• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Now I have to follow the Leafs and the Habs

Guess the Sabres, Flyers and Avs are just old hat

BTW, Ostrow wins the game on a bank shot off of an AFA player, from Centennial . Isn't that Nutini's home town?
    Don't forget Dubie is with the Wild and Pettinger is with Vancouver. DU has 7 ex-players in the NHL today. BTW Trotter played on a line with two other players that were called up from Hamilton today.

Here is from the Montreal site about how Brock and his line played.

Brock Trotter made his NHL debut for Montreal, one day after he was called up from Hamilton of the AHL along with Ryan White and David Desharnais.

Playing as a line, the Canadiens' rookies drew penalties on back-to-back shifts in the second, including Brooks Orpik's interference call at 10:09, moments after Gionta scored on a breakaway to give Montreal a 2-1 lead.

"They created a lot of energy, they created a lot of chances and they weren't a liability at all out there defensively," Gionta said. "I thought they played a great game, especially having three of them together out there."
    It is taking an awfully long time for the DU/AFA box score to be posted.
    Last edited by du78; 02-06-2010, 11:35 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      Don't forget Dubie is with the Wild and Pettinger is with Vancouver. DU has 7 ex-players in the NHL today. BTW Trotter played on a line with two other players that were called up from Hamilton today.

Here is from the Montreal site about how Brock and his line played.

It is taking an awfully long time for the DU/AFA box score to be posted.
      Even though Brock didn't score . this shot made the Habs' videos.
      http://canadiens.nhl.tv/team/console...TL448&fr=false

And an interview woth Bozak is on the Leaf's site
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Good morning Pio fans. Well, I was only kidding about the "what did I miss" comment. I should have put a smiley face on there. I started the DVR so late I couldn't catch up to you guys fast forwarding through the commercials and intermissions. I didn't want to see any goals lights prematurely, on the scoring thread. Anyway, I saw the whole thing, awesome win!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          Good morning Pio fans. Well, I was only kidding about the "what did I miss" comment. I should have put a smiley face on there. I started the DVR so late I couldn't catch up to you guys fast forwarding through the commercials and intermissions. I didn't want to see any goals lights prematurely, on the scoring thread. Anyway, I saw the whole thing, awesome win!!!
          Good job of balancing the home and hockey lives.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

It's Super Sunday!

May not have the hype of say, the Pioneers vs the Fightin Sioux.

But they do award a trophy, not with the same acclaim as the Gold Pan, but a trophy nonetheless.

Pittsburgh has won the trophy six times; still one shy of the number of NCAA Championships DU has won.

And if you add in the MacNaughtons and Broadmoors, there is no comparison.

There won't be a Hobey Baker Award Winner on either team.

There won't be a 2010 Olympian in the game.

Neither team has taken on the Air Force and WON

It's not the Final Five, much less the Frozen Four--how many people even understand XLIV ?

Despite these shortcomings, it is Super Bowl Sunday!

Let the munching begin!
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Two things I noticed this weekend:
              Friday--Lars was the backup goaltender, not Chevy.
              Saturday--On Ostrow's winning goal Brandon Vossberg got an assist, but the box score doesn't even show him on the ice when the goal was scored.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

I am glad this last weekend is over and DU got out of it with a pair of wins.

I am sure Gwoz will find a ton of defensive issues when he looks at the tape after giving up nearly 80 shots on the weekend. Offesively, he'll see a team that is still a 3.0 GPG offense for the most part. And he'll see a goaltender, that when he's on his game, is probably the best goalie in college hockey, given the level of competition he sees every week.

DU has all the ingredients for NCAA success - talent, leadership and work ethic but fans this year have rarely seen all the ingredients playing well at the same time, as DU tends to play just well enough to get good results.

Right now, this is a DU team that relies a bit too much on it's goalie. In the next few weeks, DU is facing some teams it should beat. It would be amazing to see Gwoz and the team can get all their key elements clicking to peak at the right time. Lots of work to do.

Comment

Saturday--On Ostrow's winning goal Brandon Vossberg got an assist, but the box score doesn't even show him on the ice when the goal was scored.
                  Friday's boxscore shows all 3 DU goalies dressed at home. Chevy might not have been on the bench but sitting in the runway. Gwoz wasn't going to let the game get out of hand if Adam had problems.

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mdenmrc1.f05
                  Last edited by du78; 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Some very famous assists have gone down that way. Lou Angotti got an assist on Bobby Hull's 51st (first to break 50). He lagged the puck to Hull and skated to the Chicago bench. Hull, meanwhile, took off up the ice at about 90 miles an hour and unleashed a slapper from the blue line that went in for the historic score. Angotti got an assist and was on the bench.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Thanks guys. Should have known someone would have known what was going on.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

The Leafs brought Bozak up hopefully to spur Kessel's scoring.
                        In the 13 games since Bozak joined the Leafs, Kessel has scored 16 points.
                        In the preceding 13 games Kessel had 4 points.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

bump!!! I can't believe I get to see the Pioneers this Sat night!! Wohooo!!!
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

DU stays #2 in INCH Power Rankings.

Comment

DU has very quietly gone 7-1-2 since New Years. Eight very manageable regular season WCHA games remain.

I'd like to see DU not only win 6-8 of the remaining regular season games, but improve on this season's biggest issues and be running on all cylinders when the NCAA's roll around.

1). Improve the 5 on 5 scoring. K. Ostrow & Maiani are giving DU a very potent second line. Finding a "Third Amigo" is Priority #1 for this team.

2). Second power play unit needs some giddy-up. Donovan is going to be the key to getting these boys rolling. If you watched the Team USA Power Play unit, Donovan went north-south very effectively. On DU's Power Play, the blueliners go east-west.

3). DU needs to start blowing some teams out. Start scoring four or five goals and the games become less taxing and more fun for the players.

4). I think Murray is done for the season based on Gwoz's comments, but a start against Michigan Tech and/or the last CC game would be OK with me.

5). Drew Shore has been playing really well in 2010. He's the key to keeping the third line rolling.

6). The "Big 3" Rakhshani, Ruegsegger & Colborne need a breakout game. Three or more goals in a game would be a welcome reward for these guys.

7). DU needs to play better on Saturday nights.
                              Last edited by dggoddard; 02-08-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

DU still #2 in USCHO rankings.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X