Potsdam vs Elmira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potsdam vs Elmira

So the Bears next stop is "the house that Ballgame built" in Elmira. They will be facing their old coach, who many of the Bears players feel left them high and dry (from what I have heard). I'm sure it will be a pretty emotional game. Thoughts?

Re: Potsdam vs Elmira

If they let their emotions get in the way, they're in for a long night I think they will need to concentrate on playing hockey, Saul knows what HE recruited and what he faces.
    Should be a good game.
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Wish I could be at the game on Friday. Potsdam and Elmira games have been fun for quite a few years now with the history the two schools share with Thomaris and Saul playing/coaching on both sides and now Saul coming back to Elmira after Ceglarski stepped down.

This would actually be a pretty good weekend of hockey to be able to attend with this game and then the Cortland game (with a stop at a real A&W) on Saturday. Darn job getting into the way of hockey season!

Alas I'll try and listen or watch live stats for the Cortland game on Saturday if time permits.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Potsdam vs Elmira has always been a interesting game to watch over the past few seasons.
        First Coach Thomaris returned to Potsdam to coach the Bears after leaving Elmira. Coach Saul likewise, as both gentlemen began their careers as ***'t Coaches with the Bears.
        Elmira is a great program which I hold alot of respect for and their fans. Whom I have had the opportunity to enjoy a warm fire with a few years ago in Lake Placid. Very sincere and passionate fans.
        The past few seasons the games between Potsdam and Elmira have been hard fought contests. A win by the Bears would be a great way to jump back into SUNYAC play.
        Personally, I don't think Potsdam needs any extra motivation to play hard against a great program such as Elmira.
        Firebush, since you are quite familar with both programs, I wonder where your loyalties lie?
        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Let me recover after getting hit by that bus, thanks Saints17.... Even though I have a deep respect for Coach Saul, I can't say the same about Elmira. I am going to have to go with the Bears. On a side note any of you who are going to the game shoule stop by The Elbow Room. Best wings in town and former coach Ceglarski would serve you a cold one. For those not in attendance I heard that Elmira is going webcast the game.

Comment

Originally posted by firebush View Post
            For those not in attendance I heard that Elmira is going webcast the game.
            Video or just audio?

I know the Potsdam radio station is not covering this game being it's just a one-game road trip.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I'm not sure. All I know is that it is through Elmira. I'll see if I can find out.

Comment

Let me recover after getting hit by that bus, thanks Saints17.... Even though I have a deep respect for Coach Saul, I can't say the same about Elmira. I am going to have to go with the Bears. On a side note any of you who are going to the game shoule stop by The Elbow Room. Best wings in town and former coach Ceglarski would serve you a cold one. For those not in attendance I heard that Elmira is going webcast the game.
                Going with the Bears then I'd have to say I hope you chock on one of those wings

Comment

I'm not sure. All I know is that it is through Elmira. I'll see if I can find out.
                  All of Elmira's home games, all season, have been webstreamed on video. All you have to do to see it live is pay fasthockey.com $6.99... more than the price of attendance at the game
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    All of Elmira's home games, all season, have been webstreamed on video. All you have to do to see it live is pay fasthockey.com $6.99... more than the price of attendance at the game
                    Yes but you get to watch it from the comfort of your own home!

and according to you COMFORT is important since you said the Domes was the coldest arena you've ever been in!
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      If you can get two or three people to watch ...

Norwich's video stream is free...never watched it, but it's free
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Yes but you get to watch it from the comfort of your own home!

and according to you COMFORT is important since you said the Domes was the coldest arena you've ever been in!
                        I said it was the coldest I'd been in, but I never said it would keep me from going back! (It might keep my mother from going back, though)
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Let me recover after getting hit by that bus, thanks Saints17.... .
                          Yeah this from the guy who wouldn't drop the gloves with me in mens league, granted it was after the game but stilll....

I have watched Norwich's coverage before and have nothing bad to say about it. Its great and another option for watching good hockey.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

ELMIRA 10 POTSDAM 3 FINAL

http://resources.elmira.edu/athletic...ckey/xlive.htm
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                              If they let their emotions get in the way, they're in for a long night I think they will need to concentrate on playing hockey, Saul knows what HE recruited and what he faces.
                              Should be a good game.
                              Man did I ever call this one right

Comment

Working...
                              X