X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Very interesting video conversations with Ruegsegger and Rakhshani as they refelect on past, present and future DU experiences.

http://www.du.edu/today/stories/2010...04seniors.html
    That is some good stuff.

I listened to Gwoz's Tuesday press conference and one of the questions was if he was going to rest some guys Saturday night if DU wins the Gold Pan on Friday. He responded that he probably wouldn't as the team is trying to get the highest seeding that they can in the national tourney. He noted one loss can have a negative effect on your PWR and drop you down a notch. He knows DU is in the tourney but he wants to also give them the best chance of succeeding in the tourney. Sounds like all the regulars will be playing both nights no matter what.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
      I just finished reading the Denver Post's sports section what a sick article.
      That Chambers' kid is finally coming around to becoming a good writer.

FYI, No band this weekend for DU. They are off in Arkansas with the hoops team for the conference Tourney.
      Last edited by dggoddard; 03-04-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        FYI, No band this weekend for DU. They are off in Arkansas with the hoops team for the conference Tourney.
        Playing for the players, coaches and the 15-20 DU basketball parents in attendence in Hot Springs.

Comment

Yeah, sooner or later Chambers will make the varsity. In the meantime, what an outstanding piece. And props to DG are well deserved. Congratulations and. . .thanks. Well done.

Earlier this season one of us posted a conversation with someone from a D II or III school (memory's shot) who referred to us a "big time." I always enjoy getting into a conversation with someone who's never heard of DU and explaining the lack of football, and then dropping "but we DO have a hockey team." Yeah. Think Alabama or Texas or Southern Cal. Just subtract the corruption and add athletes who can actually read and write and you've got the picture. "She's the pride of Colorado, Hail to Denver U."
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

A road trip to Arkansas Are they being punished?

Seriously, aren't there a few extras who can play D-Rah?
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              A road trip to Arkansas Are they being punished?

Seriously, aren't there a few extras who can play D-Rah?
              Sadly, no extras. DU would want to do things right in front a of a sellout hockey crowd and who can blame them? I wouldn't throw five kids out there without backup.

The kids going to Arkansas are going there because D-I wants to do it's part to send a band like every other serious D-I basketball program would send to a conference tourney. And the kids? Most college students would have fun on a road trip to Siberian Gulag. Remember the scene from American Pie - "This one time, at band camp"......

Comment

Sadly, no extras. DU would want to do things right in front a of a sellout hockey crowd and who can blame them? I wouldn't throw five kids out there without backup.

The kids going to Arkansas are going there because D-I wants to do it's part to send a band like every other serious D-I basketball program would send to a conference tourney. And the kids? Most college students would have fun on a road trip to Siberian Gulag. Remember the scene from American Pie - "This one time, at band camp"......
                Maybe someone can find the alums who used to play in the cage above the north goal in the old barn for this weekend.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Has anyone else noticed that as the team's winning streak grows the number of posts shrink?
                  Does this mean we are just a bunch of whiners?
                  Personally, I love hearing about recruits, that is if we don't have anything else to talk about
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Winning all these game makes it hard to crank out my usual pessimism....

Comment

This afternoon Tyler Ruegsegger won the lemon. Chris Knowlton the orange, after taking the lemon last week.
                      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                        This afternoon Tyler Ruegsegger won the lemon. Chris Knowlton the orange, after taking the lemon last week.
                        Ruegs must have jinxed himself by talking about the "Rubberband Man Video" in the interview. I bet he caught some crap from the players, "winning" the lemon.

Knowlton has 2 goals in 24 games. In Vegas he'd be about 10-1 to score on Friday night. Based on the recent trend, that might be worth a Sawbuck.

There are "NO" tickets available for Friday night. I don't mean "Sold Out," I mean nobody can get or find a ticket. How bad is it? Students are willing to pay "face value" for any tickets.

And we all know how the students hated paying $18. 783 of them joined the Facebook group "Official Petition: Bring Back $5 Student Hockey Tickets All Week"
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannino Saves View Post
                          That's too bad. I was just getting used to stomping them in their Marble-laden Arena. Maybe a road trip is in order. That way we can dine at Whitey's Gastropub in East Grand Forks and hit on fat, ugly UND sweater-wearing chicks afterward??? Delich.
                          You truly are a tard.

Comment

Winning all these game makes it hard to crank out my usual pessimism....
                            A rare moment!
                            University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                            Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              That is some good stuff.

I listened to Gwoz's Tuesday press conference and one of the questions was if he was going to rest some guys Saturday night if DU wins the Gold Pan on Friday. He responded that he probably wouldn't as the team is trying to get the highest seeding that they can in the national tourney. He noted one loss can have a negative effect on your PWR and drop you down a notch. He knows DU is in the tourney but he wants to also give them the best chance of succeeding in the tourney. Sounds like all the regulars will be playing both nights no matter what.
                              I watched that too, I was impressed by his response. When you think about it, the overall number one could potentially give you a nice edge, especially if an underdog wins in a lesser conference tourney.

It's ALMOST GOLD PAN DAY PEOPLE!
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

INCH stands up for a Chevy Hobey or is that a Hobey Chevy?

Cheverie's Hobey to lose?

Joe Gladziszewski (3:02 PM)

That's how we see it right now, according to our most recently-published Hobey Tracker. Check that out at INCH and ESPN.com. Several other good candidates have had nice seasons, but Cheverie is tops in our minds.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...college-hockey
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X