PDA

View Full Version : Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Husky4Life
01-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for your token response to my lame token posts. You've made me so very happy. Thanks again.

Peace and love to all my hockey brethren.

Boner's up!

goldy_331
01-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Boner's up!

Now there's a token lame response if ever there was one! :p

Dude Love
01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Who is your biggest rival? NCAA wins?

UMD.

scsutommyboy
01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
UMD.

I dislike UMD most. Number one rival is a tough one to define because I think it can change year to year even for teams like the Gophers.

Husky4Life
01-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Easy . . it's the Gophers, the demand for tickets, the atmosphere at NHC, the hype leading up to the game.

Not even close.

scsutommyboy
01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Easy . . it's the Gophers, the demand for tickets, the atmosphere at NHC, the hype leading up to the game.

Not even close.

So that makes them the number one rival for who? You? :D

ts8801
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I dislike UMD most. Number one rival is a tough one to define because I think it can change year to year even for teams like the Gophers.

Not even close.

So that makes them the number one rival for who? You? :D

For me UMD isnt even in the top 3 maybe its because they havent been very good in the last few years. For me its;
1. gophers
2. UND
3. UW
after that UMD and Kato are close with the beavers probably joining this group next year.

SCSU Beat Anyone
01-20-2010, 03:16 PM
God am I pumped for this series!:D

Skeeterman
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
My biggest rival is fleet enema, although they really can't compete with my colo-rooter. That is, if you know anything about colon cleansing.

This poem I composed exclusively for rodent fans:

Hickory Dickory Dock
Your team sucks

SCSU Euro
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
For me UMD isnt even in the top 3 maybe its because they havent been very good in the last few years. For me its;
1. gophers
2. UND
3. UW
after that UMD and Kato are close with the beavers probably joining this group next year.

I'd put UMD second, even though they're not nearly as good year in and year out as UND and UW, though I could see somebody putting UND ahead of them, but as for "rivalries" I don't see how you could put them behind UW. And how are they even CLOSE to MSU-M? And until we get some conference history, you cant even mention BSU with UMD yet.

scsutommyboy
01-20-2010, 04:30 PM
1. gophers
2. UND
3. UW

Are you high?:D

HumRsky
01-20-2010, 06:02 PM
In terms of fan interest and tickets sold, I would put Gophers 1, UND 2, and probably Wisconsin 3. I don't think people that aren't on USCHO consider UMD that big of a rival. I know that, other than people on the USCHO boards, UMD doesn't consider SCSU a particularly rival. There is a big drop-off in attendance at SCSU games at the DECC from UM, UND, and UW, and that is despite the fact that you have to pay premium prices for the big 3 and not (anymore) for SCSU.

Stauber1
01-20-2010, 08:07 PM
In terms of fan interest and tickets sold, I would put Gophers 1, UND 2, and probably Wisconsin 3. I don't think people that aren't on USCHO consider UMD that big of a rival. I know that, other than people on the USCHO boards, UMD doesn't consider SCSU a particularly rival. There is a big drop-off in attendance at SCSU games at the DECC from UM, UND, and UW, and that is despite the fact that you have to pay premium prices for the big 3 and not (anymore) for SCSU.

So the two teams SCSU considers its biggest rivals, the Gophers and Duluth, don't reciprocate the feeling at all.

I think that says all that needs to be said :D

HumRsky
01-20-2010, 08:17 PM
You obviously didn't read what I said about Duluth. I think that it is a rivalry mainly among board members, (and I know DHG hates St. Cloud more than Minnesota) but both schools are fourth to the other among the general population. Other "rivals" draw more interest, but most St. Cloud fans know that we have to hang a few banners before any true rivalries develop.

Biddco
01-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Other "rivals" draw more interest, but most St. Cloud fans know that we have to hang a few banners before any true rivalries develop.
Don't hold your breath :D;)

Sorry that was too easy. I had to

Dude Love
01-20-2010, 11:14 PM
You obviously didn't read what I said about Duluth. I think that it is a rivalry mainly among board members, (and I know DHG hates St. Cloud more than Minnesota) but both schools are fourth to the other among the general population. Other "rivals" draw more interest, but most St. Cloud fans know that we have to hang a few banners before any true rivalries develop.

Basically, yeah. The UMD fans here are way more annoying and surly than the Gopher fans are.

Husky4Life
01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Don't hold your breath :D;)

Sorry that was too easy. I had to

DOH! :o :( :mad:

startthebus
01-20-2010, 11:56 PM
What's going on...No I am not going to read back.

The Rube
01-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Well, unless DL thinks of a second solution before 11:59pm tomorrow, our bet is:

The loser gets to have a pic taken with the winner's mascot.
However, if that is not really feasible in the next couple months (meaning one of these teams is not at the F5), then it's option 2:

a lb of bacon. Good bacon. Deli bacon. :)

Dude Love
01-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Well, unless DL thinks of a second solution before 11:59pm tomorrow, our bet is:

The loser gets to have a pic taken with the winner's mascot.
However, if that is not really feasible in the next couple months (meaning one of these teams is not at the F5), then it's option 2:

a lb of bacon. Good bacon. Deli bacon. :)

That is a really lame bet. :p