This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Dmann--I've been married 14 years and my wife could care less about hockey. She'll generally come to one game a season with me. I've had season tix since we moved here 5 years ago. She's very tolent--she knows it's a big passion of mine. I don't have anything to add to PS's advice. Next Saturday I'm skipping the Minny game for a play to celbrate vday. It's money in the bank.

My challenge is that one of our kids was born on 4/9 which often conflicts with the FF. This year I could be flying back home to watch her blow out the candles and then flying back the morning of the 10th. How's that for inefficiency?
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      This year I could be flying back home to watch her blow out the candles and then flying back the morning of the 10th. How's that for inefficiency?
      Take her to the Frozen Four with you. She'll have a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        Take her to the Frozen Four with you. She'll have a blast.
        She's only 8. I took her tonight which I rarely do because she gets sleepy, She wanted to sleep towards the end of the 2nd but then again so did I.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          Bagman, you gonna be at the Minny game Sat. night? I owe you a beer! You will know some of the guys I'm with too!
          I'll be there.

Comment

Pios need to come out and light the lamp quick just like they did the first night at the Ralph tonight. Take the crowd out of it. I think the RR line will be ready to click after a non productive performance last night. Chevy will be relaxed and dialed in. AF only had 20 shots last night. DU needs to focus on the fundamentals--passing, transition, hitting and disciplined D. That's the formula all the way to Motown. Can't wait to get down there for puck drop.
            Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-06-2010, 09:51 AM.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/05/op...brooks.html?em

Interesting op-ed piece about the role of college sport in society.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Brock Trotter in the line up for Montreal today,wearing # 59.His first NHL game. Congrats to Brock.

Comment

Becca Ruegsegger got the win for Wisconsin in big outdoor game in Madison.
                  6-1 over Bemidji
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

She's only 8. I took her tonight which I rarely do because she gets sleepy, She wanted to sleep towards the end of the 2nd but then again so did I.
                    If DU makes it to the Frozen Four, I gotta agree with Swamster. There will be other kids there her age and it just a matter of finding things to do to match her interests. I know there were several kids in Boston and they had a blast. And that was before we had Boone.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/05/op...brooks.html?em

Interesting op-ed piece about the role of college sport in society.
                      Excellent stuff. Thanks for elevating my day.

Comment

Bozak with a goal tonight in Leafs/Sens game. Leafs lead 3-0 end 1st on HNIC on NHL Network.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                          Brock Trotter in the line up for Montreal today,wearing # 59.His first NHL game. Congrats to Brock.
                          Fantastic. One of the great jerseys in all of sport.

As I recall, the last DU alum to wear the famed "CH" for the Habs was Ed Cristofoli, who wore it for about 9 games in the late 80s?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            Fantastic. One of the great jerseys in all of sport.

As I recall, the last DU alum to wear the famed "CH" for the Habs was Ed Cristofoli, who wore it for about 9 games in the late 80s?
                            Brock played 11:07 and had 5 shots on goal which led the Habs in shots. He was even and did not get any points in the Habs 5-3 win over the Pens.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Now I have to follow the Leafs and the Habs

Guess the Sabres, Flyers and Avs are just old hat

BTW, Ostrow wins the game on a bank shot off of an AFA player, from Centennial . Isn't that Nutini's home town?
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                Now I have to follow the Leafs and the Habs

Guess the Sabres, Flyers and Avs are just old hat

BTW, Ostrow wins the game on a bank shot off of an AFA player, from Centennial . Isn't that Nutini's home town?
                                yup.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X