2010 Division III Commitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Division III Commitments

Forget about it Aerogroup. There is no debate with a college prof only absolutes. I'm sure he's a nice man but it's his way or the highway. Push him too far and he'll just call you names. There is no exchange of ideas on todays college campuses. It's leftist ideology or nothing.

Comment

Four to Lake Forest, one to Finlandia.

2010-11 West Region Commitments
      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
        Forget about it Aerogroup. There is no debate with a college prof only absolutes. I'm sure he's a nice man but it's his way or the highway. Push him too far and he'll just call you names. There is no exchange of ideas on todays college campuses. It's leftist ideology or nothing.
        Take one "Honors" Course (or the equivalent for any particular school, if one exists), and you will find that the entire class is debate and discussion regarding the interpretation of the assigned text (yes, even textbooks)... this promotes a healthy exchange of ideas, including those blasted conservative views!

(Caveat: I'm at a Catholic School... such institutions are prone to attract at least a FEW conservatives)
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Take one "Honors" Course (or the equivalent for any particular school, if one exists), and you will find that the entire class is debate and discussion regarding the interpretation of the assigned text (yes, even textbooks)... this promotes a healthy exchange of ideas, including those blasted conservative views!

(Caveat: I'm at a Catholic School... such institutions are prone to attract at least a FEW conservatives)
          Having attended college classes since 1979, and accumulating 224 undergrad credits and 80+ grad credits. I too agree. there is little to no exchange of ideas in the college class room, unfortunately, this isn’t “today’s problem” – it has been there since at least 1979. First, I want to recognize those who chose to teach on a regular basis, in most cases, these positions require terminal degrees, for pay that is usually only at the high end of the undergrad scale, many deserve significant credit for their financial sacrifice in their pursuit of their teaching career. There is an old adage – “those who can do, those who can’t teach”. For many, this is – and should be – an insult, unfortunately IMO, in more cases than not, it is true. Having taught some classes at the high school and undergrad level, I have experienced first hand, that many students simply don’t want to learn – yes, even tuition paying “students”, and like another old adage “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink”. That said, the biggest problem from my experience, is the high number of “Regurgitators”, that is people with a great ability to memorize information and repeat it, but with little or no ability to apply or think about it – professors who can quote the textbook, but ask them a question outside the book – and ouch – so much for “knowing the subject”. On the upside, few “Regurgitators” exist at the grad level – either they are “smart enough” to stay away, or they simply can’t survive at that level. Ok, enough of the hijack – back to hockey.
          Last edited by norm1909; 05-02-2010, 07:35 AM.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Um, can we get back to DIII college committments please

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
              You have no sense of reality or any knowledge of the dynamics of how learning takes place. I am quite willing to listen to informed opinions from other points of view, but they need to be backed up with facts, not talking points (from either side of the issue). Statistics is all about examining the data. If there is a reputable data set to support a different point of view, I'd like to see it. That's what education and learning are all about. Being a knee-jerk conservative or a knee-jerk liberal doesn't promote anything except anger.

And I agree - we now return to our regularly scheduled programming...
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Um, can we get back to DIII college committments please
                I'll second that!

Comment

Jordan Principali - D - Alberta Junior League - Okotoks Oilers - Going to Adrian College

Ross Herog - F - Alberta Junior League - Bonnyville Pontiacs - Going to Castleton College

Great work on the spreadsheet for the western teams.

Comment

One to Adrian (5/3)

2010-11 West Region Commitments
                    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

John Orricio of Capital District (EJHL) to Lawrence
                      http://easternjunior.pointstreaksite...-commitments-1

Comment

I wish I had specific names but from what I know.
                        Potsdam is bringing in one goalie,4 forwards and 3 defensemen.
                        If I am able to obtain specifics I will post accordingly.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Re: 2010 Division III Commitments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Henry

You have no sense of reality or any knowledge of the dynamics of how learning takes place

Comment

...and one to Lawrence (5/4) along with an update on the Adrian recruit.

2010-11 West Region Commitments...now with a newer look.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Mr. Webb...

Great job and thanks for keeping the west d3 a priority!

Comment

Two more to the Forest:

Forward, Craig McDowell, Niagara Falls Canucks, GOJHL, 6'2' 200 lbs, Newmarket Ontario Canada, 19GP, (7-7-14) 56 PIMS

Forward, Rob Caparelli, Cumberland Grads, CJHL, 6'1' 176 lbs, Ottawa Onatrio Canada, 47GP, (4-9-13) 25 PIMS
                                Last edited by MR. DANGLES; 05-04-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X