• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Check out the latest on Bracketolgy:

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,18010/B...yFeb22010.html

I would to see that come playoff time!!!
    Same here. Sure beats playing Michigan at Yost!
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      After watching Coach Steve Miller's press conference yesterday, I'm almost certain Murray is going to start in goal.

The decision will be made on Thursday and the starting goaltender will be notified after practice on Thursday.

Murray has been working hard and learning from Chevy the concentration and preparation that is needed to be a successful goaltender.
      Hard to say DG. Lot's on the line and things have started to gel. If you go and mess with it just to give a rookie some ice time it could have a big negative impact if it blows up. I didn't hear anything that indicated the decision to go with Adam had been made. In my mind you start Chevy and see if the boys can open a big lead and then you bring in Adam. If they don't then you wait. I don't think he'd get the start at Cadet Arena even if he stood on his head Friday. Right now he's a distant second and his job is to grow in practice (which he's doing). If Chevy went down so would our hopes--with ice time for Adam this weekend or without it. That said, stick with what's been working. I see any experimenting limited to shuffling of lines. With Jessie out for a couple of weeks--Gwoz pretty has to reshuffle.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
        Hard to say DG. Lot's on the line and things have started to gel. If you go and mess with it just to give a rookie some ice time it could have a big negative impact if it blows up. I didn't hear anything that indicated the decision to go with Adam had been made.
        I'll be in Section 18 for the Minnesota series. Just bring the beers up one at a time between periods. Try not to spill too much on the way over. I prefer domestics, but if you're running late anything will do.

This isn't just about Murray. When has Chevy played his best this season? On Friday nights and coming off breaks. Keep the Chevy rested and he'll perform better in the playoffs. His GAA on Fridays is 1.54 vs. 2.02 overall. His save percentage on Fridays is just under 95%.

My guess is if Murray played well Friday, his next start would be against Michigan Tech. He played well again, Saturday night of the CC series in the Springs if DU had everything wrapped up. He played well again, Saturday night of the 1st Round of the WCHA playoffs. If DU made the Final 5 but lost in the Semi's Murray would almost certainly start in the Consolation Game.

So if Murray gets the nod on Friday night, he's got an opportunity to get more playing time down the stretch. If he does well, he could be quite useful keeping the Chevy purring.
        Last edited by dggoddard; 02-04-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I'll be in Section 18 for the Minnesota series. Just bring the beers up one at a time between periods. Try not to spill too much on the way over. I prefer domestics, but if you're running late anything will do.
          I know I'm a week early here, But I will be in attendance at the Sat. Minny game!! Clap, clap, clap, I know, I know, clap, clap. clap, please, come on!! So aside from my old college buddies I want to catch up with, I would love to connect with all of my poster homies!! Do you guys still hang out in that one corner between periods?, I can't remember the section numbers close by. And do some of you still go to Spankys before the game?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

I know I'm a week early here, But I will be in attendance at the Sat. Minny game!! Clap, clap, clap, I know, I know, clap, clap. clap, please, come on!! So aside from my old college buddies I want to catch up with, I would love to connect with all of my poster homies!! Do you guys still hang out in that one corner between periods?, I can't remember the section numbers close by. And do some of you still go to Spankys before the game?
            Spanky's is now out of favor. Last I heard everyone was pregamming at The Pioneer over by the Delta Gamma house on University Ave. Cheap drinks, good food and lots of old DU posters & items. You'll like it. They're known for their generous pours.

We'll organize a few pre & post game events on both nights.

Comment

I really enjoyed this video segment from "NCAA on Campus" with Antje Maempel, DU's two time defending NCAA cross-country ski champion. She's a good story...

http://www.denverpioneers.com/newMed...mid=18600&KEY=

Comment

Spanky's is now out of favor. Last I heard everyone was pregamming at The Pioneer over by the Delta Gamma house on University Ave. Cheap drinks, good food and lots of old DU posters & items. You'll like it. They're known for their generous pours.

We'll organize a few pre & post game events on both nights.

Wow, that's a switch!! What happened at Spankys? or is that classified?
                Tom Serratore

Comment

One sentence summary:

Ownership there was really nasty to our main host, who did a lot for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    One sentence summary:

Ownership there was really nasty to our main host, who did a lot for us.
                    OK, enough said. One more thing, I'm having trouble picturing a frat house on University Blvd. Is it on the East or West side of University? North or South of Evans?
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

No big secret. They had a management switch and a lot of the USCHO posters left with him.

10 Best Things To Do During DU Home Series

10). Saturday lunch or midnight feed at Jerusalem - Two Words "Lamb Shank"

9). Hit the Border - We almost lost this "National Treasure." Will be interesting to see how the reopening goes.

8). Getting a table postgame @ Jordans. The final buzzer sounds at Magness. You have 15 minutes, maybe less to get to Jordan's and hold a table.

7). Stand in Section 18 and watch the game. A veritable "Who's Who" of USCHO posters.

6). Drink Scotch in the Gold Club.

5). The hand carved sandwiches in the North end of Magness are legendary.

4). Stand and watch the game from the Crimson Club. The best views in college hockey and you don't have to sit down.

3). Sit in the DU Student Section. You'll learn how to spell "Orgy" and be reminded that condoms are a helpful "defense" against childbirth & VD.

2). Best breakfast near DU? Pete's University Cafe on the corner of University & Evans.

1). Magness Arena is one of the few venues in college sports that serves alcohol. Enjoy the entitlement.
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 02-04-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I really enjoyed this video segment from "NCAA on Campus" with Antje Maempel, DU's two time defending NCAA cross-country ski champion. She's a good story...

Thanks for posting that. It had slipped past me that Hank Kashiwa's kid was an assistant coach. OPAA: (Old Pio annecdote alert) I ran into Hank at the '71 pre Olympics at Sapporo. And the Japanese media were playing his arrival for this practice meet sort of like NY media played the arrival of the Beatles.

Just about every magazine had a cover of this handsome half Japanese dude and the Japanese ladies were, shall we say, enthusiastic about his arrival and any subsequent appearances. He told me he was just not prepared for the intensity of the reaction to him. I don't recall him saying he didn't like it.

Very nice guy, BTW.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Interesting website with all sorts of probabilities.
                          http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahoc...standings.html

WCH also points out a new site from the Rivals network. DU has three players in the Power Lines.
                          http://collegehockey247.rivals.com/c...sp?CID=1047149
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Yeah, good link, Swami. Antje kicked some serious butt as a sophomore last year. Hopefully she can lead DU to a repeat championship this year. A three-peat would be pretty sweet.

Comment

Rock is one of the finalists for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204880927
                              Last edited by du78; 02-04-2010, 04:27 PM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                                Rock of the finalists for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204880927

Make sure and vote for Rhett. You can vote for 3 candidates once per day.
                                http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2009_10/
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X