UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

I'm going to listen to Blaise tonight on WUML. I have no idea what he will say.

Conspiracy theory time..........Does anyone think Blaise is looking for a new gig? He didn't look like he cared on Saturday while McEachern was going crazy on some of those calls berating the officials.
    Let's go Lowell.

Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

I'm sure anything can be possible, but its not like new openings just appear all the time in the college environment. The other thing is Blaise is apt to take penalty minutes which is not good for a team mired by penalties so maybe he deferred to the guy who used to play in the NHL and maybe knows the refs on a personal level a little more.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      I'm sure anything can be possible, but its not like new openings just appear all the time in the college environment. The other thing is Blaise is apt to take penalty minutes which is not good for a team mired by penalties so maybe he deferred to the guy who used to play in the NHL and maybe knows the refs on a personal level a little more.
      I sit in Section A at Tsongas ao I look directly at the benches of both teams. McEachern was going nuts on Sunday night. I'm amazed he didn't pick up a bench minor.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
        Conspiracy theory time..........Does anyone think Blaise is looking for a new gig? He didn't look like he cared on Saturday while McEachern was going crazy on some of those calls berating the officials.
        I don't think he's looking to go any where. I'm also sure he was ready to explode Saturday night.

According to the Republican.
        UMass-Lowell coach Blaise MacDonald was not around for post-game
        quotes, he immediately left the building at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          I don't think he's looking to go any where. I'm also sure he was ready to explode Saturday night.

Usually only one coach goes nuts at a time. Not productive for them all to go nuts.

Comment

according to blaise on the radio show, he left immediately because he had to pick his son up at skate 3

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
              according to blaise on the radio show, he left immediately because he had to pick his son up at skate 3
              oh.

Comment

I missed the show tonight, what else did he have to say?

Comment

****, I was liking the idea he left because he didn't want to bust open a player's rib with a 30 pound weight.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

****, I was liking the idea he left because he didn't want to bust open a player's rib with a 30 pound weight.
                    You actually believed that? I didn't. Color me cynical

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      only a moron would have believed that.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        You know him better than I do and its not like it out of the realm of his actions. Besides, what of it if I do? what does that effect, not much?

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

I missed the show tonight, what else did he have to say?
                          He said that he's watched the disallowed goal many, many times, and from what he saw, Val was at the top of the right side of the crease and it looked like the puck was in the net before any goaltender interference occurred. He also said that the rule for reviewing a play is that it has to be called by an on-ice official, no players or coaches, etc. So after the goal, everyone's lined up at center ice, the whistle blows for the puck to drop and then Toot sends out a Captain to talk to the ref and then they review the play.

Another issue he had from Saturday was that there was a scrum in front of the UMass net (didn't hear which period) and the ref blew the whistle. Blaise asked for a review but the official said he was in perfect position and no review would be granted. Looking back at the tape, the puck was in the crease, people were battling, and then official (who was in "perfect position) was 40+ feet away blew the whistle. What the official missed was the reason he lost sight of the puck was that Nolet had literally picked it up and tossed it like a frisbee to the face-off dot. Blaise finshed by saying that Lowell just didn't captialize on their chances and Dainton* played a phenomenal game to keep UMass in it with all the pressure Lowell put on him.

Carter Hutton was the player on and they were talking about how he was recruited. That's really about it.

Comment

You know him better than I do and its not like it out of the realm of his actions. Besides, what of it if I do? what does that effect, not much?
                            This isn't from personal knowledge, I just think it is a stupid question to ask.

Oh, and HOCKEY EAST IS FIXED!! The goal just gives me flashbacks for the last 25 yrs, only now we can watch again and again to show us and before we could only recall.

Comment

Another issue he had from Saturday was that there was a scrum in front of the UMass net (didn't hear which period) and the ref blew the whistle. Blaise asked for a review but the official said he was in perfect position and no review would be granted. Looking back at the tape, the puck was in the crease, people were battling, and then official (who was in "perfect position) was 40+ feet away blew the whistle. What the official missed was the reason he lost sight of the puck was that Nolet had literally picked it up and tossed it like a frisbee to the face-off dot. Blaise finshed by saying that Lowell just didn't captialize on their chances and Dainton* played a phenomenal game to keep UMass in it with all the pressure Lowell put on him.

Carter Hutton was the player on and they were talking about how he was recruited. That's really about it.
                              Good story about Hutton.

Also, I thought Blaise was talking about Friday night where the above happened, but no matter.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                              X