This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Denver has all the makings for a festive evening on Friday March 5th. Before the game starts, Paul Stastny--fresh off a medal winning performance in Vancouver--could be introduced to the crowd after the playing of the national anthem. If Denver earns a combined two points in its games against Mankato tonight and/or CC next Friday, after the game versus the Tigers, the MacNaughton Cup could be presented to the team. It could be a celebratory evening indeed.
    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

In both the pre and post game interviews last night (with an exceptionally out of touch and delusional Jay Stickney) I found it interesting that Gwoz seemed to go to some lengths to minimize the importance of winning the McNaughton cup. He didn't come right out and say "I don't care" of course. But he did talk about "bigger goals" and the fact that the WCHA is so competitive that the cup is very hard to win (and historically hasn't always been a predictor of how well teams do in the NC$$ tournament).

He said his players knew the situation as regards the cup, meaning it wasn't necessary for him to give a big pep talk to send 'em out on the ice all fired up to win the McNaughton. It's just an interesting perspective and it may be that he talked down the importance of the McNaughton a bit because of Jay's fulminations. And, of course, keeping his eye on the prize, the NC.

As I mentioned on the scoring thread, and which everyone on line heard, in the pre-game, Jay asked Gwoz if he was concerned that the guys might be looking forward to next week, and their chance to wrap up the Gold Pan. That is easily the most ponderously stupid question I've heard him ask all year long.

And the more I think about a big celebration next week: winning the McNaughton and honoring Stats, the more I like it. Is there anyone (Erich Bacher, for instance) one of us should call to make the suggestion?
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Congrats to the Denver Pioneers, 2010 MacNaughton Cup Champions!

Now lets go and win the Gold Pan and keep the momentum going.

Comment

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******

DU 2010 MacNAUGHTON CUP CHAMPIONS
          Last edited by du78; 02-27-2010, 10:52 PM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Congrats to DU on the Mac.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I add my congrats. Perhaps we'll get another shot at you guys in a few weeks.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Good chance that UND and DU will meet up again this year.

DU is 13-1-2 since January 1st. The only loss was a one goal loss to Wisconsin in Madison. They are currently on a 10-game win streak. The 2 ties were against UAA at home and the Badgers on the road.

DU has not lost an OT game this year and has 2 OT wins and 4 ties. The OT wins have both come in the current 10-game win streak.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Bump!
                  Do we have an injury report?
                  Did we come out of the house of horrors unscathed?
                  What is Nutini's status?
                  How about Wrenn and Martin?

Wouldn't it be nice to go into the post season 100% healthy!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Friday night at Magness:
                    The MacNaughton
                    Stastny and the Olympic Silver Medal
                    The Gold Pan

Works for me!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Friday night at Magness:
                      The MacNaughton
                      The Gold Pan

Works for me!
                      Sounds like a plan. Somebody check with Jay to see if he approves.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Nutini will still be out another two to three weeks according to Jon Cook on the radio on Saturday night.

Adam Murray was sick yesterday and almost didn't suit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                          Bump!
                          Do we have an injury report?
                          Did we come out of the house of horrors unscathed?
                          What is Nutini's status?
                          How about Wrenn and Martin?

Wouldn't it be nice to go into the post season 100% healthy!!
                          Wrenn and Martin played this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Friday night at Magness:
                            The MacNaughton
                            The Gold Pan

Works for me!
                            FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
                            BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE
                            I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

bump
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Monday Update

DU #1 all around and 2010 MacNaughton Cup Champions

WCHA Standings

Pairwise

USCHO Poll

INCH Power Rankings

Comment

Working...
                                X