X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2nd official 09-10 Maine season thread

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Hey uh... priceless... you know the history of these pages on wikipedia is still available as versions get edited.
    If someone really wants to go back and find it, go for it. Like I have anything to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
      I know...the whole concept of it is pretty lame

As if it isn't (you said it best) spineless enough to hide behind a relatively anonymous internet forum and say things you wouldn't have the coconuts to say if you were face to face....but to one up it...you say it in a way where it doesn't even carry a user handle?

These are the same people who write e-mails instead of making phone calls when they have a problem with someone....or when they have a disagreeable conflict at work just blast the other person behind their back, but secretly fear confrontation. It's just juvenile passive-aggression....but hey, whatever inflates their self esteem for a few seconds.

If you wouldn't say it to someones face....don't say it!
      What he said.

I hate the entire concept of "rep"...It's middle-school s***.You can almost figure out the emotional age of people on this board,just by dint of them "repping" anything.If you either agree or disagree with a given post,you can just reply on the thread,last I checked.No need to hide away and snipe like a coward.

There ought to be two USCHO sites,one for both the under 16 set,and the other for those of us who recognize that a mere difference of opinion regarding college hockey does not necessarily constitute anything aside from a mere difference of opinion.We are not solving the riddle of cold-fusion here;we are talking hockey.

(OK,bring on the red,little boys! )
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-02-2010, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Well you know....let's put faces with the comments....anyone have enough dignity to own up to this one? It was one of my favorites:

Are you ******** with this polls/exhibition stuff? A lot of people seem to understand it but you don't. Leave the thinking up to someone else and shut up.

Care to actually CONVERSE on the subject rather than hitting from behind and running? Are these the words you would use if we were having this chat over a beer? Are you old enough to DRINK a beer legally?!

Don't you know if you pass secret notes in class....the teacher might read it out loud?!

Comment

If you want to know who is sending you rep, the solution is easy. Just get Extra. Of course, some people have anonymity even behind their screen name. I wonder if anyone here would still say he wished me dead if he was face to face in a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
            Well you know....let's put faces with the comments....anyone have enough dignity to own up to this one? It was one of my favorites:

Are you ******** with this polls/exhibition stuff? A lot of people seem to understand it but you don't. Leave the thinking up to someone else and shut up.

Care to actually CONVERSE on the subject rather than hitting from behind and running? Are these the words you would use if we were having this chat over a beer? Are you old enough to DRINK a beer legally?!

Don't you know if you pass secret notes in class....the teacher might read it out loud?!
            word to the wise from DrewS
            do not let this stuff bother you....

you gotta consider the source... I mean, if a 4 year old called you a name on the playground, would you get angry, or sort of chuckle?

you sound like me about 4 years ago... when I complained that people on here would rather correct your spelling and grammar than actually discuss the issue (recently someone pointed out that my autospellcheck chose "us" instead of "is" and "if" instead of "of".. and did not comment on the topic... things have not changed, and they are not going to)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
              HEY, you're lucky I did not say that you were bred from a horny giant panda and a HongKong call girl on Jeff Jackson's page... do you EVER count your blessings?

tf?
              You do realize the IP address was logged, right? It'd be a real shame if a hacker used that information to infect the computer in question with a virus...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                You do realize the IP address was logged, right? It'd be a real shame if a hacker used that information to infect the computer in question with a virus...
                well aware that it was logged, that is why I used a super-secret server, only known by Interpol and Hokydad and myself and proxied from MY IP address into a different IP address (the one that was logged) to leave the message.

either that, or it wasn't me, handsome. and besides, I thought your name was spelled with an e at the end.... check your reps.
                Last edited by KnowItAll; 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Does anybody remember when Dee is projected to return?

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                    Does anybody remember when Dee is projected to return?
                    i think they initially said 2-4 weeks and iirc, he was injured in the Merrimack game....

Comment

They said 2-4 weeks for Dee on Jan 14th. I hope he can be back this weekend, he was looking pretty good before he got injured. Reminds me a bit of Blake Wheeler.

Comment

Last week in Vermont they were hoping for the UNH weekend at Maine...but sounded like it could very well be the week after when they go to BU....they said he was having pain skating last week.....

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                          Last week in Vermont they were hoping for the UNH weekend at Maine...but sounded like it could very well be the week after when they go to BU....they said he was having pain skating last week.....

Last night on the coach's show Robby stated that he is skating and it is feeling better every day and he is expecting to be cleared to play this weekend, which came as a surprise to Tim. Don't know if this is info that came from Paul Culina or just wishful thinking on Dee's part.

Comment

Originally posted by john g View Post
                            Last night on the coach's show Robby stated that he is skating and it is feeling better every day and he is expecting to be cleared to play this weekend, which came as a surprise to Tim. Don't know if this is info that came from Paul Culina or just wishful thinking on Dee's part.
                            I rather see him as close to 100% as possible then to hurry him back. He looked like the guy the Minnie fans said he was going to be when he first came here.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I rather see him as close to 100% as possible then to hurry him back. He looked like the guy the Minnie fans said he was going to be when he first came here.
                              Me too. If he's really ready this weekend, that could be a nice lift. I love the chemistry between him and Abbott.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                                They said 2-4 weeks for Dee on Jan 14th. I hope he can be back this weekend, he was looking pretty good before he got injured. Reminds me a bit of Blake Wheeler.
                                are you saying that because you knew that they were linemates growing up? or was that off the cuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X