Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BGSU @ NMU, Jan 15/16: Oh, yeah, we have these games, too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGSU @ NMU, Jan 15/16: Oh, yeah, we have these games, too...

Oh, hey, so we have games this weekend, too, and not just a random Tuesday tilt.

NMU is coming off a 65 minute makeout session with our ugly sister who goes to a certain engineering school in the western UP. BGSU was swept by tOSU. (Sorry, I've got nothing creative about that.)

Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: BGSU @ NMU, Jan 15/16: Oh, yeah, we have these games, too...

To put it frankly, BGSU sucks. NMU has only 4 losses in the last 16 games. Should be an easy sweep.

Friday

NMU 5
    BGSU 1

Saturday

NMU 4
    BGSU 0
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Picdiva, you've actually been quite funny lately with your postings over on the MTU thread and here. There is hope for you...

These are big games this weekend. I'm looking forward to a strong showing and some great hockey from the Wildcats. Go Cats!!!

Comment

Definitely excited to be making my first trip to Marquette this hockey season. While BG is certainly struggling this season, they do have some play makers to watch out for, particularly the freshman Jordan Samuels-Thomas. If NMU decides to not play down to the opponent, they should be fine, although the Falcons certainly have the tools to steal one.

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
          Definitely excited to be making my first trip to Marquette this hockey season. While BG is certainly struggling this season, they do have some play makers to watch out for, particularly the freshman Jordan Samuels-Thomas. If NMU decides to not play down to the opponent, they should be fine, although the Falcons certainly have the tools to steal one.
          Isn't it dispicalbe that we have a reputation for "playing down" to opponents. If we played the same against every team, we probably win the CCHA every year. I'm looking forward to the Ferris State series coming up.
          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

A little more than 2.5 hours til faceoff. The Cats need to come out flying and maintain momentum. Don't let BGSU hang around all game long.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

I think we've set the record for fewest posts in a thread for an upcoming series.
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

6-0 game and a fight reminiscent of Tech. Folks got their money's worth tonight.

Fun one to watch. Just hope it isn't a 2-1 nail-biter tomorrow.

BG could not buy a goal as the game went on, a few posts and one that squirted across the crease.
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                  To put it frankly, BGSU sucks. NMU has only 4 losses in the last 16 games. Should be an easy sweep.

Friday

NMU 5
                  BGSU 1

Saturday

NMU 4
                  BGSU 0
                  At least I was right on the game total for goals.
                  TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                    Oh, hey, so we have games this weekend, too, and not just a random Tuesday tilt.

NMU is coming off a 65 minute makeout session with our ugly sister who goes to a certain engineering school in the western UP. BGSU was swept by tOSU. (Sorry, I've got nothing creative about that.)

Discuss.
                    WESTERN U.P.? I always thought it was our UGLY SISTER from the North....

Anyway, couldn't catch the game tonight because we were busy, but I'm happy with the outcome.

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                      6-0 game and a fight reminiscent of Tech. Folks got their money's worth tonight.

Fun one to watch. Just hope it isn't a 2-1 nail-biter tomorrow.

BG could not buy a goal as the game went on, a few posts and one that squirted across the crease.
                      Any video for this somewhere...I miss brawls at the Berry....

Comment

Good game tonight, came out hard and kept the pressure on. One thing that worried me was the undisciplined penalties NMU took, but the penalty kill looked strong. As long as they come out hard again tomorrow, the 'Cats should be able to complete the sweep against what will be a very depleted Falcon squad.

Comment

Good game for the Cats tonight. It looks like maybe someone on the team has stepped up and motivated. It's about time is all I can say. Or, it could just be that BGSU is a terrible hockey team. If NMU gets a win tomorrow night maybe they can still rescue whats left of the season, that tie with Tech really hurts though...

Comment

Originally posted by northwindsports View Post
                            Good game tonight, came out hard and kept the pressure on. One thing that worried me was the undisciplined penalties NMU took, but the penalty kill looked strong. As long as they come out hard again tomorrow, the 'Cats should be able to complete the sweep against what will be a very depleted Falcon squad.
                            Hey, I have a question. Is this season the season where the North Wind finally steps up and demands Walt's ouster if the team falters down the stretch and falls below .500. The last couple of guys they had refused to say anything negative about the coaching staff at all, even when they deserved it. It's a sad reality that journalists seem to get cozy with the team.

P.S. - if you are the editor of the sports section (I'm pretty sure you are), you should have switched number 1 and 2 in your top 5 sports moments. Anytime a team from NMU beats a number 1 ranked team it should be the top moment of the year.
                            Last edited by boot_walt_kyle; 01-15-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                              Hey, I have a question. Is this season the season where the North Wind finally steps up and demands Walt's ouster if the team falters down the stretch and falls below .500. The last couple of guys they had refused to say anything negative about the coaching staff at all, even when they deserved it. It's a sad reality that journalists seem to get cozy with the team.

P.S. - if you are the editor of the sports section (I'm pretty sure you are), you should have switched number 1 and 2 in your top 5 sports moments. Anytime a team from NMU beats a number 1 ranked team it should be the top moment of the year.
                              First of all, I pondered the order of those two for a good while. What it ultimately came down to was the fact that the basketball game was over break and very few students were even aware of it. That's what I decided, anyway. I do see where you're coming from.

It doesn't matter what past writers at the NW did in regards to the team, because the situation as it is right now does not call for criticism. If you want to talk about realities with me, watch the team that actually takes the ice, instead of creating a hypothetical Wildcat squad to bolster your arguments. I stood by the team in a column earlier this year, and so far I have been proven right.

Comment

Working...
                              X