PDA

View Full Version : Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

ScoobyDoo
01-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Dunn played well.

Yeah, whatever. I saw pucks hitting glass and missing the net A LOT. Just like usual.

First Time, Long Time
01-22-2010, 09:38 PM
SCSU won the Super Bowl. Wheeee.

At least one Minnesota team can. ;)

First Time, Long Time
01-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Dunn played well.

1st and 3rd yes, 2nd not so much.

Husckey Domi Nation
01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Dunn was scary in the 2nd period. Ugly goals, but . . .

Husckeys ranked 5th Pairwise, third place in Conference.

Should be fun to watch Lee complete the Sweep in dinkytown.

The Rube
01-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Amended.

I'm a bit angry right now.

GopherBigGuy911
01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Listening to Duluth get SMOKED by BSU ALMOST makes up for the Gopher loss :p

HumRsky
01-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, we survived our nightly terrible period again. Our luck will run out sooner, not later, if we don't get that fixed.

Husckey Domi Nation
01-22-2010, 09:46 PM
And SCSU hasn't been good since....well....ummm.....ahhh...anyway, GAME DAY IS HERE!

For the Gophers it's an opportunity to validate their recent success, even if it's against an opponent they absolutely own. For the Gophers, playing SCSU in hockey is like playing chess against Paris Hilton.

For SCSU, it's The Biggest Weekend Of The Year. Not even an NCAA berth for a 9th opportunity to be NCAA fluffers would garner as much excitment as tonight at the NCC. Regardless of the outcomes this weekend, on Monday, it's all downhill for SCSU.

Go Gophers!

Dream on goofer.:rolleyes:

motox
01-22-2010, 09:48 PM
SCSU won the Super Bowl. Wheeee.

Whatever you have to tell yourselves to feel better about the loss.

Dunn played well.

He made some big saves but he also let in two softies. Especialy Lucia's goal.

ScoobyDoo
01-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Whatever you have to tell yourselves to feel better about the loss.

Sorry, don't feel any better. Try again.

Bakunin
01-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, we survived our nightly terrible period again. Our luck will run out sooner, not later, if we don't get that fixed.
MN should change their offensive strategy and just fire pucks from bad angles. They clearly can't score from the middle of the *'ing slot.

And Fischer should never play again - he is horrible.

SCSU Euro
01-22-2010, 10:09 PM
He made some big saves but he also let in two softies. Especialy Lucia's goal.

What two softies? The first was soft, though it happens even to the best from time to time. The second deflected off a skate, what was he supposed to do there? And the third was Gophers getting the puck into the crease, then banging it home before we could pop it out. I know Dunn ended up putting it in, but I wouldn't call that soft.

motox
01-22-2010, 10:12 PM
And Fischer should never play again - he is horrible.

I'll agree with that. He did look pretty horrible. For the Huskies Taylor Johnson seemed to be a little anxious out there a few times and Hanowski was definitely holding on to the stick too tight.

Huskies goals were goal scorer goals. Gophers not so much but it really doesn't matter how they go in. Tomorrow should be another great game.

motox
01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
What two softies? The first was soft, though it happens even to the best from time to time. The second deflected off a skate, what was he supposed to do there? And the third was Gophers getting the puck into the crease, then banging it home before we could pop it out. I know Dunn ended up putting it in, but I wouldn't call that soft.

First one was horrible, should never happen. Wasn't the second one deflected up off his own stick and over his shoulder? Maybe not but that's what I thought I saw. I probably missed a few of the replays. He looked shaky in the 2nd period after letting that first one in. Glad he stepped up in the 3rd. He's been doing that all year.

The Rube
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
First one was horrible, should never happen. Wasn't the second one deflected up off his own stick and over his shoulder? Maybe not but that's what I thought I saw. I probably missed a few of the replays. He looked shaky in the 2nd period after letting that first one in. Glad he stepped up in the 3rd. He's been doing that all year.

That's what the second one did.

And SCCC exposed every flaw in MN's ahem...."defense."

To me, it seemed like the 3rd period looked like a standard 1st period: hesitant, feeling out each other (how the opponent is defending/attacking), etc. The first two periods were just pressure pressure pressure by both sides. Just going balls out.

Dude Love
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
1. If SCSU plays like they did in the 1st period the rest of the way, they could win the NCAA Title.

2. If they play like they did in the 2nd period, they might not make the playoffs.

5mn_Major
01-22-2010, 10:24 PM
If they play with the same intensity, I gotta figure the Gophs have a pretty good chance to win. Switch to Minneapolis, strong end to the game tonight while coming up short and SCSU is now PWR 4...the Gophs know this.

First Time, Long Time
01-22-2010, 10:24 PM
It was almost like they blew their wad in the first. Thankfully Eddy kept going in the second.

Dude Love
01-22-2010, 10:29 PM
If they play with the same intensity, I gotta figure the Gophs have a pretty good chance to win. Switch to Minneapolis, strong end to the game tonight while coming up short and SCSU is now PWR 4...the Gophs know this.

I'd say the Gophers would have home ice advantage, but they could play in an empty arena and it'd be the same atmosphere.

Also, I got a kick out of how the Gopher can spell...but they can't count so good. :D

motox
01-22-2010, 10:29 PM
To me, it seemed like the 3rd period looked like a standard 1st period: hesitant, feeling out each other (how the opponent is defending/attacking), etc. The first two periods were just pressure pressure pressure by both sides. Just going balls out.

Agreed, action was up and down the first two periods. Huskies really buried the chances they had in the first. Fortunately the goofs made a number of mistakes but our D was really up into the offensive zone in the 1st putting pressure on. They need to keep that up.