PDA

View Full Version : Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Skeeterman
01-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Will playing the Gophers hurt our Pair Wise ranking?

StateOfGophers
01-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Will playing the Gophers hurt our Pair Wise ranking?
I'm not sure how much arrogance is factored into the Pairwise, but to answer your question - yes, losing does hurt a team's Pairwise ranking.

Skeeterman
01-17-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure how much arrogance is factored into the Pairwise, but to answer your question - yes, losing does hurt a team's Pairwise ranking.

So the gopher will drop out of the rankings after this weekend...great.

wchaforever
01-17-2010, 05:07 PM

If you look at Skeets post numbers, he has about...oh, 4500 more than you. I believe what he was using was tool called sarcasm and comedy. But, your answer was correct.

4four4
01-17-2010, 05:29 PM
This is a big series for these teams as far as playoff positioning concerns. Yes, it is a rivalry despite what some Gopher fans like to think. ;)

I agree it is a rivalry. The Gophers are every teams number one rival.

The Vicar
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Skeets, anytime we have to play a D3 team like the rodents, it will hurt our pairwise ranking.

Don Lucia shovels my sidewalk:D

ts8801
01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Cowboys win one playoff game and everyone says they are unbeatable.

The gophers beat one decent opponent and their fans think they turn this season around.

Skeeterman
01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Where's Jocksniff?

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM

The gophers beat one decent opponent and their fans think they turn this season around.

Solid attempt at a comparison, but wrong. I don't think most of us Gophs fans believe the Gophers turned their season around by beating a depleted UND team at home. They did take a step in the right direction though, something they have struggled to do all season long. Getting swept by SCSU next weekend would make this weekend for naught. Again, most rational Gopher fans realize that we need 3 points or better out of almost every series from here on out, and no getting swept, which will be a tall order.

Reverse Sanity
01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Couple of quick notes. Novak was out Saturday with a "minor" "upper body" injury. Status for this week unknown yet. Volpai is expected to be "available" if needed. I am looking forward to joining the "traditional" weekly gang on these threads, and even adding some "hockey" in with the witt, sarcasm, and attempted comedy. And the other 87% of the posts. Should be a fun series with actual flow and end to end action. DEATH to the trap!!!!!!! Go Huskies!!!!!!

ScoobyDoo
01-17-2010, 07:15 PM

Despite how bad the Gophers have been you're awesome 4th place team is only 4 pts up. Can you explain that?

Red Cloud
01-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Despite how bad the Gophers have been you're awesome 4th place team is only 4 pts up. Can you explain that?

Can you explain the juxtaposition of "you're" for "your"?

The Rube
01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Couple of quick notes. Novak was out Saturday with a "minor" "upper body" injury. Status for this week unknown yet. Volpai is expected to be "available" if needed. I am looking forward to joining the "traditional" weekly gang on these threads, and even adding some "hockey" in with the witt, sarcasm, and attempted comedy. And the other 87% of the posts. Should be a fun series with actual flow and end to end action. DEATH to the trap!!!!!!! Go Huskies!!!!!!

Do "you" know what's "awesome?" "People" who "overuse" "quotes."

SCSU Euro
01-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Do "you" know what's "awesome?" "People" who "overuse" "quotes."

You're going after our n00bs for quotation marks?

Where are we watching the games sir, I believe I still owe you a beer.

The Rube
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
You're going after our n00bs for quotation marks?

Where are we watching the games sir, I believe I still owe you a beer.

I haven't thought that far ahead yet, good man.

And the noobs have to learn somehow.

ex_goldy
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Who did the gophers beat that was decent?

Red Cloud
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Who did the gophers beat that was decent?

FIGHTING Sioux.

ajoyce02
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Should be a couple of good games this weekend. I didn't see the Friday night UND/MN game but if the Gopher team that showed up on Saturday, Kangas in particular, shows up this weekend, they're going to have a good shot at making up some ground. It certainly won't be easy, but they've at least got a shot.

To two good games this weekend.

...And Hockey Day Minnesota on Saturday!

Dude Love
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
one good game against the Sioux, and some gopher fans think they are 100% back and are going to win the league,final five, and the ncaa's.

It's amazing how fast some teams transition from bottom-feeders to world-beaters. :)

Husky4Life
01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't know what is more fun, winning at home in front of our people, or winning at Oochi and getting the old, slow, rich folk all stirred up?