• Re: 2010 Division III Commitments

One more to Concordia Moorhead.

http://www.neepawanatives.com/pages/news2.asp?ID=1347

Westscout

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      3 more to Utica

Including probably the highest-scoring New England Prep recruit I have seen yet. (43-36-79 in 28 games)
      And for those of you interested: this bring Utica to 13 recruits.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
      UC seems to recruit like this every year. Unfortunately they also seem to lose underclassmen to transfer on an all too frequent basis.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
        UC seems to recruit like this every year. Unfortunately they also seem to lose underclassmen to transfer on an all too frequent basis.
        Transfer? I was told that a lot of players have been quitting, I think academically some of the players that last few years have been a stretch and as a result are not able to do hockey and school. A few players that have gone to Utica brought a lot of baggage and that catches up to everyone eventually.

I think at the D-III level without the scholarship you are always working with group of athletes that may loose motivation, may get hurt, may fail or just grow out of hockey. I think the D-III design with shorter seasons allows for students to develop interests outside of hockey that can pull them away. I do not know if that happens at Utica but I bet every few years all schools have a "flushing" of the system and start fresh. Look at Norwich they had 12 new players this year.

Comment

1 more to Wentworth

That's #14 for them.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            1 more to Wentworth

That's #14 for them.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            Another Flushing?

Good team last year graduated 5-6 players now has 14 coming? That would be a roster of about 35 players I am guessing a few cuts will be made.

All of that aside I think Wentworth with its returners and all of its recruits, is looking really good! If they stay healthy I am predicting a Conference Championship and an NCAA tournament win (Just 1)!

Comment

That's because Norwich's coach was not happy with how his team underachieved in 08-09 well adding a competition factor seemed to do the trick didn't it.

Originally posted by 3rdLiner View Post
              Transfer? I was told that a lot of players have been quitting, I think academically some of the players that last few years have been a stretch and as a result are not able to do hockey and school. A few players that have gone to Utica brought a lot of baggage and that catches up to everyone eventually.

I think at the D-III level without the scholarship you are always working with group of athletes that may loose motivation, may get hurt, may fail or just grow out of hockey. I think the D-III design with shorter seasons allows for students to develop interests outside of hockey that can pull them away. I do not know if that happens at Utica but I bet every few years all schools have a "flushing" of the system and start fresh. Look at Norwich they had 12 new players this year.

Comment

I don't think a flushing especially after they had a great season last year but kids and parents should really smarten up and try and figure out why every year the same schools seem to bring in 3 lines of forwards and 2 or 3 pairs of defensemen basically a whole new team to either raise the level of competition between players to have a lot of depth up and down a huge roster in case of injuries or discipline issues. Or they have the philosophy that if you don't improve over the summer and every summer then the coach should just replace you with someone better since you are always going to just remain at the same level. I just think some coahes are probably gearing up to replace attitude problems, flunkies, or guys that don't want to follow the same page the coaches are on.

Another Flushing?

Good team last year graduated 5-6 players now has 14 coming? That would be a roster of about 35 players I am guessing a few cuts will be made.

All of that aside I think Wentworth with its returners and all of its recruits, is looking really good! If they stay healthy I am predicting a Conference Championship and an NCAA tournament win (Just 1)!

Comment

Players coming out of Junior Hockey where they're playing 60-70 games over a 8 month season where all they do is eat, sleep hockey and workout are going to be in better game shape than DIII players that play a 25-30 game 4 month season.

But the 2-3 years of playing juniors with no shool/classes takes its toll on players that forgot how to be students.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls
                    I heard Etienne Archambault - F Longueil LHQAAA committed to Elmira. If that is true that is a big pick up.
                    What league is that? Quebec?

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                      What league is that? Quebec?
                      Yes.

Ligue de Hockey Junior AAA de Québec.
                      Quebec Junior AAA Hockey League

Quebec uses a different tier system, and Quebec AAA is (roughly) equivalent to A elsewhere. LHAAAQ champions participate in the playoffs for CJHL (the larger, national, organization)
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Excellent observations and borne out at several other schools, one notably in the ECAC-E during this post season. Add to that the fact that some 21+ yo players come from a great distance (in eastern schools), join a class of students normally 2-3 years younger and are thrust into an educational environment with varying levels of demand. I don't know about Utica in the ECAC-W but Elmira and Hobart are academically demanding. All this and they only get to play 25 games in a season, often in relative obscurity.
                        D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls
                          I heard Etienne Archambault - F Longueil LHQAAA committed to Elmira. If that is true that is a big pick up.
                          Looking into it. I'll let you know what I find, either way. I do hope this is true.

...And this is where being a French Major in College helps big-time.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

http://www.pointstreaksites.com/view...110/news_12639

This link is from April 30th and said he is going to attend the University of Montreal.

If Elmira did indeed swoop in and get him LOOK OUT!

He scored nearly 100 points in one of the best junior leagues in Canada.

He won the award for the league's top players putting him among the company of names like:

Kyle Turris (2007), Jeff Tambellini (2002), Dany Heatley (1999), Mike Comrie (1998), Paul Kariya (1992)
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

This link is from April 30th and said he is going to attend the University of Montreal.

He won the award for the league's top players putting him among the company of names like:

Kyle Turris (2007), Jeff Tambellini (2002), Dany Heatley (1999), Mike Comrie (1998), Paul Kariya (1992)

Not to diminish the kid's obvious talent, but if memory serves it should be noted the LHJAAAQ is a notoriously high scoring league. That said...I'm sure he's a stud anyway.
                              “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Yes, but according to that link:
                                Off the ice, Archambault is enrolled at the University of Montreal, taking classes towards a Bachelor of Arts in Industrial Public Relations. He hopes to pursue a Masters in Labour Law, but hopes to do so while also continuing his hockey career at a college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
                                So, it's a least feasible that he might be going to an NCAA institution. The only hitch is: Elmira doesn't do master's degrees, except in a couple fields (and I'm pretty sure Labour Law isn't one of them).
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Working...
                                X