• Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    As I was saying....
    Nice job..............

DU drops to #2 in PWR.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I was down in the Springs last Saturday (as I will be tomorrow) for the CC UNDie game. CC looked like a completely different team tonight. They played with heart, effort and focus. They did a great job sealing up the middle of the ice--kept us on the perimeter all night. It's like Gwoz said--they were playing for a little more than the pan--fighting to stay alive. I think the boys will bounce back and rip that pan from them tomorrow. The Senior leadership will step up. I thought Jessie Martin was way off his game tonight. Second DU goal was a rare Chevy mistake--he put the rebound right on the stick of the CC forward. Overall, it was a great game to watch and leaves you hungry for more.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Great atmosphere at Magness and a good hockey game tonight. Both teams played hard and clean. CC was a little sharper and faster to loose pucks, although DU had long stretches of offensive zone dominance that didn't pay off in goals.

The turning point in the game, in my mind, came in the first five minutes, when DU was all over CC and DU hit the crossbar. Had they scored then, I think the building totally becomes a snakepit. But CC survived, and once they survived, their big guns played very well. CC did not make many mistakes - they played solid road hockey and adjusted well to DU's attack. Howe also stepped up to make some big saves as well.

DU has not been swept all year, and I like our chances to win tomorrow night on the big ice.

Great ovation for Stastny tonight, and a number of Avs players were at the game, including Matt Duschene. Nice to see the MacNaughton Cup presented, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Great ovation for Stastny tonight, and a number of Avs players were at the game, including Matt Duschene. Nice to see the MacNaughton Cup presented, too.
          I saw one glimpse of Stastny on TV. Did they show it again?, when did he come out?, what happened there?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
            I saw one glimpse of Stastny on TV. Did they show it again?, when did he come out?, what happened there?
            Stastny came on the ice at a TV timeout in first period on a small DU carpet in front of the team benches. He had his USA jersey and his silver medal on, did a crowd wave to a large applause and then suddenly stripped off his USA jersey to reveal his DU 60th anniversary jersey underneath to a standing ovation, with a nice jersey pop on the Denver logo on his chest. Some of his Avs teammates were in the crowd to see him honored. The crowd chanted "USA" and the game resumed. Best moment of the night.

Comment

Stastny came on the ice at a TV timeout in first period on a small DU carpet in front of the team benches. He had his USA jersey and his silver medal on, did a crowd wave to a large applause and then suddenly stripped off his USA jersey to reveal his DU 60th anniversary jersey underneath to a standing ovation, with a nice jersey pop on the Denver logo on his chest. Some of his Avs teammates were in the crowd to see him honored. The crowd chanted "USA" and the game resumed. Best moment of the night.
              It was really neat to see. The kind of moment that makes you really proud to be a DU fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                They have a snippet of Stastny on the Highlights on Pioneer Vision.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Nice to see the MacNaughton Cup presented, too.
                  Too bad our fans are either uninformed or apathetic, that trophy should have been presented to a full building.
                  University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                  Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
                    Too bad our fans are either uninformed or apathetic, that trophy should have been presented to a full building.
                    It's more than just uninformed or apathy, I believe.

That was such an intense hockey game and the feeling of loss was so intense at that post-game moment that even I forgot about the Trophy Presentation, until I saw the trophy being rolled out. I'm sure many other fans may have forgotten about it as well. For most people, when you lose a game like that, people tend to head for the exits quickly to get out of the building. I would bet that had DU reminded everyone with a few announcements for people to stick around, the crowd response would have been much different.

Comment

Great atmosphere at Magness and a good hockey game tonight.
                      The students' energy and excitement was obvious from the get-go last night. Many of them were waiting for an extended time for the doors to open and, once they did, it was even more obvious how into this game they were going to be. The student section was at least 3/4 full for warmups, which is a rarity to say the least.

Comment

It's more than just uninformed or apathy, I believe.

That was such an intense hockey game and the feeling of loss was so intense at that post-game moment that even I forgot about the Trophy Presentation, until I saw the trophy being rolled out. I'm sure many other fans may have forgotten about it as well. For most people, when you lose a game like that, people tend to head for the exits quickly to get out of the building. I would bet that had DU reminded everyone with a few announcements for people to stick around, the crowd response would have been much different.
                        True! What the hell was the extensive marketing department that we all fund with the high ticket prices doing last night?
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

We had everything going for us: MacNaughton, White Out, Stats and yet we couldn't get the job done. I am so dad-dratted tired of us not being able to hold serve in our own building against these guys, I could, uh, spit. The next reference I read to "World Arena North" or whatever, some small mammal's going to get hurt. Well, I feel marginally better now that I've let that out. It would be nice if we could drill CC tonight.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            We had everything going for us: MacNaughton, White Out, Stats and yet we couldn't get the job done. I am so dad-dratted tired of us not being able to hold serve in our own building against these guys, I could, uh, spit. The next reference I read to "World Arena North" or whatever, some small mammal's going to get hurt. Well, I feel marginally better now that I've let that out. It would be nice if we could drill CC tonight.
                            Yeah, 6-14-4 (or whatever it is) at Magness vs CC is a bit depressing. And weird. And just not right.

However, it's a bit easier to handle knowing that we are a tourney lock and have home ice for the 1st round, while that other team only wishes they had either.

If injuring a small mammal is still desired, I could offer my services and go *****-slap CCtig for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Yeah, 6-14-4 (or whatever it is) at Magness vs CC is a bit depressing. And weird. And just not right.

However, it's a bit easier to handle knowing that we are a tourney lock and have home ice for the 1st round, while that other team only wishes they had either.

If injuring a small mammal is still desired, I could offer my services and go *****-slap CCtig for ya...
                              I'll take your offer under advisement.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Just rolled in from the Springs. That was a good old fashioned SPANKING. DU puts up a touchdown! DU moved the puck at will and made it look easy. Rhett's goal was sick! What a great turn out by the DU fan base. By far the biggest one I've seen in my five years of following the program.

My two favorite quotes of the night. One from Swami who sat a row behind my daughter and I with Ms. Swami. After the fourth DU goal he stands up and yells "oh, it's a beating now". Second, we stood by the DU exit doors after the game and Gifford and Rhett were the two last players off the ice. Gifford skates up to the door yelling his *** off "Where is the "F" ing Gold Pan..Bring it out here, I want it now!!!!"

Great end to an amazing season! Congrats to the boys and especially the seniors. I know winning the Pan for the first time has been a huge goal for them.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X