PDA

View Full Version : Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Vicar
01-23-2010, 11:42 AM
As much as seeing that happening, I don't want that to happen. That game was scary last night even with the 3-0 lead.

Gee, if you can't handle that maybe the Huskies should drop out of the WCHA. Maybe the MIAC would take us? Bring em on!

SCSU Euro
01-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Works for me! ;)

I think SCSU's goal has to be top 3. Barring a late surge/huge dropoff, UAA, MSU-M and MTU are the bottom 3 teams. You get a top 3 finish, you get one of them, and I don't think any of those three this year can win a playoff series. But you finish 4th or 5th, you're most likely getting awarded hosting, well any of the other squads not mentioned, and as it stands right now, quite possibly UND or MN. As bad as both of them have played at times, if they get hot, particularly their goalies, at the right time, they could steal 2 out of 3.

STCHuskies
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
You may have singlehandidly taken this thread from sucking to salvagable.

titanic. ship. salvage.
oh lordie

startthebus
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Last night wasn't just a one night stand.

SCSU Beat Anyone
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Gee, if you can't handle that maybe the Huskies should drop out of the WCHA. Maybe the MIAC would take us? Bring em on!

I like when we play the Gophers, but I can always see Huskies blowing a huge lead. Especially when they go into that stupid defense sh*t that never works. Except I got to say, they haven't been doing it much this year.

SCSU Euro
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Last night wasn't just a one night stand.

Sorry to break it to you... when he sobers up he's not gonna call you.

The Vicar
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
"We want them on that wall, we need them on that wall!" We exist under the very blanket of hockey bliss that the rodents provide. We either say thankyou or pick up an attitude and defend our honor, either way I don't give a !@#$% what they're entitled to! :p

Koho
01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
1. If SCSU plays like they did in the 1st period the rest of the way, they could win the NCAA Title.

I hate to tell you, but I really wasn't that impressed with their play. They executed when the Gophs made horrible play after horrible play when they weren't even being pressured much. They played well, but not great. And MN had poor defensive coverage. It wasn't like MN was outplayed by a team that controlled the play with superior play and effort. Playing well and taking advantage of some of the opponents many mistakes and lackadaisical play is a long ways away from being a team that will win the NCAA. It is unlikely that four NCAA tourney teams will come out and hand St. Cloud a period or two like MN did.

startthebus
01-23-2010, 12:14 PM
What were the Wild thinking drafting Leddy...He really looked like he had no idea what was going on last night.

I'll go ahead and assume that the crowd got to him.

Driftryder
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM
What were the Wild thinking drafting Leddy...He really looked like he had no idea what was going on last night.

I'll go ahead and assume that the crowd got to him.

Leddy is one of our better defensemen and I thought he moved the puck just fine last night, the D as a whole played terrible in the 1st period and got slightly better as the game went on. I don't think Leddy is our problem.

Koho
01-23-2010, 12:18 PM
... but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess.

WOW! So you play on the team?

STCHuskies
01-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I hate to tell you, but I really wasn't that impressed with their play. They executed when the Gophs made horrible play after horrible play when they weren't even being pressured much. They played well, but not great. And MN had poor defensive coverage. It wasn't like MN was outplayed by a team that controlled the play with superior play and effort. Playing well and taking advantage of some of the opponents many mistakes and lackadaisical play is a long ways away from being a team that will win the NCAA. It is unlikely that four NCAA tourney teams will come out and hand St. Cloud a period or two like MN did.

SCSU has finishers. A defensive mistake will usually end up in the net. Most teams are going to give up a few of those in a game...and that's how it happens dear.

SCSU Euro
01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Leddy is one of our better defensemen and I thought he moved the puck just fine last night, the D as a whole played terrible in the 1st period and got slightly better as the game went on. I don't think Leddy is our problem.

Uh... when stb tries to talk hockey, I'd ignore the posts. When he talks popped collars and clubs...that's when I'd respond.

SCSU has finishers. A defensive mistake will usually end up in the net.

To be fair, I'd say that they often end up in the net, but we have our own fair share of instances where we don't finish good opportunities. Luckily, we buried them in the 1st last night.

motox
01-23-2010, 12:52 PM

Yeah, because good teams never take advantage of the opportunities they're given in a game. The Huskies had opportunities and buried them, that's what good teams do. The gophers had plenty of opportunities to score but didn't finish, that's what struggling teams do. At times the gophers did it to themselves and at times the Huskies forced the bad plays. In the first period the Huskies D was pressing deep into the offensive zone, moreso than I've ever seen from them in the past. It was a welcomed change and provided results. Maybe they pulled the reigns back after being up 3-0 but I hope they come out the same way tonight.

I personally can't stand when people make a comment like this. It's perfectly acceptable for someone to use "we" or "our" when talking about the team they support. Of course when you're bitter and upset about having an inferior team it's understandable that you need to find anything to complain about.

Last point, someone said the Huskies letting off the gas hasn't been happening as much this season. Oh yes it has. Fortunately they have the talent this year to hold on and get the close wins after letting a team back in the game. They have not done a good job of putting teams away when they have a chance and hopefully down the stretch run they can start to figure that out.

nuke
01-23-2010, 12:53 PM

Yeah, you didn't know that? :rolleyes:

Skeeterman
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
At Mary Oochie, do they still do that mentally challenged, lamest cheer in college hockey? You know, the one where if they happen to score, they show their limited intelligence and lack of creativity by spelling the name of our state? I didn't hear it at the NHC last night. Of course, most of their fans have jumped off the bandwagon already.

startthebus
01-23-2010, 01:42 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs214.snc3/22161_1352765376862_1163244680_31121448_879872_n.j pg

Wooooooooooooog!

The Rube
01-23-2010, 01:58 PM
At Mary Oochie, do they still do that mentally challenged, lamest cheer in college hockey? You know, the one where if they happen to score, they show their limited intelligence and lack of creativity by spelling the name of our state? I didn't hear it at the NHC last night. Of course, most of their fans have jumped off the bandwagon already.

I think it's more intelligent than the "bullsh*" chant after a questionable call, like your primitive fans chanted last night. Clearly audible on tv, too. Stay classy.

Skeeterman
01-23-2010, 02:06 PM
M = Mediocrity

The Rube
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
M = Mediocrity

StC: sucks the (rooster)