PDA

View Full Version : Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

First Time, Long Time
01-23-2010, 08:14 PM
motzko said it best today on beyong the pond. Goalies can't give up soft goals like that period..... If he doesn't give those up the Huskies win easy like tonight. I am big fan of Dan Dunn, but the team can't have play like that down the stretch.

And earlier in the year it was Lee giving up the softer ones.
They are pushing each other and that can only make both of them better.

motox
01-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I said that tongue and check.....

I figured. You never know though, Bob's tendency has been to go with 1 guy in the past but I just don't see him doing that this year. Before the game I was in the car listening to the 830AM pre-game. They interviewd Motzko and asked him about having two good goalies and the rotation. He tried explaining that Lee was starting Friday's with Dunn on Saturday's to start the year but instead he said it the other way around (Dunn Friday, Lee Saturday.) Then he said they switched to Dunn on Friday's and Lee on Saturday's after the World Jrs (which is correct.) At that point he seemed a little flustered so he said, "at this point it's just win baby!" Had to laugh when I heard that.

nuke
01-23-2010, 08:15 PM
I think it's more intelligent than the "bullsh*" chant after a questionable call, like your primitive fans chanted last night. Clearly audible on tv, too. Stay classy.

Did you catch the game tonight? Your classless ****** fans chanted the same thing!:eek:

Dude Love
01-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Did you catch the game tonight? Your classless ****** fans chanted the same thing!:eek:

Shhh...you're ruining his argument. :)

The Rube
01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
So Brent...when you have your picture taken with Blizzard, you have to pretend you're REALLY happy about it. :)

Too bad there wasn't a bet to make that happen.

Shhh...you're ruining his argument. :)

Watched it, but no audio. We had about 10-12 people at Senser's (half of which were SCSU fans, btw) and our banter was more entertaining.

Anyway, the Gophers were embarrassing this weekend. I mentioned to some people tonight that it looked like MTU was playing SCSU. :mad:

Dude Love
01-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Too bad there wasn't a bet to make that happen.

Wrong. I shot down the bacon bet because I thought it was stupid. You thought my bet was good so long as the winning person's team made the Final Five.

The Rube
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Wrong. I shot down the bacon bet because I thought it was stupid. You thought my bet was good so long as the winning person's team made the Final Five.

Ahem:

Then DL? We have no bet. Since you are out to embarrass a fellow fan, I want no part of it. :p

Euro knows how it's done. We have a beer riding on the series. A single beer. Much less important than the lb of bacon or a sixer, etc. And no matter the outcome, we'll BS about hockey and the series and not want to kill each other (or ourselves) over it. You fail. Yet again. Although you should be used to it by now, being an SCSU fan to begin with. :D

First Time, Long Time
01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
So it was ok last year when he was embarrassed in the Gopher Jersey all day Friday but you won't "be embarassed" by a picture with Blizzard?
Weenie. :)

Dude Love
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
So it was ok last year when he was embarrassed in the Gopher Jersey all day Friday but you won't "be embarassed" by a picture with Blizzard?

No kidding. Did he catch SandyVagitis from Geist?

SCSU Euro
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Watched it, but no audio. We had about 10-12 people at Senser's (half of which were SCSU fans, btw) and our banter was more entertaining.

Best part about that? Only Mitch and I went to SCSU. Jana, Abbey, Molly and Alan are all from Minneapolis and are fans who've "seen the light." We're recruiting our army one disenfranchised Gopher fan at a time. :D

Dude Love
01-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Best part about that? Only Mitch and I went to SCSU. Jana, Abbey, Molly and Alan are all from Minneapolis and are fans who've "seen the light." We're recruiting our army one disenfranchised Gopher fan at a time. :D

Just hope they didn't hurt their knees jumping off the bandwagon. ;)

The Rube
01-23-2010, 08:54 PM

Actually, he said (at the time) that he was looking forward to wearing the jersey, so he could act like a doosh. He was really pumped about wearing it. :eek:

Weird. It was fun tonight. Next time I'll make sure we sit in the better area of the restaurant, though. :mad:

I burned the bandwagon down tonight. I'm building another one from scratch.

Dirty
01-23-2010, 08:57 PM
So wait, Brent is trying to weasel out of a bet? Kind of like my AIC guy! Don't be an arsehole like him, Brent! :mad:

SCSU Euro
01-23-2010, 08:59 PM

Actually, the other three weren't really into it before, but Molly was a big hockey fan, more Wild than Gophs, but she was a Gopher fan, and she went and saw the home and home two years ago. After seeing Mariucci for the first time live, then the NHC, she knew where her allegiance was.

In all honesty, good luck to the Gophs the rest of the way. Don't really care if you lose a couple in Anchorage, but if you could go on a semi-tear the eight games after that, "Yeah... that'd be great...."

Slap Shot
01-23-2010, 09:05 PM
:mad:

The Rube
01-23-2010, 09:05 PM
So wait, Brent is trying to weasel out of a bet? Kind of like my AIC guy! Don't be an arsehole like him, Brent! :mad:

Considering I said no bet well before any of the games, there is no bet to weasel out of. And due to this most recent series, Euro and I are squared up on our beer bets. :p

Dirty
01-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Considering I said no bet well before any of the games, there is no bet to weasel out of. And due to this most recent series, Euro and I are squared up on our beer bets. :p

I've always wanted to say this....Brent, don't let your mouth write checks your arse can't cash! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stauber1
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
That was the dumbest hockey ever. Gophers played like total crap for the vast majority of the game, yet still dominated the vast majority of the game, yet never had any chance of winning. ***.

All that's left at this point is a fool's hope of a WCHA Tournament run.

Apparently you can't write WT followed by an F. That seems like an unnecessary thing to censor.

The Rube
01-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I've always wanted to say this....Brent, don't let your mouth write checks your arse can't cash! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm puzzled why you are mad about a bet that never existed. :p

And Stauber, I'm that fool. :D

Stauber1
01-23-2010, 09:14 PM
And Stauber, I'm that fool. :D

Unfortunately, so am I.