2010 Division III Commitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Division III Commitments

There are so many quality players out there. Norwich will find a good backup you'll see. The skill level of todays players is light years ahead of what it was 20 years ago. Goaltending is a real craft these days and the amout of training that they do is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
      There are so many quality players out there. Norwich will find a good backup you'll see. The skill level of todays players is light years ahead of what it was 20 years ago. Goaltending is a real craft these days and the amout of training that they do is amazing.
      And, of course every once in while you find a guy like this. Not very often
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
        Paul Beckwith says hello.

For Oswego, adding another goalie is necessary, but at the same time it's not like they're starting over completely. (I know, Beckwith injury troubles, but whatever).
        It would be nice to get another Ryan Scott.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
          Paul Beckwith says hello.

For Oswego, adding another goalie is necessary, but at the same time it's not like they're starting over completely. (I know, Beckwith injury troubles, but whatever).
          Beckwith only had the injury in his Freshman year and would have been the starter over Hyk had it not been for the injury (which required surgery in the off season). He was the starter his Sophmore year but lost the job when he took ill on one weekend and KGT took over and Eddie stayed with KGT instead of returning to his starter (Makes you wonder though how the semis would have turned out. Beckwith has been in many championship games, not sure about KGT). So what I'm driving at is I don't think Oswego will have a goaltender problem. Bringing in another one is only a logical move.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
            Beckwith only had the injury in his Freshman year and would have been the starter over Hyk had it not been for the injury (which required surgery in the off season). He was the starter his Sophmore year but lost the job when he took ill on one weekend and KGT took over and Eddie stayed with KGT instead of returning to his starter (Makes you wonder though how the semis would have turned out. Beckwith has been in many championship games, not sure about KGT). So what I'm driving at is I don't think Oswego will have a goaltender problem. Bringing in another one is only a logical move.
            Exactly what I was getting at. In my opinion, Beckwith was great last year. KGT was really hot though and there was no reason to screw around with the starting goaltender.

Comment

If you have good defensemen they act like a safety net for the goalie and make him better. Just look at the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Flyers seem to be able to play well no matter who is in net.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                If you have good defensemen they act like a safety net for the goalie and make him better. Just look at the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Flyers seem to be able to play well no matter who is in net.
                The Flyers are trying to become the first team in NHL History to win the Cup without a goalie(2008 Red Wings were close)...

Comment

I think Norwich is confident that Dubois will be able to step in for Klinger and carry the load in net ... but they'll still bring in another good one before the end of the summer ...
                  Besides with the way they keep adding scorers (Janke, Duszynski) to last years very young cast they may be able to just bludgeon (sp) teams to death.
                  Last edited by PuckVoice; 06-05-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Norwich had some very good defensemen all with good size. How many of them graduated?

Comment

NU lost three senior D - Tallent, Stitt and Coon ...
                      They return four good ones in Baker, Carpino, Kozhokin, and Eskedjian.
                      They also have used forward Igor Martinez some back on the blueline.
                      They have added a good one in McInerney.
                      Probably need to bring a couple more.

Comment

1 removed from St. Norbert

According to this article, Edgars Lipsbergs was unable to attend St. Norbert College (I'm guessing probably an admissions issue), and is planning to sign with Dinamo Riga after being drafted in the 3rd round of the KHL Entry Draft.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Back from a charming vacation in the spruce laden Pacific Northwest...

Two to Concordia-WI, two to Marian and one to St. Scholastica.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

For fun...here are the top ten states in terms of visitors to the commitment page:

1. New York (by a wide margin)
                            2. Massachusetts
                            3. Wisconsin
                            4. Michigan
                            5. Minnesota
                            6. Vermont
                            7. Pennsylvania
                            8. New Hampshire
                            9. Illinois
                            10. Connecticut
                            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

'try comparing it against percentage of population and see what happens
                              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

3 more to Utica

Including probably the highest-scoring New England Prep recruit I have seen yet. (43-36-79 in 28 games)
                                And for those of you interested: this bring Utica to 13 recruits.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X