Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders Bracket/Futile Four 2010

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
    I humbly come before the tournament committee with a request for a special exemption to the Futile Four selection process.

Ahem.......... Any team that has more NHL draft picks than victories while also managing to produce a losing record should be given an automatic berth.
    While we are sympathetic to your frustration, the committee is not impressed with your argument. This tournament strives to identify the worst-of-the-worst. While the Gophers certainly ought to qualify for a special award for 'massive underacheivement', that is not the purpose of our event.

Embarrasing victories over NCAA contenders like Duluth, Bemidji, Wisconsin (twice) and NoDak (twice) ought to prove that you've got no business anywhere near this event. It's simple math!!! If you want to get in this field, you need to lose more games.

PS...In anticipation of your next post; don't even think about bringing that worn-out 'eastern bias' conspiracy theory nonsense in to the conversation.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
      All this creates the very real possibility that the door may be open for Alaska-Anchorage if they stay true to form against Wisconsin. This would mark the first time in MANY years that two WCHA teams have made the field...how many years is unknown, but our crack research staff is presently busy at work searching landfills in three midwestern states for documentation.
      In 2001, three WCHA teams, Michigan Tech, Alaska-Anchorage, and UMD all made the field.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=954&page=3
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Providence better represent the HEA well.

Oh and Bentley better win it all!!
        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
          Providence better represent the HEA well.

Oh and Bentley better win it all!!
          Yes, I really like Bentley's bracket in Massena!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            In 2001, three WCHA teams, Michigan Tech, Alaska-Anchorage, and UMD all made the field.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=954&page=3
            Thanks for the help, Bob.

It appears that the committee's crack research staff was more interested in crack than research. We gave him an advance to cover his expenses, and never heard from him untill this morning, when he called from the city jail in Galena Illinois looking for bail money.

Where have you been? We have not seen you on this thread for two years!

If you have a chance, could you scope out in your area (Arizona?) and see if you can find an appropriately trashy rink? There is concern within the committee that with so many eastern teams apparently headed for the tournament, we may need to find an alternate (more remote) location for one of the eastern regionals. Flagstaff, Prescott, Yuma... maybe some Indian revervation.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
              If you have a chance, could you scope out in your area (Arizona?) and see if you can find an appropriately trashy rink? There is concern within the committee that with so many eastern teams apparently headed for the tournament, we may need to find an alternate (more remote) location for one of the eastern regionals. Flagstaff, Prescott, Yuma... maybe some Indian revervation.
              Have you ever considered going international, and puting a regional in Mexico? I'm sure any rink that the beaners have would live up to the high standards of this tournament.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Have you ever considered going international, and puting a regional in Mexico? I'm sure any rink that the beaners have would live up to the high standards of this tournament.
                Additionally, how would the committee feel about a mandate forcing travel to the above mentioned Mexico regional to all be routed through Ciudad Juarez?

Comment

We know where the Regionals are being held, but can anyone tell me where the Futile Four is being held this year?

I really think Bentley can go 0-4!!
                  BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                    We know where the Regionals are being held, but can anyone tell me where the Futile Four is being held this year?

I really think Bentley can go 0-4!!

The IcePark in Flowood, Mississippi.
                    Look back at FederalLeague's post #37 on this thread for a great profile.

Comment

Bob Gray's in Arizona??? I figured he was hiding out in the Bottom Ten headquarters in Nimrod... shows what I know!

Hi Bob!
                      Doug
                      UAH 1974
                      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                        Bob Gray's in Arizona??? I figured he was hiding out in the Bottom Ten headquarters in Nimrod... shows what I know!

Hi Bob!
                        Didn't you hear? The Bottom Ten Headquarters relocated to Nothing, Arizona!
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Welcome to "WhoCaresWeekend"!

While this time of the season is chocked full of games of interest to those fans of 'that other' tournament, little of this weekends action is likely to have any meaningful effect on the BFB.

AirForce, Canisius and SacredHeart are all listed on the FARTS, but none can improve their LP enough to get over .560 The only present TWIT still playing is Brown, and it looks as if they would need to win the ECAC tournament to work themselves out of a spot in the BFB, altho it is possible that a win over Cornell could drop them low enough to allow Princeton in.

With all that in mind, it is quite possible that the final brackets could look very much like those posted last week; so, if anybody has got any serious grumbling and/or whining to do, they'd best get busy!

Comment

Is the committee worried that the Saugus regional may be too close to Boston?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Is the committee worried that the Saugus regional may be too close to Boston?
                              Don't worry. No one wants to go to Saugus.
                              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                Didn't you hear? The Bottom Ten Headquarters relocated to Nothing, Arizona!
                                What??? No!!! I liked Nimrod... now I have to go and change my password... Oh well, at least the first letter's the same.
                                Doug
                                UAH 1974
                                Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                                Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                                Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                                Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                                Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X