Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

I suggest that those "offended" by the word suck take a road trip to watch a Michigan Wolverines game at Yost Arena. Ask SCSU fans about them from their matchup with them a few years back in the NCAA's. Take in an Eagles or Jets home game. Try a Red Sox game. Any ACC hoops game. Or how about any fun and exciting venue in sports. F-bombs should go away, but suck, come on. That would suck

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
      Really, so Mich Tech and UAA are "rivals" and next year UNO will become a rival? Interesting to learn how the rodent fans think.

Now you're sounding like Sioux fans living in the past. Your team hasn't been good since Woog's guys left.
      And SCSU hasn't been good since....well....ummm.....ahhh...anyway, GAME DAY IS HERE!

For the Gophers it's an opportunity to validate their recent success, even if it's against an opponent they absolutely own. For the Gophers, playing SCSU in hockey is like playing chess against Paris Hilton.

For SCSU, it's The Biggest Weekend Of The Year. Not even an NCAA berth for a 9th opportunity to be NCAA fluffers would garner as much excitment as tonight at the NCC. Regardless of the outcomes this weekend, on Monday, it's all downhill for SCSU.

Go Gophers!
      "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Keep telling yourself that Go4.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Really, so Mich Tech and UAA are "rivals" and next year UNO will become a rival? Interesting to learn how the rodent fans think.

Now you're sounding like Sioux fans living in the past. Your team hasn't been good since Woog's guys left.
          Everyone thinks they are a rival when they are trying to beat the best (historically).... Just like Sioux are our biggest rival (even though the U does hold the advantage). The all time series against SCSU is 47-23-12 and 7-2-1 in the last 10.... All in favor of the Gophers..... And I would say the Michigan Tech is more of a rival than Saint Cloud, frankly because Tech HAS WON 3 NATIONAL TITLES (including one against the Gophers) and well frankly SCSU can only hope a PRAY they get an NCAA win in their lifetime until you can win a playoff game..... move along Cindy
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
            And SCSU hasn't been good since....well....ummm.....ahhh...anyway, GAME DAY IS HERE!

For the Gophers it's an opportunity to validate their recent success, even if it's against an opponent they absolutely own. For the Gophers, playing SCSU in hockey is like playing chess against Paris Hilton.

For SCSU, it's The Biggest Weekend Of The Year. Not even an NCAA berth for a 9th opportunity to be NCAA fluffers would garner as much excitment as tonight at the NCC. Regardless of the outcomes this weekend, on Monday, it's all downhill for SCSU.

Go Gophers!
            I will give you last year. If it wasn't for us you guys would have sucked the big one. But in the Motzko era, 5-2-3 before last years fluke. Far from owning anything. But for now, the one thing you own is 7th place, 3 points clear of Anchorage. And hopefully you own a loss at around 9:45pm tonight. Go Huskies!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
              I will give you last year. If it wasn't for us you guys would have sucked the big one. But in the Motzko era, 5-2-3 before last years fluke. Far from owning anything. But for now, the one thing you own is 7th place, 3 points clear of Anchorage. And hopefully you own a loss at around 9:45pm tonight. Go Huskies!!!!!
              And after woopin Dogs all weekend the Gophers will be in 4th (as long as DU does their job) and taking all the tie breakers with them as they head on past you..... and turing the CLUSTER F U C K of a first 1/2 on it's head.
              - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
              Go you Green and White
              Go Bemidji Beavers
              Fight with all your might!
              Rah! Rah! Rah!
              We are here to cheer you
              We are out to win your fame,
              So, Go Bemidji Beavers
              Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

I'll be chanting "Sieve, You Suck" tonight, if any of the ****** bags in the dog pound (Yes, there are a lot of ****** bags in the dog pound) try to correct me, they will be hearing it.

Comment

Now this is a little more of what I was expecting on this thread. Let's be honest, the Huskies haven't been really good since the '01 team. They've had a few decent squads in there but that's about it. They WILL get their first NCAA win in the next two years.

This weekend is important for WCHA standings (and pairwise.) Is it a little sweeter seeing the gophers in the rear view mirror? Of course, but that has more to do with their fanbase than anything else. Notice how quiet this thread has been with the terrible start to the season the gophers have had. The fans are slowly starting to come out of the woodwork but rest assured they will be in hiding once again after this weekend.

Comment

• Given both of these games and the game on Sunday, by boss has officially deemed today F.O.F., which basically means "slack off this day of the week".

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                    I'll be chanting "Sieve, You Suck" tonight, if any of the ****** bags in the dog pound (Yes, there are a lot of ****** bags in the dog pound) try to correct me, they will be hearing it.
                    Ah, you're gonna frighten them with the pink popped collar.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                      It's already been said that it isn't being changed for this series. Why don't you be productive while you're there and lead a few other cheers that are actually creative?

Comment

It's already been said that it isn't being changed for this series. Why don't you be productive while you're there and lead a few other cheers that are actually creative?

Yeah why don't you start the F you Morris chant.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Now this is a little more of what I was expecting on this thread. Let's be honest, the Huskies haven't been really good since the '01 team. They've had a few decent squads in there but that's about it. They WILL get their first NCAA win in the next two years.

This weekend is important for WCHA standings (and pairwise.) Is it a little sweeter seeing the gophers in the rear view mirror? Of course, but that has more to do with their fanbase than anything else. Notice how quiet this thread has been with the terrible start to the season the gophers have had. The fans are slowly starting to come out of the woodwork but rest assured they will be in hiding once again after this weekend.
                          It's been quiet due to the absence of a Husky win over the Gophers for over a year.

What else can SCSU fans possible chirp about?
                          "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            Yeah why don't you start the F you Morris chant.
                            Personally I think you should go with "Beaver Rejects." Works on so many levels for team goldy. Although any team playing Bemidji could actually chant Huskie rejects and it would be true.

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPSkBAIf0yI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPSkBAIf0yI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Wait, did that article say "WCHA Rivals?" That's crazy talk.

Kangas, I'd just worry about the 4 goals you're going to give up tonight. Whatever the chant, we know you'll be hearing "Sieve" often!
                                I'm more concerned that we're apparently playing the game in Blaine tonight. After all, that is where the National Sports Center is.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X