Elmira Soaring Eagles 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira Soaring Eagles 2010

Hey if I'd have known how easy it is to start a thread I would have been all over this last year. I'm dangerous now....

Anyway here we go! Big, Big game on Wednesday night as # 1 (USCHO) comes calling on # 2 (USCHO) at the domes. This 1/2 matchup is webcast and should have all the sizzle that comes with a mid season matchup between two top teams.

Amherst comes to town with a record of 9-1-3 with their only loss of the season handed to them at the Panther Cardinal Classic by the 11-3-1 Elmira Soaring Eagles in a tightly contested 2 - 1 win. Both teams will be hungry for the points. Puck drop at 7:00 PM.

Any predictions.....Seymore?

Re: Elmira Soaring Eagles 2010

I'll take the Jeffs in round 2 to avenge their loss to the Screaming Eagles over New Year. Despite Dier and possibly Zukas being oot, Amherst has enough depth on defence Clegg, Lloyd, Koch and Chwick to cover. Coaching staff may have drop a couple of forwards back on occasion to give them a blow. A lot of talent up front for Amherst.

Comment

Yawn...sorry...you talking to me? Sorry...I'm more focused on trying to figure out how to get 18 holes in tomorrow before the rain hits here in southern California. frankly...I could care less about this game. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Hey if I'd have known how easy it is to start a thread I would have been all over this last year. I'm dangerous now....

Anyway here we go! Big, Big game on Wednesday night as # 1 (USCHO) comes calling on # 2 (USCHO) at the domes. This 1/2 matchup is webcast and should have all the sizzle that comes with a mid season matchup between two top teams.

Amherst comes to town with a record of 9-1-3 with their only loss of the season handed to them at the Panther Cardinal Classic by the 11-3-1 Elmira Soaring Eagles in a tightly contested 2 - 1 win. Both teams will be hungry for the points. Puck drop at 7:00 PM.

Any predictions.....Seymore?
        The key will be the same as it was in the national championship game last year and the previous meeting this year. Amherst likes to dump and chase using their points to pinch and support the forecheck. When allowed to dump to the goal line, this strategy works. In previous meeting this year, Elmira did a good job of attacking Amherst at the center line, causing many dump ins to only get to the face off dots before being retrieved by Elmira D and taken back out of the zone. Whoever controls this neutral zone action will win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
          Yawn...sorry...you talking to me? Sorry...I'm more focused on trying to figure out how to get 18 holes in tomorrow before the rain hits here in southern California. frankly...I could care less about this game. Sorry.
          What are you doing out in SoCal?!

Shouldn't you be sitting on your couch in Ontario with the Canadian flag draped around you crying over the world juniors loss?
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Hey, no worries Seymore! Good luck with the weather and your golf game.
            Something tells me you probably can't count very well either....Fore!

Comment

Hey Seymore. Maybe you should care a bit as the result could have a bearing on Platties placing in the polls

P.S....It's all good. I was around during Seymore's heyday on the Ontario forum (~2004).

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                P.S....It's all good. I was around during Seymore's heyday on the Ontario forum (~2004).
                HHA..Now THAT was a fun forum!!! I've behaved myself on this one by comaprison. Haha..ahhh...memories....!!!

BTW...I managed a smooth 77 today...in the rain...and YES...ALL strokes were counted.

Also, been managing to watch hockey on a bootleg website that broadcasts all NHL games. Can't wait for Canada's double gold in the ICE hockey competition next month!!

See you back home in April!!

Comment

HHA..Now THAT was a fun forum!!! I've behaved myself on this one by comaprison. Haha..ahhh...memories....!!!

BTW...I managed a smooth 77 today...in the rain...and YES...ALL strokes were counted.

Also, been managing to watch hockey on a bootleg website that broadcasts all NHL games. Can't wait for Canada's double gold in the ICE hockey competition next month!!

See you back home in April!!
                  A 77..... Not bad for 9 holes at the local Muni.... (had to say it...everybody was thinking it)

Comment

Spike/Snob/Anybody...What about goaltending? Amherst looks as though they've split the playing time over there with Hu and Murphy while Elmira has pretty well run with Sullivan.

