Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I was standing on the rail
    ME TOO!!! At the blue line.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      Does anybody remember the home NCAA playoff series to make it to the frozen four in Lake Placid, maybe in '88? I was 12, and I think it was before they blew the sides out on Alfond, when it got LOUD in there. The end of the clinching game was just five minutes of the loudest noise I have ever heard. It lowered slightly when whoever we were playing scored an inconsequential goal, and picked right back up again before the ensuing faceoff. Just constant, and so loud I can't describe it.

The only thing that broke it up was the Lake Placid chant... half the arena did "LAKE!!!!" and the other half countered with "PLACID!!!" When's the last time the ENTIRE building was screaming a chant in unison? God, I love it.
      Right year Mr. Kenney, and Lake Placid is still my favorite FF experience. Thanks for reminding us how old we are compared to you!

That series vs. Bowling Green was vs. Mr. Jerry York!

Comment

Section V, Row 7

And one year later, we would defeat Providence in OT to go St. Paul. That scene was totally crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          Thanks for reminding us how old we are compared to you!
          At least I was old enough to remember it clearly. The best experience I ever had in Alfond, easy.

Comment

Originally posted by bananasformainehockey View Post
            As for the fans, most coming from the non-mainiac section in the balcony, they were pathetic!!! Over the course of 20 plus years I have been known in my early days to be among the most vocal, but throwing crap on the ice is just awful! Time for a U.Maine policeman up there. We were sitting below them in the 2nd row just behind the net, and had stuff from above flying down on us too!

I would like to say as a student that there are far worse things than throwing stuff on the ice. I am in my third year at UM, which means after coming in thinking I would be watching Frozen Four caliber teams, I've watch Maine in two losing seasons, the frustration has building for that long. Although I was not one to throw the towels on the ice because I know the rules of possible bench misconduct, I think it was awesome that we had something to celebrate, and we did. Before this season, I might have only seen 6-8 home wins, and I've been to every home game that hasn't been over break in the last two seasons. Also in the student sections defense, once the message was played of the possibility of a penalty was played, ALL but one person stopped, and that person was boo'd as loud as Johnny Damon's return to Fenway as a yankee. That's what I have to say.
            GO BLUE!!!
            I was sitting to your right in section II, 3 rows off the ice. Most of the debris landed in front of our section. Coincidence? I think not lol. I really had a great time at the game even though my Wildcats lost. The arena was ROCKING, it reminded me of the old Snively Arena. The students were LOUD and the band was great.

Comment

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...ajor/index.php

Cool interview with Tanner House.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                Right year Mr. Kenney, and Lake Placid is still my favorite FF experience. Thanks for reminding us how old we are compared to you!

That series vs. Bowling Green was vs. Mr. Jerry York!
                And Rob Blake and Nelson Emerson....two very good hawkey players.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
                  Section V, Row 7

And one year later, we would defeat Providence in OT to go St. Paul. That scene was totally crazy.
                  Yep, I think that game was the loudest I can remember. PC's vaunted BBG line.....PC was on fire coming into that series.....we doused em.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    And Levieille (sp?) fanned on a puck sliding across the crease...
                    I had to toss his mother out of my seats two games in a row at Conte. She pretended she didn't speak English.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      I had to toss his mother out of my seats two games in a row at Conte. She pretended she didn't speak English.
                      With all the empty seats, she probably just assumed it was admission générale.

Comment

I was up in the corner balcony, not sure of the section, on the side with the benches, and when the game was over, I turned to my buddy Jim and said, "So, you wanna go to Lake Placid?"

We didn't have tickets, drove out there the next Thursday night, walked up to the box office and bought a pair, then went and got a hotel room. How things have changed since then.

Saw so many people we knew over the course of that weekend, which we spent pretty much perpetually drunk. My favorite FF experience as well, and the only thing that marred it was there wasn't enough snow left to be able to go on the bobsled run.
                        Last edited by rufus; 02-10-2010, 08:23 PM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

AWESOME memories from Section V in the late 80s and the trip to Lake Placid! Those are special moments and memories in UMaine hockey history!

Comment

Originally posted by bananasformainehockey View Post
                            Oh I'll keep them in line, anyone else going to Agganis this weekend?

Yep, Friday

Comment

If anyone is buying tickets on ticketmaster, use the promo code "save" for this weekend's games against BU. It will save you $8 a ticket, so it's almost as if ticketmaster has no fees. what a rip off they are.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                She probably didn't!(Her son spoke nearly no English when he arrived at Maine,if the reports are correct.One would have to assume that she spoke even less.)

There's an especially hot poker in Hell reserved for guys who are mean to nice old ladies...Be forewarned!

Comment

Working...
                                X