Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    So you are saying they were two "softies" he let in?
    Correct.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      1. If SCSU plays like they did in the 1st period the rest of the way, they could win the NCAA Title.
      Didn't they just do that tonight?

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Fast game. But when will the gopher offense figure out how to play together? Too many guys trying to do it all themselves. D was soft, scattered, Ness, don't stand there, hit your guy. Fischer don't skate past him, hit your guy, take him off the puck. Kangas had a good night, I'm not going to blame him when the D is sta puff.

Tomorrow night I hope the offense figures out how to pass to eachother and play and not run into eachother. The last minute was excruciating watching them move the puck around the outside and no idea how to move it in front. I'm not a believer in Hoeffel as the missing piece, there's enough talent out there with Birkholz, Carman, Lucia, Larson, to name a few. Flynn needs to get in the game, we need him.

Hats off to the Huskies, they weathered the storm.

Comment

And Fischer should never play again - he is horrible.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see someone else see's him for the fraud he is. Graduation for he and Flynn can't come soon enough.

I'd like to see Berkholtz on the ice more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
            And Fischer should never play again - he is horrible.

I'm glad to see someone else see's him for the fraud he is. Graduation for he and Flynn can't come soon enough.

I'd like to see Berkholtz on the ice more often.
            Pretty much any Gopher fan knows that Fischer sucks. And Wehrs isn't much better.

Hell, I could play better D than those guys. Of course, that just involves me hitting anything and everything, or at least getting in the way of the puck or the opponent.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

On the flip side, I think the Wild are going to be very happy with their 1st round draft choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                So you are saying they were two "softies" he let in?
                The first one was a total softie. The second one was a weird bounce. The third one was...I'm not sure what that was. But garbage goals count the same as skill goals.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Beat Anyone View Post
                  This was a huge win for Huskies
                  Beating a 7th place team at home is a huge win... really?

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    Well we didn't lose to a 7th place team at home. You can't lose to teams like that in you own rink.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                      One of the more exciting games I've seen in a long while. I'd rather the team just put it away in the second instead of having the usual meltdown, but it worked out in the end.

And it was great to meet jazzam and hang out with him during the game.
                      Good times, just got home from Cloud. It is real icy out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        Yep, it isn't big because of who they beat. It has more to do with the time of year and where they are in the standings and where this puts them.

Comment

Anytime you can defeat the Gophers in hockey it is a big win for a WCHA team. Nice win by the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                            Yep, it isn't big because of who they beat. It has more to do with the time of year and where they are in the standings and where this puts them.
                            I would suspect most SCSU fans primarily want to beat the Gophers because of their long standing rivalry with the UMN and secondly position in the standings. It makes them feel like they finally have a meaningful existence. For Gopher fans, SCSU is not much of a rivalry. They're more like a nuisance.

Comment

Opening line from the FSN Broadcast tonight . . . "Rivalry Renewed"
                              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                SCSU won the Super Bowl. Wheeee.
                                Yeah... except not at all. Ask a 20 year old SCSU student, they'll say this was the biggest win of the year for us. But winning in Grand Forks and Denver were way more impressive. The only case you can make for this being a big win is because it was our most recent, 'cause this time of year every single game is the biggest game of the year. In a couple weeks last night's game won't matter much, especially bc I don't see us needing any tiebreaker to seperate us from the Gophers this year.

In years past, yeah, it was special to beat the Gophers. That's when they were a good team. This year, taking 3 of 4 from Duluth is more to hang your hat on than if we sweep the Gophers.

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                For Gopher fans, SCSU is not much of a rivalry. They're more like a nuisance.
                                Exactly. Its easy to see why you're annoyed when your in-state, little sister of a school that doesn't get a quarter of the big name recruits you do has a chance tonight to finish a sweep on your ice and go up 8 points with 10 games to play .
                                Last edited by SCSU Euro; 01-23-2010, 07:57 AM.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X