Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders Bracket/Futile Four 2010

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
    I cannot agree with Rob Morris being in the bracket. They have beat the #1 team in Miami of Ohio and BSU twice. They may have talent somewhere on or close to their team and I thought the Futile four bracket was supposed to be void of any talent.
    I agree, sweeping Miami and beating BSU is a definite indicator of talent. I would be very disappointed if Bob Morris actually made the field.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I agree, sweeping Miami and beating BSU is a definite indicator of talent. I would be very disappointed if Bob Morris actually made the field.
      We need to keep all the following in mind:

This is what the field would look like IF THE SEASON ENDED NOW. Teams still have several game to play, plus their conference tournaments.

Instead of focusing on why you think Bob Mo is NOT worthy of a place in the tournament, tell us what team you feel is MORE worthy. Minnesota State??? they beat Wisconsin and Bemedji (Twice)...Merrimack??? they've got wins over BC and UNH...Princeton??? they've beat Cornell twice. Canisius or Air Force??? heck, they've got WINNING records.

There's still plenty of time for there anomalies to work themselves out.
      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

The real question is why anybody but UConn should even bother to compete...
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Now that MTU will likely have an at large bid this season, I feel comfortable about our chances. Everyone is going to be blathering over the 1 & 2 seeds, so we could easily fly under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Everyone is going to be blathering over the 1 & 2 seeds, so we could easily fly under the radar.
            Hopefully this whole tournament easily flies under the radar.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I know this year's regional sites have already been chosen, but due to unforeseen recent developments, I would strongly urge the committee to consider moving one of the regionals to the Rostraver Ice Garden in Rostraver, Pa.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                I know this year's regional sites have already been chosen, but due to unforeseen recent developments, I would strongly urge the committee to consider moving one of the regionals to the Rostraver Ice Garden in Rostraver, Pa.
                The committee saw this item on the news last evening, and is already in negotiations to move one of the regionals to Rostraver. While we are concerned about possible legal action for breach of contract from whichever site gets cancelled, the opportunity to play in such a fitting facility is just to great to pass up. Watch for news on this topic as further details become available.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                  I cannot agree with Rob Morris being in the bracket. They have beat the #1 team in Miami of Ohio and BSU twice. They may have talent somewhere on or close to their team and I thought the Futile four bracket was supposed to be void of any talent.
                  I saw Bob Morris play once and they looked good. this tournament is screwed up.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                    The committee saw this item on the news last evening, and is already in negotiations to move one of the regionals to Rostraver. While we are concerned about possible legal action for breach of contract from whichever site gets cancelled, the opportunity to play in such a fitting facility is just to great to pass up. Watch for news on this topic as further details become available.
                    The committee is not concerned that this dump now counts as an outdoor venue?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      "The cause of the roof collapse hadn't been determined."

I'm betting it was gravity.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                        The committee is not concerned that this dump now counts as an outdoor venue?

That IS a concern, as the original criteria specifically said no OUTDOOR rinks.
                        However, we feel they should get full consideration as it's outdoor status was accidental, rather than by design.

Comment

This season is crazy. Case in point Vermont is 8th in Hockey East and tied for 9th in the RNLBAGP (Ranking Not to be Looked at Before All Games are Played) better know as the PWR.

Is it possible for a team to get the automatic qualifier for their league and still be at an large for the other less important tournament?
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Braketology (continued from yesterday)

Here's the field:
                            1. U Conn (AH Autobid)
                            2. AIU
                            3. BGSU (CCHA Autobid)
                            4. Holy Cross
                            5. Clarkson (ECAC Autobid)
                            6. Dartmouth
                            7. Bentley
                            8. Army
                            9. Brown
                            10. MTU (WCHA Autobid)
                            11. Niagara (CHA Autobid)
                            12. Harvard
                            13. Ala-Hunts
                            14. West Mich
                            15. Providence (HEA Autobid)
                            16. Rob Morris

First lets assign the #1 seeds, sending the highest as far away from home as possible:

#1 UConn goes Idaho
                            #2 AIU goes to the UP
                            #3 BGSU goes to Mass
                            #4 Holy Cross goes to upstate NY

Now arrange the #2 seeds so that its 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5
                            #5 Clarkson goes to Holy Cross bracket
                            #6 Dartmouth goes to BG bracket
                            #7 Bentley goes to AIU bracket
                            #8 Army goes to UConn bracket

Now arrange #3 seeds so that its 9-1, 10-2, 11-3, 12-4
                            #9 Brown goes to UConn bracket to play Army
                            #10 MTU goes to AIU bracket to play Bentley
                            #11 Niagara goes to BG bracket to play Dartmouth
                            #12 Harvard goes to Holy Cross bracket to play Clarkson

Now arrange the #4 seeds 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, 4-13
                            #13 Alab-Hunstville Northeast to play Holy Cross
                            #14 West Mich goes East to play BG
                            #15 Prividence goes Midwest to play AIU
                            #16 Rob Morris goes West to play UConn

Here's the initial brackets:
                            EAST:
                            BG
                            Dartmouth
                            Niagara
                            West Mich

NORTHEAST:
                            Holy Cross
                            Clarkson
                            Harvard
                            Ala-Hunts

MIDWEST:
                            AIU
                            Bentley
                            Mich Tech
                            Providence

WEST:
                            UConn
                            Army
                            Brown
                            Bob Morris

First we need to avoid first round matchups between members of the same conference...there are two: BG v WM and Harvard v Clarkson.

Both have a simple fixes: swap West Michigan with Alabama. Swap Harvard with Mich Tech. Moving MTU out of the midwest bracket also helps reduce attendance in that regional.

Our brackets now look like this:

EAST:
                            BG
                            Dartmouth
                            Niagara
                            Alab-Hunts

NORTHEAST:
                            Holy Cross
                            Clarkson
                            Mich Tech
                            West Mich

MIDWEST:
                            AIU
                            Bentley
                            Harvard
                            Providence

WEST:
                            UConn
                            Army
                            Brown
                            Bob Morris

Brackets look good, except we are concerned that Clarkson's close proximity to Massena might mean somebody could attend. We'll deal with that later, possibly by moving this regional to the collapsed rink in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                              2. AIU
                              American International College is so bad that they change their name just to disguise being in this tourney?

BTW, for your last point, swap Bentley and Clarkson instead of Tech and Harvard.
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-15-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Minnesota gets no respect!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X