Will this be a factor come game time?

Comment

!!
                      Dunno. That original forum run by Statsy and Unofficial was pretty wild to put it mildly. You were sure one of the hitters, but not one of the big hitters.

For others.....Check this out, Seymore in earlier days....Wild West 2004 style...its actually entertaining....
                      http://www.network54.com/Forum/26029...--------week18

But this one right below it, hockey politics at it's worst: (5_4_Fighting you should read this !)
                      http://www.network54.com/Forum/26029...t+die%21%21%21
                      Fast forward after that debacle, the Forum shut down, the Dice forum was created. The next fall the SWGHL was dead, everyone ran to the NMGHL and a year after that the PWHL was born, and the rest is history as they say.

P.S...Seymore, Congrats on your D's great career. I still have two going at it for a while longer.
                      Last edited by OnMAA; 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                        Spike/Snob/Anybody...What about goaltending? Amherst looks as though they've split the playing time over there with Hu and Murphy while Elmira has pretty well run with Sullivan.

Will this be a factor come game time?
                        I can only speak to Amherst since I follow the NESCAC fairly closely. Both Hu and Murphy have basically split time with Murphy getting the easier assignments on balance. Hu, the Junior, is probably the go-to goalie, but Murphy is a close second and a more than capable back-up in a big spot. More pressure to be placed on Jeffs goaltending with the absence of Dier and Zukas vs Elmira. Outside of no more than handful of games, both goalies haven't seen the quantity of shots on net in comparison with their NESCAC counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnob View Post
                          I can only speak to Amherst since I follow the NESCAC fairly closely. Both Hu and Murphy have basically split time with Murphy getting the easier assignments on balance. Hu, the Junior, is probably the go-to goalie, but Murphy is a close second and a more than capable back-up in a big spot. More pressure to be placed on Jeffs goaltending with the absence of Dier and Zukas vs Elmira. Outside of no more than handful of games, both goalies haven't seen the quantity of shots on net in comparison with their NESCAC counterparts.
                          Just re checked the box score on the last meeting cause thats all we have to go on.... the shots were 19 -16 in favour of Elmira, a low shot count for two top teams. Each team scored a PP goal but interesting was the fact that EC had 3 PP opportunities to Amherst's 7. I mean you should, on average get about 2 shots per PP so...I can only assume, given their shot count Amherst struggled on the PP. Elmira knows all about that as they had there own problems getting shots during their PP opportunities this past weekend in Rochester. Be Interesting to see whether special teams on both sides have improved and if they have...what impact it will have on this tilt?

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                            Dunno. That original forum run by Statsy and Unofficial was pretty wild to put it mildly. You were sure one of the hitters, but not one of the big hitters.

For others.....Check this out, Seymore in earlier days....Wild West 2004 style...its actually entertaining....
                            http://www.network54.com/Forum/26029...--------week18

But this one right below it, hockey politics at it's worst: (5_4_Fighting you should read this !)
                            http://www.network54.com/Forum/26029...t+die%21%21%21
                            Fast forward after that debacle, the Forum shut down, the Dice forum was created. The next fall the SWGHL was dead, everyone ran to the NMGHL and a year after that the PWHL was born, and the rest is history as they say.

P.S...Seymore, Congrats on your D's great career. I still have two going at it for a while longer.
                            Geez...why didn't someone tell me Seymore was a legend...

I mean...I fought the law and the law won.
                            Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 01-19-2010, 12:43 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

It appears as though EC is going all out in the promotion of the Wednesday night tilt between # 1 Amherst and # 2 Elmira with what they are calling the "Pack the MAC" (Murray Athletic Center) night. Flyers have been distributed, local media have been advised, shuttle buses have been arranged and the student body will be out in full force to witness what is undoubtedly going to be the women's game of the year at the Domes.

Good Luck to both teams as they hunt for those much needed 2 points.

Comment

Working...
                              X