X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Great thread title. Congrats to Vizoroo for coming up with it.
    Based on prior posting volumes, the new thread should last into March.

Comment

Matt Carle and the Flyers are traveling to Toronto tomorrow to face Tyler Bozak and the Leafs.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

bump!! Go Matt Carle, go Tyler Bozak!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

I agree great title for the thread. As far as the scheduling goes I believe their are 4 less home games this year than last.
          GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
            I agree great title for the thread. As far as the scheduling goes I believe their are 4 less home games this year than last.
            Thats because DU didn't travel to UAA and get the Alaskan Exemption from the the NCAA and they owed Ohio State a visit. Four less home games probably means $800,000 less revenue for the Athletic Department.

Bringing UNO & Bemidji into the WCHA will mean that DU will only visit UAA once every two years instead of twice every three years. It will mean less extra nonconference games at Magness and less games against Minnesota, UND and Wisconsin at Magness over the long haul.

Interesting series between Wisconsin @ CC this weekend. If I lived in Denver I would pop down and catch one of the games. CC took three points from the Badgers Opening weekend. Its possible that Wisconsin will struggle on the big ice with CC's speed, which would bode well for DU next weekend. On the otherhand the Badgers have been rolling opponents since the Opening Weekend.

I think I'm cheering for CC. ----- Ouch.
            Last edited by dggoddard; 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM.

Comment

We did travel to UAA though. As far as the tickets go I might be mistaken but I want to say the price for season tickets remained the same so the cost per ticket went up this year. Of course they are missing out on concessions, individual tickets, parking ect. by having 4 less games.
              GO DU!!!!

Comment

We did travel to UAA though.
                My mistake. Plus we didn't go to Alaska last year. 21 home games last year and 19 this year by my count.

You must have counted UAA home playoff games. We should have two or three more first round WCHA games at the end of the season at Magness.

Hall of Fame game against Notre Dame @ Magness, Air Force came to DU and no road non-conference series last year.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 01-14-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I hope when they set the schedule that they make sure we play CC 4 times a year and this may sound crazy but what if they were to schedule a team like ND to play friday night at Denver and sat night at CC so at least we get to see them that year.
                  GO DU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    My mistake. Plus we didn't go to Alaska last year. 21 home games last year and 19 this year by my count.

Hall of Fame game against Notre Dame @ Magness, Air Force came to DU and no road non-conference series last year.
                    Oh ok, my bad I knew their were less games this year.
                    GO DU!!!!

Comment

Bozak:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...hance-to-shine

Comment

I hope when they set the schedule that they make sure we play CC 4 times a year and this may sound crazy but what if they were to schedule a team like ND to play friday night at Denver and sat night at CC so at least we get to see them that year.
                        The CC/DU home and home idea would never fly for WCHA games. It will give teams an odd number of home vs. road games plus no one would want to play DU & CC on back to back nights because they are too good.

Supposedly the WCHA schedule for next season is already floating around with tentative dates.
                        • DU owes Vermont a visit.
                        • The Denver Cup is supposedly being moved to November (probably Thanksgiving)
                        • No games around New Years to conflict with World Juniors (Wrenn, Shore, Zucker & Bennett are candidates for Team USA).
                        • One visit home or away against every WCHA team.
                        • 4 games against CC.
                        • 2 extra series against two other WCHA teams.

Comment

The CC/DU home and home idea would never fly for WCHA games. It will give teams an odd number of home vs. road games plus no one would want to play DU & CC on back to back nights because they are too good.

Supposedly the WCHA schedule for next season is already floating around with tentative dates.
                          • DU owes Vermont a visit.
                          • The Denver Cup is supposedly being moved to November (probably Thanksgiving)
                          • No games around New Years to conflict with World Juniors (Wrenn, Shore, Zucker & Bennett are candidates for Team USA).
                          • One visit home or away against every WCHA team.
                          • 4 games against CC.
                          • 2 extra series against two other WCHA teams.
                          Yeah I figured as much. I wonder if other teams are going to have a locked in rival to make sure they play them 4 times a year
                          GO DU!!!!

Comment

Yeah I figured as much. I wonder if other teams are going to have a locked in rival to make sure they play them 4 times a year
                            Everyone has a "rival."

Minnesota-Wisconsin
                            DU-CC
                            St. Cloud-UND
                            Mankato-UAA
                            Bemidji-UNO
                            Duluth-Tech

Comment

Everyone has a "rival."

Minnesota-Wisconsin
                              DU-CC
                              St. Cloud-UND
                              Mankato-UAA
                              Bemidji-UNO
                              Duluth-Tech
                              That's interesting. Five Minnesota schools and none are rivals.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                That's interesting. Five Minnesota schools and none are rivals.
                                Most WCHA fans thought they would shake up the rivalries with the two new teams coming in next season, but they obviously couldn't get everyone to agree.

They could have gone with a "fairness model" or a "geographic model," but stayed with the status quo. Probably because Minnesota & Wisconsin didn't want to give up the golden goose.

Fairness Pairings
                                MN - SCSU
                                DU - CC
                                WI - UND
                                TECH - UAA
                                Duluth - Mankato
                                UNO - Bemidji

Geographic Pairings
                                MN-Mankato
                                DU-CC
                                Duluth-SCSU
                                WI-MTU
                                Bemidji-UND
                                UAA-UNO
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 01-14-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X