Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Good teams Do take advantage of those opportunities. Great teams create multiple chances with their playmaking and back-checking. They play great D consistently and have solid goaltending. I didn't see St. Cloud playing at the level of an NCAA championship team last night, is all I am saying. I didn't say they are bad. I just thought the original post went a little far to say that St. Cloud played the first period like a team bound for the championship game. I think there are several teams in the country that can put together a better first period, maybe even St. Cloud. The Gophers poor play was as much a factor as how well St. Cloud played. From my observations, I would bet against a St. Cloud appearance in the championship game.
    One game doesn't make a season. The Huskies have a way's to go if they want a national title this year..... This team does have the talent to play with anybody in country and if they get hot you never know. Dunn has played great this year for the most part, but let up two ugly one's last night. Lee has been shaky all year, but has been playing well as of late. They will need one of those guys to step to the plate big time if they want a WCHA or National title. The good thing is this team has put themselves in position to have a chance to do something special come the end of the year. Only time will tell.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Enough already, drop the darn puck.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        One game doesn't make a season. The Huskies have a way's to go if they want a national title this year..... This team does have the talent to play with anybody in country and if they get hot you never know. Dunn has played great this year for the most part, but let up two ugly one's last night. Lee has been shaky all year, but has been playing well as of late. They will need one of those guys to step to the plate big time if they want a WCHA or National title. The good thing is this team has put themselves in position to have a chance to do something special come the end of the year. Only time will tell.
        TB is the voice of reason.

Comment

[QUOTE=nuke;4582331]
          Originally posted by Koho View Post
          The guy didn't even say "we" or "us", (which doesn't bother me when people say it). He said "but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess". My point being, either he plays on the team, or he is a pretty pathetic person to require a bunch of college kids winning a game against a bunch of college kids to feel self-worth.QUOTE]

Lighten up Francis. It's called sarcasm. Have one of your friends explain it to you.
          I think it is your fan who jumped on me for a sarcastic comment about him being on the team is the one you need to lecture about lightening up, Skippy.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            I agree, and really that's all any team can ask for.
            I think St. Cloud also was doing that last night (at least offensively), putting themselves in position to be successful. And then completing it when the opportunity came.
            Raboin's goal was very well executed: a d-man seeing the seem, committing very deep, and then great vision by whoever it was down low to recognize him jumping to the goal like that. Those types of plays are very difficult to defend. Of course it didn't help that there were two Gophers who had their heads nailed straight ahead and didn't have any inkling that Raboin was jumping in like that.

Comment

Another weekend of craptacular play and I'll be the one with a paper bag over my head.

Comment

So Brent...when you have your picture taken with Blizzard, you have to pretend you're REALLY happy about it.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

PRIDE ON ICE
                  There is Hope . . .

Comment

Festler was great all weekend and what a game by Lee.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Grats to Jan on the sweep.

Good luck the rest of the way.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

I certainly didn't think we'd pull a sweep out of Mariucci. Nice weekend for sure.
                        St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

I guess rope-a-dope hockey works!
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

It was a big weekend for the Huskies, any time you get 4 points in this league it is important, especially when the team you are playing is the opposite result away from tying you in the league standings and has been playing very well of late. Minnesota has alot of talent on that team and, as they showed last Saturday against the Sioux, they can play as good as anyone in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                              I guess rope-a-dope hockey works!
                              Last night would have been the same if Dunn would not have sieved out.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Festler was great all weekend and what a game by Lee.
                                Lee Play played great tonight! I think Lee is going to get both games next weekend.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X