gets a little better turnout.
                            Wisconsin fans aren't going to turn out in droves to watch a 7th place hockey program like the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                              Wisconsin fans aren't going to turn out in droves to watch a 7th place hockey program like the Gophers.
                              If they're turning out, where are they? In the concourse?

I believe it will be pretty full this weekend and the energy level should be high, at least for our morgue-like fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                If they're turning out, where are they? In the concourse?

I believe it will be pretty full this weekend and the energy level should be high, at least for our morgue-like fans.
                                Never thought I'd hear badger fans described as morgue-like.
                                Does this mean the cadre of DU fans making the trip will out "Sieve" the home crowd?
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X